In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 10 of 19
Jimi wrote:
I totally agree with your suggestions alex..

Usually, (not always), mafia players don't initiate a private chat... So they tend to be silent and get others to fight around (it's not always the case) but this is the humans tendency to cover the shame :)

So i might exclude huskers and kyla from being mafia, at least at the moment.. And i would vote for MW

He looks fishy and fresh to me. Like new player trying to hide something but in an obvious way.

Doughboy is an experienced player, he won't be that obvious to help cheeky... So I guess i would clear him too at the moment at least.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Jimi is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Virtuosity98 said:
29 Feb 2020, 18:01
Sygmassacre: You are General Alexander – Field Marshal in the British Army, and allied with the Western Allies. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +1 Victory Point if all allies of the Third Reich are killed. +1 Victory Point if an ally of the Western Allies kills Hitler.

I will be shooting ely tonight. His penchant for just going with the majority smacks of mafia going along to get along. Usually i would see an inexperienced player doing this as mafia but i think ely knows we wouldnt suspect him of being so careless. Its the perfect double bluff. His latest vote also seems to clear him of being mafia since he chose to vote cheeky, but knowing she was inactive has given him even better cover since she was useless to the mafia anyway.

So why am i claiming and telling you my intentions?
1. So you know who killed him during the night
2. So the british spy can contact me. Mr. Churchill wants an audience
3. Because the mafia doc was lynched so he cant be saved by her
4. So you know i no longer have a night kill and therefore am less likely to get lynched
5. So if ely is a mafia gun he will have to shoot me to cancel each other out, therefore stopping him from killing anyone else. Even if he isnt the gun my shot is going through regardless

So can the british spy contact me before the night ends so we can get to work
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
AlexCheckMate wrote:
it would please me if there was some more input in this thread :D

@jimi
yeah WMater is kinda new, but feel free to check the last game he played (you were in there too) - he's surely not a subpar player ;) don't expect any newbie moves from him. whatever might look like a mistake, is probably just more complicated and devious in some way^^

@syg
sorry for going so hard on you - i simply couldn't imagine the scenario of a husband being inable to activate his wife - i made a mistake.
now that you come out to be general alexander (and noone going against it) AND mentioning who you're going to snipe this night, i guess you really are that one.
i'm not sure though whether i think you should really aim at elysium...

if you still think i'm maffia, you should not think elysium is - right? as elysium did almost get me lynched on the first day (he couldve easily sided with the no lynchers)
are you in contact with hoodlum? he's the claimed killer for the russians (with noone going against it) - i wouldnt mind if he gave you a target

what are we thinking about spytargets? (is the town in contact with allied spies?)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
So you are going to shoot me, syg? Waste of a bullet. I will say that I am not a Nazi and my death will not help you.

I wanted a lynch the first round for info and didn't get it.

People saying a lynch vote is wasted by going after an inactive? Garbage, I say.

Hood claimed the kill the first night and that was the only kill meaning there was a freak chance that mafia targeted the same player as Hood or there was no mafia kill.

No mafia kill likely means the player in charge of pulling the nazi trigger didn't for some reason...INACTIVE MAYBE? A good reason to lynch, knowing there is a good chance to get rid of a probably nazi? Don't tell me nobody else suspected cheeky as an inactive nazi and everyone other than nazi's should want them wiped out as soon as possible whether inactive or not.

Everyone's win clause seems to include all the third reich left need to be dead, except the third reich, that is, so why would I want to reduce the my own numbers if I was mafia? It would have been rather easy to shift the vote away from cheeky the waqy everyone was voting but whatever. There isn't much I can do to stop you other than arguing;(

I guess if nothing happens after night is over then I am a nazi, like you say, and ours kills will cancel each other out and everyone can lynch me tomorrow...except that I can't kill you so I will be dead and you will not be and you will still need to find the nazi's and will have wasted a bullet on me.

Anyway, I gotta go for the day and it looks like I'll be dead so good luck to the rest of you!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
CheekyTeeky was lynched. She was General Weilding, Commander of the Berlin Defence Area, and allied with the Third Reich.
CheekyTeeky: You are General Weilding – Commander of the Berlin Defence Area, and allied with the Third Reich. Once during the game, you may protect one player during the night. If that player would be killed, you die instead. +2 Victory Points if all enemies of the Third Reich are killed.

Lynch tallies:
CheekyTeeky: 6 votes (Jimi, Kyla, Vicious, elysium5, Tennesseelogman, AlexCheckMate)
AlexCheckmate: 5 votes (Sygmassacre, Hoodlum, dough_boy, Huskers01, WMatar)

I don't quite understand this role.... this role would have to guess, ONCE, who it wants to protect? And if it is SUCCESFUL, it dies INSTEAD?
If it works....... town will be like.... wtf....... i went to kill X... now Y dies? And then they read the role of Y and figure.... ok... cool.... let's kill X in the lynch... if it fails, assume he's hitler => nightkill him again? (We've got a shitload of nightkills anyway)
Anyway... xD - Too early.

Should this also imply that the nazi's just have singular abilities? Not a standard night kill, if they want to? I dunno... I'm about to think that the maffia are underpowered :D
Someone should tell me what I'm missing ;) There has to be an error in my train of thought? =)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Sygmassacre
Virtuosity98 said:
29 Feb 2020, 18:01
Sygmassacre: You are General Alexander – Field Marshal in the British Army, and allied with the Western Allies. Once during the game, you may kill one player during the night. +1 Victory Point if all allies of the Third Reich are killed. +1 Victory Point if an ally of the Western Allies kills Hitler.

I will be shooting ely tonight. His penchant for just going with the majority smacks of mafia going along to get along. Usually i would see an inexperienced player doing this as mafia but i think ely knows we wouldnt suspect him of being so careless. Its the perfect double bluff. His latest vote also seems to clear him of being mafia since he chose to vote cheeky, but knowing she was inactive has given him even better cover since she was useless to the mafia anyway.

So why am i claiming and telling you my intentions?
1. So you know who killed him during the night
2. So the british spy can contact me. Mr. Churchill wants an audience
3. Because the mafia doc was lynched so he cant be saved by her
4. So you know i no longer have a night kill and therefore am less likely to get lynched
5. So if ely is a mafia gun he will have to shoot me to cancel each other out, therefore stopping him from killing anyone else. Even if he isnt the gun my shot is going through regardless

So can the british spy contact me before the night ends so we can get to work

You are online. I request your attention in this thread:

if you still think i'm maffia, you should not think elysium is - right? as elysium did almost get me lynched on the first day (he couldve easily sided with the no lynchers)
are you in contact with hoodlum? he's the claimed killer for the russians (with noone going against it) - i wouldnt mind if he gave you a target

So... what's your thoughts? :x
also, my previous picture once more - in case someone wants to respond on it:
AlexThoughts (click to show)
because I think it helps if we communicate more - for instance here - syg.... talk with tennessee? he can help find a good snipe target (if we as a towngroup agree to not go for ely?)

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
what do you mean, like me?
i'm an example of a good snipe target? or of someone talking more? or.......?

i think you could ask tennessee, because it must be rather good odds that he isn't maffia. he went minutes before the timer to lynch cheeky (instead of me) - without his interference (or him lynching me), he could've kept cheeky alive. i'm not saying he's well connected/has a lot of info - but he does seem like a good call to not be maffia ;d

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
1hr remaining.

Night 2 will end at 22:00 server time (countdown). If desired, submit your night actions to me via your Role PM.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

WMatar wrote:
@syg
Your public announcement is strategically not good for the alliance and not good for britain.

Let's say there are 3 nazis, 2 british + 1 spy , 2 americans + 1 spy, 2 russians + 1 spy, 2 berlin citizens.
In that configuration i think there is a maximum of 6 bullets for the alliance. 5 if hoody alredy used one.
And the nazis are reduced to 2.

If you are absolutely sure that ely is nazi and if your public reasoning convinced others that ely is nazi, this will happen:
There is a 50% that ely is hitler.
Since each nation wants to get hitler, they can't afford to let you shoot ely exclusively. They will have to shoot him with you so they can share the winning point with you in case ely is hitler.
This will leave the western alliance with almost no bullets and the russians with no bullets (and they can't afford that neither).

You have just started an intra war between the allies.
Now imagine that ely isn't nazi and / or there are 4 nazis instead of three (not impossible). Do you see the catastrophe?

From my perspective in this game i don't have many infos. I will share the infos i know and about me in day 3.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Or you could share them now to stop the carnage. And whats with the just before deadline actions? Mafia tricks usually
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Sygmassacre
@ely feel free to claim to me

Hasn't been on since... so guess that's no luck....
as for me, i'll just claim to be part of opposition for the third reich (although I've got heavenly blue eyes and gorgeous blonde hair :o)

― Albert Einstein