In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 17 of 19
Hoodlum wrote:
nice play ely..excellent.

ely convinced me he was town. he said he had a save and will use it where i asked. i belived everyones role was already account for. i asked him to save dough, while i make dough look suspicious and other factions would waste their kill. It was a numbers game i thought, so we killed bluegoetz, therefore the soviet would dominate with the help of elys promised lynch vote.
the plan was a go ahead, but dough died..no save. and our spy came through.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
Vicious said:
07 Mar 2020, 12:26 am
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 22:45
elysium5 is allied with the Third Reich.

LOL
I had 7 pm's - didn't see this forum post till now xD
well.... I guess that kinda fits with my thoughts. Bye Ely.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Hoodlum
Vicious said:
07 Mar 2020, 12:26 am
Virtuosity98 said:
06 Mar 2020, 22:45
elysium5 is allied with the Third Reich.

LOL
I had 7 pm's - didn't see this forum post till now xD
well.... I guess that kinda fits with my thoughts. Bye Ely.

6h+ further. 0 new inbox/posts in thread.
Expected something else, I guess :3 - good thing I was gone cycling anyway
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Jimi wrote:
Nothing to be done

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Ready to see

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Day is over.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
ENDGAME

elysium5 was lynched. He was Martin Bormann, Reichsleiter and 2nd in command, and allied with the Third Reich.
Role PM (click to show)

And so it happened that on that fateful evening, not only did the sun set upon the lonely, lifeless body of elysium5, but also upon the tattered City of Berlin, upon the Third Reich's momentous expansion and fall, and upon the most destructive conflict humanity had ever known... Considering the grand significance of the occasion, the sunset was a rather dull, sombre blend of crimson and grey. Sombre indeed, for the Third Reich had indeed fallen, and from the ashes of untold destruction Europe and the world would rise together, resolute in its conviction to never allow such atrocities ever to occur again.

Etched irrevocably into the annals of history were the names of certain heroes and villains, double-crossers and double-bluffers, characters whose actions left distinct footprints in the sands of time:

Martin Bormann (elysium5) - indomitable in life; ignominious in death - will always be remembered for his tenacity and dogged deception, infiltrating enemy lines and fighting tooth and nail to save his Fuhrer and Reich from the overwhelming enemies that surrounded them. In a campaign that capitulated in the face of bad luck, he was the mafia MVP.

General Montgomery (Jimi), whose unquenchable thirst for glory led him to settle for nothing less than taking Berlin himself and claiming the prestige of felling the Third Reich's capital and leader, secured his place at the top of the pile of Allied war heroes, and lived the remainder of his days idolised and respected as the Greatest General of WW2.

Winston Churchill (Sygmassacre), watching from afar, was remembered as Britain's greatest Prime Minister. He achieved all of his aims in defeating the Third Reich and prying Eastern Europe from the eager and cunning hands of Joseph Stalin.

The american General Dwight Eisenhower (AlexCheckMate) was soon elected as President of the United States, having contributed immeasurably to the Allied war effort, and also protected Berlin from the clutches of Communist Russia.

And finally, amongst the hundreds of tales of espionage and stealth that survive from the war, perhaps greatest of all Spies was a certain Russian Spy by the codename of Vicious, whose carefully extracted inside information led to the downfall of the Third Reich. Having lived to tell these tales herself, she was more than grateful to return to her life in Russia where she remained shrouded in humble glory for years to come.

Final Victory Points:
WMatar (Adolf Hitler) – 0
Kyla (Ernst Kaltenbrunner) – 0
Elysium5 (Martin Bormann) – 0
CheekyTeeky (General Weilding) – 0
Anaxagore (German Spy) – 0
dough_boy (Joseph Stalin) – 1
huskers01 (Marshal Zhukov) – 1
Hoodlum (Marshal Konev) – 1
Vicious (Russian Spy) – 3
AlexCheckMate (Dwight Eisenhower) – 3
Bluegoetz (General Marshall) – 2
Sygmassacre (Winston Churchill) – 3
Jimi (General Montgomery) – 3

Tennesseelogman (British Spy) – 2

Therefore the victors are: Vicious, AlexCheckMate, Sygmassacre and Jimi!

gg all! More comments on their way :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Full Role PMs (click to show)

Chronology (click to show)
Day Actions:

Jimi wrote:
Gg all... Thanks virt, it was fun

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Honourable mentions (click to show)

Comments on balance:
5 mafia vs 9 town. Early events did unbalance the game against the mafia, however I believe 5 vs 9 was fair given the amount of information the town had to work with.
5 night kills for townies probably seems like a lot, but I was hoping tensions between military leaders might cause shots to be misfired more often. Honestly anyone could have been killed, you should have seen the names being thrown around in the PMs ^^
Some players might feel as if their win clauses were more difficult than others. Possibly, but usually the harder win clauses (Russians) had larger faction numbers. US was probably the easiest but they didn't have a spy to feed them intel, and they didn't have an unlynchable leader. Spies could win in a wider variety of scenarios, but without a group chat to cling to, they were highly susceptible to night kills. I feel like it was pretty balanced.

Comments on hosting:
I really enjoyed hosting this! At times it really felt like deeply suspicious military leaders trying to co-operate to defeat a common enemy, and at other times it felt like them trying to out-manouvre each other and betray their alliances. It was great! Also the spies really felt like undercover agents in their chats. It was very entertaining!

I did make the silly copy and paste error on General Montgomery's role PM (according to Post #1 it should have been Field Marshal Montgomery). I'm very glad this didn't spiral out of control :>

If anyone has any feedback on the game I'm absolutely open to constructive criticism :) I'd love to hear what you liked/didn't like.
Day Actions:

Hoodlum wrote:
Anaxagore - . even your own faction shot you lol. lay low or act like u don't know :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman