In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 1 of 19
Virtuosity98 wrote:
:hand::hand::hand: Welcome to the Battle of Berlin Mafia Game Thread! :hand::hand::hand:

This post will outline the structure of this particular mafia game. The information in this post is crucial for understanding how to win and how to prevent others from winning - so read on!
(If you are new to mafia, or haven't played with us here on D12, please familiarise yourself with this thread.)

Background and Scenario (click to show)

Battle of Berlin:
14 players
Third Reich (mafia) vs Soviet Union//Western Allies (split town)
IMPORTANT: all players have different (potentially unique) win clauses that reflect and incorporate each character's actual priorities regarding the end of WW2 and post-war Europe. Therefore, it is possible for some players in a faction to win, whilst others in the same faction might lose. Some players are able to win entirely alone.
Win Clause Mechanics (click to show)
^ Sound complicated? :D Just focus on getting your 3 Victory Points. If you can't get the third, often you can still win with 2 or even 1.

Possible roles: (click to show)
^ Note: all political and military leaders of the same nation will know each other from the beginning - they will be put into group chats.

Thematically, killing Hitler is equivalent to conquering Berlin (with all the prestige that accompanies it). A mafia night kill usually represents an assassination, a Soviet Union or Western Allies night kill represents an individual army night raid, and a lynching represents a coordinated military offensive involving multiple armies. As such, Stalin and Churchill cannot be lynched (they are in Moscow and London), and Hitler cannot be lynched if Kaltenbrunner, Müller, Bormann or Weilding is still alive (he is in his bunker).

Small Print1:
All night actions are treated as simultaneous. If two players would kill each other simultaneously, a standoff occurs and neither player dies. If three or more players would kill each other in an A --> B --> C --> A scenario, no standoff occurs, and all are killed. If multiple players kill another player at the same time, then any Victory Points earned from the kill are shared equally between all killers (e.g. if Zhukov (Soviet Union) and Alexander (Western Allies) kill Hitler during the same night, all players who would receive 1VP for a Soviet killing Hitler would receive half a VP, and all players who receive 1VP for an Ally killing Hitler would receive half a VP). In other words, the credit for the kill is split, and so the Victory Points earned are split by the same ratio.
Small Print2: Players still alive who can't obtain any further Victory Points will have their Night and Day actions cancelled if indeed there are no longer Victory Points to be gained or protected. As mod, I have complete discretion over this scenario, and will only use it to prevent game-breaking situations.

Remember, the key is to get as many Victory Points as possible. Also remember that every Role represents a real historical person who had actual priorities for the end of the war and post-war Europe. With a little research, you might be able to guess what other players' secret win clauses are :)

Finally: iPrOmIsEtOhOnOuRmYpLeDgEtOhOnEsTuNbIaSeDrAnDoMnEsS

Any questions? Please ask me here or via PM :) Role PMs coming out soon(ish) :pirate:
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98

Any questions? Please ask me here or via PM :) Role PMs coming out soon(ish) :pirate:

Question 1) Why write that 'sentence' in such a messed up fashion?
2) Where and when was this pledge taken?
3) Should I assume you indeed stick to it, or that the weird manner of writing it here has a second meaning...

As for other stuff.. GL everyone. Alea iacta est.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Just edited a couple of the possible roles to give more info. Also clarified which players will know each other from the start by changing "faction" to "nation".

AlexCheckMate
Virtuosity98

Question 1) Why write that 'sentence' in such a messed up fashion?
2) Where and when was this pledge taken?
3) Should I assume you indeed stick to it, or that the weird manner of writing it here has a second meaning...

As for other stuff.. GL everyone. Alea iacta est.

-Alex

LOL ^^ because every game someone always says "oh the host wouldn't have let [player X] be [role X], that would ______________ "
but it's randomly assigned. That's why I write it so weirdly :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
role pms coming soon and in a RANDOM order (so time stamps are not indicative of allegiance)
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Role PMs are out!!! Good luck to everyone!

The Game has started. It is now Day 1. If desired, vote for someone you wish to lynch using the format: LYNCH [player X]
Day 1 will end at 22:00 server time (countdown).

As always, please include me in any PMs you send to other players. I'd like to see the game as it progresses :)
Day Actions:

elysium5 wrote:
thAnKyoufORhoStIng!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jimi wrote:
Ok Guys, you want the hard or or the easy way?

Please Hitler, identify yourself or we will do something else.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Tennesseelogman wrote:
for a lynching to be successful - is a 50% or more vote required of the remaining players (currently 14) , a 50% + of players voting, or whoever has the most votes (say 3) vs 2 vs 2 vs 1 ?
Live long and prosper
Virtuosity98 wrote:
We lynch the most voted player, even if it is less than 50%. If No Lynch is the most popular vote then no-one is lynched. If the vote is a tie, then no-one is lynched.
Day Actions:

Tennesseelogman wrote:
i vote NO LYNCH for this first time since there is no real info out there and i would hate for somebody to die for no reason and not even get to play the game for 1 day.
Live long and prosper
Anaxagore wrote:
Tennesseelogman
i vote NO LYNCH for this first time since there is no real info out there and i would hate for somebody to die for no reason and not even get to play the game for 1 day.

We have more than 24 hours to start making strategies and exchange information so i wouldn't rush the no lynch.

Hoodlum wrote:
 i PrOmIsE tO hOnOuR mY pLeDgE tO hOnEsT uNbIaSeD rAnDoMnEsS  

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Sygmassacre wrote:
 No lynch is a bad idea. We learn nothing and mafia already know who isnt mafia. Worst case scenario we lynch a townie. Best case we lynch a mafia. Somewhere in the middle is a non lynching which narrows that person to Churchill, Stalin or Hitler. Whatever happens we have info to go off.

LYNCH alexcheckmate
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Hoodlum wrote:
LYNCH alexcheckmate

i don't wanna do a lot of reading.
Hoodlum wrote:
oh man, just trying to get through the theme, how do u come up with these themes virt? such creatitivy. i only speak the english language and i don't know many of the words you use lol. yeah..i'll keep my lynch on alex for now cause he will just make my brain explode even more.