In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 4 of 19
Virtuosity98 wrote:
15 minutes left.

Lynch tallies:
AlexCheckmate: 5 votes (Sygmassacre, Hoodlum, elysium5, dough_boy, huskers01)
No lynch: 4 votes (Tennesseelogman, Jimi, Bluegoetz, WMatar)
Hoodlum: 1 vote (AlexCheckMate)

Day 1 will end at 22:00 server time (countdown).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Any votes with a timestamp of 22:00 or later will be disregarded
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

AlexCheckMate wrote:
I suppose I must break my vow... simply because I shouldn't not even try to stay alive... for a tad longer... let's see whether it helps, or not (secret votes?). I still prefer a lynch over no lynch, as it gives info... but not if that lynch would be me :<

!Unlynch Hoodlum
!No lynch
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Day 1 is now over. Any votes cast after this post are invalid.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Day 1 is now over. The vote was a tie, and therefore the undecided verdict led to No Lynch.

Lynch tallies:
AlexCheckmate: 5 votes (Sygmassacre, Hoodlum, elysium5, dough_boy, huskers01)
No lynch: 5 votes (Tennesseelogman, Jimi, Bluegoetz, WMatar, AlexCheckMate)

Players abstaining: @Anaxagore, @Kyla, @Vicious, @CheekyTeeky

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 22:00 server time (countdown). If desired, submit your night actions to me via your Role PM.
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Something came to mind during the Day phase that I wanted to clarify, but I didn't do it immediately in case people tried to infer who it related to (if anyone) from the time I posted the clarification. Anyway, here it is:

Post#1
Citizen of Berlin – Allied with no-one. Each night, you may claim allegiance with the Third Reich, the Soviet Union, or the Western Allies. If you are targeted by a spy, you will appear to them as an ally of that faction. +2 Victory Points if you survive until endgame.
This role (if it exists) only claims allegiance with the Third Reich, the Soviet Union, or the Western Allies. It does not actually become allied to that group.

Also, all references to a player's allegiance refer to either the Third Reich, the Soviet Union, the Western Allies, or no-one (neutral).
Day Actions:

elysium5 wrote:
Last minute reprieve, eh Alex? I don't blame you for saving yourself. It would not make sense to fall on your sword for no reason but is it a good thing or a bad thing for the rest of us...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jimi wrote:
The Idea of an ambassador is not bad if we have trust and have some knowledge about others... Which we don't have right now... So if would be a better idea after the first death...

I regret now that I voted a no lynch...

Or a spy from any of the nations can help a bit...

I assume some spies already contacted their targets (if they were not mafia targets) which is highly unlikely that all of them detected the mafia... So at least one of them has a better view with that target.. So they can start from there..

They have whether started a new group of their own, or added the spy to the faction of the person he detected.

I believe it's the best solution to start small, and investigate more on the coming 2 rounds...

And if one of the spies detected the mafia, this can't be proven right now, but they can influence the public thread to believe what they have detected.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Kyla wrote:
I also slightly regret not lynching Alex but I do feel bad lynching people day 1 with no reason, it just feels a bit mean but since it's more likely he was town I don't mind but I do understand people not being happy with that :P
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I'm not surprised, but ofc somewhat bothered - hardly any communication in this thread during the night phase, I'll learn to live with it :p

Furthermore, I'm a bit sad that there are players who feel a slight regret for not lynching me. I can fully comprehend feeling sad for not having had a lynch - but why me? To add to that... why didn't you lych me/someone? People have been online and read the rules. The first day is very often a no-brainer. Even moreso if the one who's being proposed to get lynched doesn't say anything meaningful from which stuff can get deduced. Either you lynch this person, or someone (hoping they say something), or you don't (with the last option making the least sense?). You however should not look back at a failed day, if you could've done stuff to alter the outcome, to be more happy. Take responsibility.

IRT Elysium

You are right, it's not all 'typical' for me to not read stuff.. and once I posted that... and found my way to a toilet later on in a break, I must admit I did read the mechanics :x I can even say that this clarification V98 posted is because of me - without the clarification (or even...... alteration? :roll:), it might've lead to some different outcomes. So yeah, no worries - I've read enough :p

Then for everyone who voted for me, except Hoodlum - I'd like to hear why. A single line can suffice, but please give me something.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
Well, you already know why I voted for you specifically...you were already in the line of sites, we needed info and you weren't giving a good reason not to be that first target.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Anaxagore wrote:
The real talk is happening in private chats. Posts in the thread is just propaganda for the fools.
People who lynched you are simply not in your faction. And that's a sufficient reason.
But you already know that.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
2hrs until end of phase. Night actions received at 22:00 or later will be disregarded. Night 1 will end at 22:00 server time (countdown). If desired, submit your night actions to me via your Role PM.
Day Actions: