In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 18 of 19
Anaxagore wrote:
Thanks for organising Virt.
I loved the concept of the different town group chats.
But it was too hard for mafia i believe. I am not sure it's a number problem. 4 or 5 would not have changed a lot, but rather better power (like a permanent healer) or info about the fake berliners.

My big mistake: Claiming not to be in a group. I should have rather wait and see, even though that meant not getting any info.
I believed things were gona go faster, that townies would exchange their names fast.. so some of my mates would have to claim spy/berlin citizens, or try to fake a nation, or anything to postpone town cooperation.
I was a bit shocked to see I was the only one with Tenesse and Vicious claiming not to be in a chat. At least i knew the two other spies. If i had survive i would have tried to infiltrate another's team after finding who the fake spy is, but i had another destiny.

My team criticism: Waiting to claim is ok, but once townies talked to each others you should have know that was the end.
Letting Cheeky die (WMatar told me it's a jetlag mistake) and the killing targets were also questionnable.
Spies were free hidding spots, better kill confirmed townied, moreover if they dare to claim their name in the thread.
However I don't blame Kyla for shooting me. You couldn't know and I was doomed anyway. I was actually really close to posting i'm nazi in the thread (to avoid being shot), but i knew other spies would then investigate me.

GG townies!
and very Nice shot Jimi ;)
I believe the game was kind of over after this audacious move.

Anaxagore wrote:
I also made the mistake of letting Alex survive day 1.
I thought he could be on my team so i didn't wanna risk it.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum
oh. virt..so did i still have a kill left?
No - you and the mafia both killed anax, so the kills both happened technically. The only was to keep your kill is in a standoff, like Huskers on the last night.
V98 to huskers
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 22:44
You were involved in a standoff with your targeted kill. Both you and your target decided to save your kill for a later night.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
Thanks for organising Virt.
I loved the concept of the different town group chats.
But it was too hard for mafia i believe. I am not sure it's a number problem. 4 or 5 would not have changed a lot, but rather better power (like a permanent healer) or info about the fake berliners.

My big mistake: Claiming not to be in a group. I should have rather wait and see, even though that meant not getting any info.
I believed things were gona go faster, that townies would exchange their names fast.. so some of my mates would have to claim spy/berlin citizens, or try to fake a nation, or anything to postpone town cooperation.
I was a bit shocked to see I was the only one with Tenesse and Vicious claiming not to be in a chat. At least i knew the two other spies. If i had survive i would have tried to infiltrate another's team after finding who the fake spy is, but i had another destiny.

My team criticism: Waiting to claim is ok, but once townies talked to each others you should have know that was the end.
Letting Cheeky die (WMatar told me it's a jetlag mistake) and the killing targets were also questionnable.
Spies were free hidding spots, better kill confirmed townied, moreover if they dare to claim their name in the thread.
However I don't blame Kyla for shooting me. You couldn't know and I was doomed anyway. I was actually really close to posting i'm nazi in the thread (to avoid being shot), but i knew other spies would then investigate me.

GG townies!
and very Nice shot Jimi ;)
I believe the game was kind of over after this audacious move.

German spy was arguably the hardest role in the game. Really he had to lie low until he inspected a mafia friend, then join their group chat (I kind of wanted the British or Russian spy to convince the mafia they were the german spy, that would have been AMAZING :):)). You played well but were a little too public too soon in my opinion.

I think the mafia would have benefitted from the following changes:
  • If an army leader kills another army leader, they gain that leader's night kill (would encourage more Western-Soviet betrayals, and crucially, leaders would be far more scared to claim so communication would remain very limited.
  • The mafia could have been provided with the available spy nationalities to claim, in this game US and French (would give them more cover at least for a round or two
Other than that I think mafia had it alright because of their high numbers. If there had been an mislynch day 1 then it would have been 7 townies vs 5 mafia during Day 2, which is already nearly catastrophic for town. Mafia were simply unlucky.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
Virtuosity98
You played well but were a little too public too soon in my opinion.

I know. i was betting mafia would not risk shooting a berliner/german spy while Hood would keep his bullet preciously.
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I would have had problems being too quiet too but we'll never know.
Sygmassacre wrote:
I'd like to thank alex and jimi for getting my win condition sewn up.
Shot bois!!
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
elysium5 wrote:
It was awesome, Virt! No complaints here.

