The Game Thread
  • 446 posts
  • Page 30 of 30
AlexCheckMate wrote:
What a game! Thanks everyone involved and of course our magnificent host with his marvelous stories.

I thought I'd win solo (with the dead village), taking out the last gremlin/mafia; apparently he was able to infect me simultaneously :x

More comments later :)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Madagascarter wrote:
Thanks for the game! This is definitely the best I've ever done as mafia. I loved inflitrating the village. That was the most hilarious thing being a part of several groups and in each one people saying, I'm pretty sure mafia hasn't infiltrated this. And then right at the end when I had to convince Alex to lynch Rheisel. That was great.

The only question I have was, how could Alex die? His Role seemed very over powered. He was? Inspector, vigilante, self doctor and lynch shield all in one? I tried to kill him and failed
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
elysium5 wrote:
I will post the role PM's shortly so you could see how Alex could die. Honestly, Alex, with the extra lives, was almost perfect against mafia with the first two shots and with the extra introduction of the gremlins being the real threat to both village and mafia. Everyone played so well...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i think alex had 4 lives. so if mafia tried once to kill him and he was lynched once = he could have withstood 1 more attempt and then been vulnerable. but after 2 attempts by either the lynch mob or the mafia - it would have seemed futile.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
elysium5 wrote:
Everyone's Role PM's

Virtuosity98
You are Blitzen. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

You can Lynch once each day phase.

You have no night abilities.

AlexCheckMate
You are John McClane. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

You can shoot someone once per night phase. You only shoot bad guys. If your target is Village, you will miss the shot.

You are one tough cowboy, though. You can survive 3 attempts on your life. Yippee Ki Yay!

Anaxagore
You are The Grinch. You are Neutral. You have a small heart and you want everyone's Christmas to be ruined. Everyone. You win if you are the last player in the game.

You can Distract a player once each night phase.

Madagascarter
You are Prancer. You are the head of the Mafia. You win if the Mafia wins.

You can run over one player each night to kill them. You did run over grandma so you know how to get it done right.

You have the final say in who the Mafia will run over each night phase.

and later

You are now Mohawk, the reincarnation of Stripe, a fearsome Gremlin who will stop at nothing to kill them all. You win if the last remaining faction is Gremlin.

You can choose one of three options each night; to kill a player, to distract a player or to spawn another gremlin by choosing to convert another player..

Mdhaglund
You are Buddy the Elf. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

You don't sleep much, probably drank too much of the World's Best Coffee. While up during the night phase, you can distract one player.

and later

You are now Stripe, a fearsome Gremlin who will stop at nothing to kill them all. You win if the last remaining faction is Gremlin.

You can choose one of three options each night; to kill a player, to distract a player or to spawn another gremlin by choosing to convert another player..

Hoodlum
You are The Elf on the Shelf. You are Mafia. You are the Spy. You win if the Mafia wins.

Your creepy night time habits allow you to discover the role PM of the player you spy on once each night phase.

If the head of the Mafia dies, you will have the final say on who the Mafia will try to run over each night phase.

Cinco-DeMaio
You are Comet. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

Rockbert
You are Dasher. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

You are the fastest reindeer and you can save one player each night phase by running to get help. Unfortunately, you can not save yourself.

Drax
You are Rudolf. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

Your bright red nose helps you see at night and you discover the role PM of the player you spy on once each night phase.

rheisel
You are Cupid. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

Ready4war
You are Dancer. You are Mafia. You win if the Mafia wins.

You wanted to be much more than just a sleigh puller and you use your impressive skills to distract one player each night phase.

If the other two Mafia dies, you will have the final say on who you will try to run over each night phase.

Tennesseelogman
You are Gizmo. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

You have no night abilities but you better make sure you stay away from bright lights, do not get wet and for Christmas sake, do not eat after midnight or bad things might happen...

and later

You were lynched. They do not understand what terrors will be released in the night.

You only have one more way to influence the game. You were a villager but now you are dead and your only legacy will be your species surviving so choose one player to convert to your legacy gremlin nation. That player becomes Stripe and can choose one of three options each night. To kill, to distract or to spawn another gremlin.

You have the night to decide who and make a good choice because your win clause will lie with the Mogwai

Bluegoetz
You are Vixen. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

2ofclubs
You are Donner. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

Vicious
You are Cindy Lou Who. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

The Grinch can cause havoc and chaos but you believe The Grinch can change. You can look for him once each night by targeting a player and if you find him, you will be able to give him the gift of Christmas spirit and he will align himself with the villagers. You will not be able to tell anything about any player you target. Your only wish is to help the Grinch find his good MoJo.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
AlexCheckMate wrote:
When I first read my role, I thought it was a mistake; I appeared so unkillable =D

With Anax (jokingly?) outing himself as neutral, it felt like an easy start for me, as my role didn't shoot villagers... so hardly any risk in just going for him. If he turned out good (= not die), I'd know and could communicate with him, if he got his brains emptied on a nearby wall, all good too.

Then TLM outed Hoodlum & V98 as killers; I took Hoodlum down and wanted to continue with V98.... that gave me a huge load of unexpected opposition oO
People snowballed into thinking I'm a strange neutral...

I was unable to see this as genuine thoughts; therefore dove in deeper with the idea of a recruiting faction...

Turned out that at that point in time though, there was no such 3rd faction yet and we were all just very confused with the game.

TLM outed himself as Gizmo to me; I went to shoot him (knowing the movie and seeing how elysium also gave me a badass movie character), but apparently he wasnt bad yet... strange role... no such thing as light/water/food to alter him? But to get lynched? Once lynched, this Gremlin faction was severely overpowered (as was my role).

I'm no fan of overpowered roles; they generally take away fun for others and hold too much responsibility themselves to keep the game going in it's intended direction.
For this game however, it worked out quite well. People remained involved, probably because TLM created this trust circle (something I'm a fan of, when conducted correctly, which I don't think it was this time... trust was given simply on giving a reindeer name... kinda... and with knowledge about changing factions...), and the game never became stale.

I'm also not a big fan of recruiting factions, as they're overpowered by default... kinda almost always... but once again, this seemed to work out pretty ok in this instance.

As for my last day.... I figured that it didn't really matter what I would do. Lynch would be correct or not; I'd survive a night kill attempt on me and then just vanquish the other; whether I'd be turned or not would be of no real concern (not turned; a larger faction (village) would win - more to split the win with; yet also remain in my original faction). And I figured it was fair to assume rheisel was Gremlin, as I actually thought he had shown some brainpower here and there and then he should therefore easily conclude I can't be the baddie, so him immediately following the lynch by Madagascarter on me was just too much...

Anyone else sharing their story?

PS - huge fan of this 'Land of the death; aka Inside the snowglobe'
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
There were more than one way to turn Gizmo into a Gremlin, it just never happened. And yes, you had a very powerful role but that was meant to give a fighting chance against both the Gremlins and the mafia.

You almost won as village at the end because at first, Mada was going to try and kill you instead of convert you. That was a crucial decision for him in winning or losing.

Also, the recruiting would have been much more limited than what it looks like it would have been based on the endgame. After Gizmo became the leader, Stripe, recruited minions would not be able to recruit themselves, just cause mischief, not kill, in the night and would have had no ability to lynch.

If Gizmo was killed during the night only in a corresponding simultaneous action as happened, he would/did pass on his legacy to the 'next' gremlin leader. That would have been the one and only replacement. If that gremlin then died, the rest would have gotten themselves 'killed' in some very elaborate ways like the movies. I didn't get to use any of those fun stories:(
Hoodlum wrote:
im gonna need an invincible role like alex to be able to enjoy these again :)
suppose i should host one
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
PS - huge fan of this 'Land of the death; aka Inside the snowglobe'

I'm glad you liked this added feature. I thought it would be a good way for a behind the scenes discussion and helping new players learn as well as keeping (most) everyone involved to the end.