In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 6 of 19
Hoodlum wrote:
hmmm..

Virtuosity98 said:
02 Mar 2020, 09:21 pm
Night action received. You will receive feedback at the end of the Night phase. You may change your mind at any point before the deadline.

no feedback.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
If Hood is telling the truth, the russians only have 1 night kill left if all the roles are real.

Marshal Zhukov – Marshal of the Soviet Union, and allied with the Soviet Union. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +1 Victory Point if all allies of the Third Reich are killed. +1 Victory Point if an ally of the Soviet Union kills Hitler.
Marshal Konev – Marshal of the Soviet Union, and allied with the Soviet Union. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +1 Victory Point if all allies of the Third Reich are killed. +1 Victory Point if an ally of the Soviet Union kills Hitler.

If all allied roles are real, they have three night kills:

Dwight Eisenhower – Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, and allied with the Western Allies. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +2 Victory Points if all allies of the Third Reich are killed.
General Marshall – Chief of Staff of the US Army, and allied with the Western Allies. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +2 Victory Points if all allies of the Third Reich are killed.
General Patton – General of the US Army, and allied with the Western Allies. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +2 Victory Points if all allies of the Third Reich are killed.

Anax could have been targeted by the mafia as well and that is why there was no other kill- unless there is a save ability no one knows about (or very few know about).

Also, if Hood is telling the truth, the allied may have potentially also targeted Anax and wasted one of their kills in a double, or even triple kill if all three were involved.

To throw in one last thing to think about, Anax and I also discussed the less likely but not out of the realm of possibility that the mafia are collectively faking a whole group and not playing at being spies or berliners.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
The British have 2 kills too. They are part of the western allies. But this also makes me think about ely's idea that the mafia are claiming one faction and that those are the roles that arent in the game. Which is to say they could claim to be the russian, american or british. They would just have to find out which one isnt in the game
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Sygmassacre wrote:
dough_boy
I say it is Lynching Time!
Im gonna stick with my initial lynch
#LYNCH AlexCheckMate
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Hoodlum wrote:
i suppose it's best for me to be the soviet ambassador of the soviet team.i can't kill again so maybe i will be spared from getting night killed, mafia would rather shoot a shooter or the unlynchable leader. the mafia won't claim to be the soviet team.

Kyla wrote:
OK Hood, seems legit. Doubt anyone will challenge that. @hood, who should be lynch? I don't want to abstain again

Cheeky signing up without logging on, impressive ^^
Jimi wrote:
I suppose cheeky is not playing, and she might have a sensitive role.. So why don't we Lynch her.. And saving a bullet?

Lynch cheeky

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
elysium5 wrote:
Before the lynching gets convoluted and before I am accused of fake bandwagoning, I AM going to bandwagon and I am declaring that I will go with the most popular lynch no matter what.

I will also say that it has taken absolutely forever for someone to suggest lynching cheeky...something that with players like these should have happened right away.

Not saying wee should or not but I am saying why has it taken this long?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Kyla wrote:
OK I'm off to sleep now lol, if someone makes a good (and fairly short enough explanation that I can read tomorrow morning) I could change my mind ;)

But for now, I'll keep my vote as is
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
Night 1 has ended. Please await feedback for any night actions that you submitted.

During the night, it was reported that a Spy was found dead in a Soviet army base. They were able to confirm that he was not Russian, but since he spoke German, English and French impeccably it was impossible to know from which country he originated.
Anaxagore was killed. He was either a German, British, American, or French Spy.

It is now Day 2. If desired, vote for someone you wish to lynch using the format: LYNCH [player X]
Day 2 will end at 22:00 server time (countdown).

I wonder... why would we know he's not the Russian spy? How would they know which languages he spoke, he was found dead? Creative freedom?

@Hoodlum - I'd like to hear your reasoning for why you eliminated Anaxagore straight away?

If my knowledge of the community is correct..... syg & cheeky are a couple in real life? If so... I'd kinda expect syg to just give cheeky a cheeky nudge sometime during the day 'hey, there's this new mafia game which went live - you're in too. I suggest you login and do smth ;)' ..... considering this hasn't happened AND that he's not made any remarks about her (lynch, role, whatever...), I assume he has reason to think she's no liability to him whatsoever, however, that she's also not part of his group, as then he would've surely nudged her. With all that in mind and with his renewed lynch on me, without further explanation, although I requested it.

!Lynch Cheekyteeky

@doughboy
I'm not asking for all possible reasons, there's even more than the 3 you listed. I'm asking why you did what you did. Why does it seem to be an issue for you to answer this?

@ely

Not quite sure why you mention you'll follow the lynch on whoever has most lynch votes... (includes if it's you? :p) AND, is this a "legal lynch" in the eyes of V98? (as in... is your lynch currently accepted? - or will he need for you to actually write down a name before the deadline?). Maybe you're a spy and therefore don't have to worry about taking out a teammate?

As for my take on the game... I actually do expect all towngroups to exist - chats for US/Brit/Sov. That said, I also expect these groups to just harbour 2-3 people (and a possible hidden spy); therewith, I do not expect all the possible kills to be present in the game (would potentially get very bloody xD)

With all that has been said so far in this thread, I'm even more surprised that Anax is now 6 feet under. As a spy (or berliner, as that was also an assumption), he's ofc a liability for everyone, yet one which could turn in your favour - why already take him out, as opposed to try and 'wield' him (I'm not saying that would be easy, it probably wouldn't)?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
@Hoodlum - I'd like to hear your reasoning for why you eliminated Anaxagore straight away?

fair enough question. please keep asking questions that won't annoy me from obviousness. short and sweet too.

i'm trigger happy mostly. if he was hitler, i'd rather not give him extra time to find the third reich. earlier the better.

@Alex. what faction are you with?