And apologies to Hood. He might not trust me again, though:(

Also, Hood, your map/diagram was awesome!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Kyla wrote:
@Anax, I think what pushed me to kill you was your idea of ambassadors for factions, seemed like you were trying to unite the town and clear people so didnt think you were German but thought you were likely a spy and didnt want to deal with that

many regrets on my end ^^

but deserved MVP to elysium! and thanks Virt!
Tennesseelogman wrote:
syg made a bold move publicly declaring himself to be bristish and allowing me (bristish spy) to contact him. but it was too late. i got killed before i could supply any useful info.
gg all
thanks Virt
Live long and prosper
Vicious wrote:
Gg all i enjoyed it thx v98 your hosting skills are awesume keep them comming!!
AlexCheckMate wrote:
gg, nice game. thx for hosting.
my interaction with the host was also very pleasurable in this particular game, ghehe

small example of smth rly cool:

US Military Chat
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 18:35
[...]
Bluegoetz said:
06 Mar 2020, 18:43
That checks out. Seems an odd set up on roles, but better than I would have done I suppose.
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 18:44
careful now - V98 reads this. You are losing pts towards MVP when you say he did a bad job with the roles

hihi :roll:
Bluegoetz said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:28
He probably has good reason to do what he did. I’m just sitting here being a Monday morning quarterback lol. Do we need to private message him with shots or just do here in couple hours?
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:31
what's an MMQ?

i guess either is fine
i guess 1 shot rly has to be dough_boy.... the 2nd i doubt a bit.... i'm starting to get inclined that vicious is spy.... that leaves huskers as russian.... so then we'd have to coin flip whether we think hoody did a distraction and is stalin, or that huskers is?

i personally dont think hoody did a distract and therefore i do not think he's stalin
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:45
Bluegoetz
Bluegoetz said:
06 Mar 2020, 18:43
Seems an odd set up on roles
Ahh, and you, with your finite perspective riddled with uncertainty and doubt, would presume to challenge my careful and calculated judgement, deliberately and specifically selected after meticulous simulations and projections. You! With your incomplete knowledge and fragmented vision would deign to criticise the omniscient being who created you and all others with whom you do now quip, quarrel and question. You!!! *evil and superior laugh* I pronounce thee guilty of gross hubris, superbia, and treason against your Host.

Thou, Bluegoetz, art hereby sentenced to being Modkilled. gg
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:46
Spoiler (click to show)
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:47
you are an asshole V98
lol
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:48
Sorry, I don't know what came over me :blush:
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:49
gotta love hybris

did you write all of it yourself? or is some copypasted from some "posh" talking website?
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:50
haha no it was all me :)
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:52
you're a skilled writer
large and complex vocabulary
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:53
AlexCheckMate
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:52
you're a skilled writer
large and complex vocabulary
Me: I won't fall for that flagrant flattery |)
Also me: *aaand the MVP award hereby goes to.... AlexCheckMate! :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:54
hahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bluegoetz said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:56
Lol I am destroyed.
A Monday morning quarterback is an expression or insult to people who second guess leadership after the fact.
So football played on Sunday and quarterback leads team best they can then complainers say in Monday they should have done it differently
AlexCheckMate said:
06 Mar 2020, 19:59
ah, i'd be perfect for that job too

call me Captain Hindsight

I don't quite understand why my partner had a -1 VP condition - noone else had one?
Why did Zhukov/Konev gain an extra elimination if they took the other out? Is this smth "historically correct" during the Russian times? Also +1 for taking out Hitler PERSONALLY?

@hoodlum - please provide your diagram/thing you made =d I've heard much about it, but had 0 peeks :<

I think just about everyone had the idea that WM was an evil when he tried to lynch me instead of cheeky - but very good idea of Jimi to shoot him (suspect of godfather even? or just a good possible maffia target?) - lynching would've been hard. - because my & blue's VPs didn't care about specific shizzle against the nazi's, I figured it'd be best if we kept our shot saved, in case we'd end up having a shot at maybe securing that 3rd VP (taking out Stalin - internal warfare). there were a few times that I wanted to use my shot early on, just to get myself 'open' , as I was being pressured from the start of the game of getting lynched xD - lucky indeed that Anax didn't bother to lynchvote me first day - that would've likely led to a completely different game.
I didn't think/consider that Churchchill had the same 3rd VP as me - outlasting Stalin. I didn't PM much with syg at all - I guess if I had talked more with him, we would've found out of each other, but considering they had no shot left, it wouldn't have mattered.

@V98s Gen/Field marshall Montgomery mistake.... yes... that also could've been a major thing. I was on the verge of outing it and/or just nightkilling syg - this was just very odd.

With what info did every role start? With how many contacts? Would love to know the exact details.
I geuss the setup of 5 (4+1) vs 9 (4 (3+1) + 3 (2+1) + 2) was pretty good - the unused CoB roles were a nice decoy (you still owe me a proper explanation how you figured they'd possibly do smth in the game - did you draw up a 3rd VP for them too? or as you didn't use them, didnt bother?)

Bluegoetz
I'd like to thank alex for doing all the work on our team lol.

It was an honour to serve beside you. It was a team effort all along.

Did anyone notice the Easter eggs I hid in the thread? As I was scared I would die from a lynch, I made sure I would pass on information that would clear Bluegoetz - he could call upon it at a given time to claim US alliance, if needed/useful => shouldn't get lynched.

There's probably more to say/come, but this'll do for now =d rough weekend!

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
something simple, but easier for me to follow :) - last image update
Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman