The Game Thread
  • 446 posts
  • Page 29 of 30
Madagascarter wrote:
Hood had mafia inspector
R4W had mafia distractor.

We have to assume mafia leader has an ability

Is it double vote or protection from inspection (maybe distraction as well)?

A mafia power looks a lot more like the second
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Ryomyr wrote:
I think your only hope was to persuade me that Alex was mafia @Madagascarter. That hope deteriorated after some consideration of what happened last night. 

I will say, however it goes tonight, that you played a masterful game, Mada.

I will check the forum again in about 5 hours to see if Alex has decided.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
!Lynch rheisel
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Ryomyr wrote:
Bummer. 

I tried, village. Not sure what is happening here.
Ryomyr wrote:
#Lynch Madagascarter

I will be back in 3hrs to make the case for the village. :(

elysium5 wrote:
About 2 hours left!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
Day is over. Announcements will go out soon.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
Final tally:

Madagascarter 1 vote rheisel
rheisel 2 votes Madagascarter, AlexCheckMate

rheisel has been lynched. No love for:
You are Cupid. You are a Villager. You win if the Village wins.

You can Lynch once each day phase.

You have no night abilities.

Night 7 has begun and will end at 11:59 PM tonight.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Oh geez, lol
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Madagascarter wrote:
If we've both taken our actions can we speed this up. There will be no more Day phases
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
elysium5 wrote:
Announcements will be going out shortly.
elysium5 wrote:
AlexCheckMate spends the night stalking the last remaining enemy. Madagascarter knows that he will die. The only question that remains is will he be the last of his kind or will he die passing on his legacy.

There is no one to witness the great fight in the not so silent night.

AlexCheckMate does what is needed and finds his last opponent. He finds Madagascarter in The Staggering Antler, lurking behind the bar, enjoying a little fireball whiskey and some leftover fried chicken, when Alex CheckMate enters.

Madagascarter looks over towards the door. His first instinct is to do something to distract his nemesis but is so filled with anarchist thoughts that he instead leaps the bar and charges his enemy.

AlexCheckMate pulls his gun as Madagascarter smashes into him. They both go over a table in a heap. As they tumble to a stop amidst a pile of broken table legs and spilled drinks, Madagascarter converts AlexCheckMate at the same time that AlexCheckMate gets his gun up under Madagascarter's chin and pulls the trigger.

Quite the mess is splattered all over the ceiling but the real damage has been done.

Alas, Christmas has been ruined. The village is dead. The mafia are dead. There is only a gremlin left. What could have been and what is. Santa Clause is left to die of starvation in an unknown location as the mafia never revealed the whereabouts of his prison. The reindeer all all gone, Mrs. Clause is in witness protection and there are no elves left to guide the rest. We are left with uncommonly good cookies baked by the Keebler Elves because there are no other elves left who knew what else to do.

The Gremlin Faction wins the game, The winners are:
Tennesseelogman
AlexCheckMate
Madagascarter
Mdhaglund

It is hard to determine the MVP as the three top candidates are all in the remaining winning faction. Tennesseelogman, AlexCheckMate and Madagascarter.

Madagascarter had infiltrated the village from the very beginning and almost never drew any suspicion. A truly remarkable well played game.

AlexCheckMate was always the lone ranger, operating outside of the groups and doing everything he could to take out the bad guys, almost all on his own with no one in his corner.

Tennesseelogman played his role in a spectacular fashion not even aware of his dark side other than the hints in the role PM. Sending seemingly random messages and comments gave him information that allowed him to make very intuitive decisions and the amount of messages between him and others was impressive as was behind the scene decisions based on them.

When dying and tasked to find his successor, he made some extremely shrewd deductions on who would survive the near future dangers and ensured his legacy would survive. Because of this well thought out choice as opposed to a random selection;

Tennesseelogman is the MVP with honorable mentions to the barely suspected leader of the Mafia, Madagascarter, and the incredibly die hard cowboy, AlexCheckMate.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the game as much as I have and I welcome any and all constructive criticism in order to improve gameplay in the future.

I hosted one or two pretty good games before my failed Cannonball Run (which with a now current century functional computer I should be able to try and do again if there is any interest) and I am happy I was able to create an entertaining experiencer without too many errors on my part.

I really enjoy this kind of game and I would like to that all the participants who were all active, something that is rare, who made the game what it is. Without you all, there would be no story.

You all did a phenomenal job, from the new players to the experienced and I thank you all for your effort and participation.

I will post all pole PM's within the next 24 hours (I need some sleep) and I will link the last 2 remaining players to the dead thread I created in order to see the behind the scenes discussion.

Thanks again, everyone! Without you, this would not have been nearly as good as I thought it was!