The Game Thread
  • 446 posts
  • Page 1 of 30
elysium5 wrote:
(Voice of Burl Ives)
"2020 is already a messed up year we wish we could all forget but just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Santa has been kidnapped by The North Pole Mafia!

If the Village can kill all the Mafia, Santa will be rescued and Christmas will be saved!

But if the Mafia have their way, they will eliminate all their opposition and alas, Christmas will be cancelled and they can sell all the workshop toys on the black market for a hefty profit.

A small crowd has gathered at the local reindeer watering hole, The Staggering Antler Public House, where some rather strange guests have arrived claiming to want to help and have rented rooms there.

Everyone is talking about what they need to do to save Santa but they are also looking around suspiciously at each other wondering who is here to help and who might want to stop them.

There are a couple of Wild Cards mingling in the bar crowd and they could be crucial to either saving or destroying the Christmas spirit.

Here is what we know..."

There are 15 players.

-3 players are Mafia. *Win clause: Eradicate the Christmas Spirit

-10 players are Village. *Win clause: Eliminate the Mafia to save Santa

-2 Players are Neutral. *Win clause: Uncertain and Mysterious

*There are possible scenario's where a players win clause may change

Role abilities include:
Day Lynch Votes
Night Kills
Night Saves
Night Investigations
Night Distractions
Night Conversions

A side note:
-If 2 players try to kill each other at night, both will die unless one or both are either distracted or saved.

Please make sure to include me in all PM's

Each Day and each Night will be 24 hours long

This first Day will begin 11:59PM tonight (Monday)

No actions will be allowed before the first day begins.

Please use this thread only to communicate in public and again, make sure I am included in all private chats.

Good luck. I'm going to go enjoy a little eggnog now!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Interesting setup, I'm intrigued by the 2 neutrals with unknown win clauses. @Elysium5, are we allowed to know if the town can win with the neutrals, or if the neutrals win alone (or even as a partnership)?

Everyone, @tennesseelogman is NOT backup moderator, do not feed him information! He is trying to gain an unfair advantage and this leads me to be a bit suspicious of him already.

Happy hunting everyone, let's find some mafia! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Lots of new players here! Just so everyone is aware here is the full list:
1. @Virtuosity98
2. @AlexCheckMate
3. @Anaxagore
4. @Madagascarter
5. @Mdhaglund (new to D12 mafia)
6. @Hoodlum
7. @Cinco-DeMaio (new to D12 mafia)
8. @Rockbert (new to D12 mafia)
9. @Drax (new to D12 mafia)
10. @rheisel (new to D12 mafia)
11. @Ready4war (new to D12 mafia)
12. @Tennesseelogman
13. @Bluegoetz
14. @2ofclubs (new to D12 mafia)
15. @Vicious

Welcome to the new players :) Just so you know, this is a game of communication, deceit, and detective-work. If you don't understand how the game works then ask in this thread, or send a message to @elysium5.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Madagascarter wrote:
Tennesseelogman suss. Don't give him any information unless he gives you a reason to trust him. He is no back up moderator. He is playing in this game
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Tennesseelogman wrote:
ok - i am not trying to get myself lynched - there is no way i am mafia after drawing this much attention to myself. just adding a little fun
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have NEVER talked this much in a game . i just send the following message to all "i am sending this to all players who have not already contacted me. this is the way to communicate (for the new players). tell me your name and role and this could go well for the non-mafia. i will not share your name w others in case a mafia tries to slip in and duplicates a name. i will in return give you my name and role. we can all be secretive and loose or coagulate and win " obviously the mafia got it also. no - i do not want to die early . so feed me info and get info early on before mafia kills me
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
elysium5 wrote:
Virtuosity98
Interesting setup, I'm intrigued by the 2 neutrals with unknown win clauses. @Elysium5, are we allowed to know if the town can win with the neutrals, or if the neutrals win alone (or even as a partnership)?

Everyone, @tennesseelogman is NOT backup moderator, do not feed him information! He is trying to gain an unfair advantage and this leads me to be a bit suspicious of him already.

Happy hunting everyone, let's find some mafia! :)
To answer your question vaguely, yes there is more than one way for a Neutral to win.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
2ofclubs wrote:
Being a newb, I am vulnerable Obviously I've been contacted by non back up moderator Tennessee as well as 2 others (unnamed).  i may be wrong to ass-u-me the 3 mafia have contacted me already.  On Guard. Offering to give valuable info after I give 1st is not wise in my opine.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
Being a newb, I am vulnerable Obviously I've been contacted by non back up moderator Tennessee as well as 2 others (unnamed).  i may be wrong to ass-u-me the 3 mafia have contacted me already.  On Guard.   Offering to give valuable info after I give 1st is not wise in my opine.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
11:59P Monday well in my Central time zone its now 12:57p Monday.   What zone is start time based on.?
WRKD4IT
elysium5 wrote:
2ofclubs
11:59P Monday well in my Central time zone its now 12:57p Monday.   What zone is start time based on.?
Eastern Standard Time
2ofclubs wrote:
Maybe I have a handle on this and playing naive. Trust no one and verify. LOL
WRKD4IT
Anaxagore wrote:
I randed neutral, i can convert someone to join my team tonight, pm me if you’re interested.