In Berlin the optimists are learning English, the pessimists, Russian...
  • 276 posts
  • Page 19 of 19
Virtuosity98 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
I don't quite understand why my partner had a -1 VP condition - noone else had one?
Why did Zhukov/Konev gain an extra elimination if they took the other out? Is this smth "historically correct" during the Russian times? Also +1 for taking out Hitler PERSONALLY?
Because Marshall couldn't stand Montgomery's insufferable bragging and over-inflated ego. So if Montgomery kills Hitler (or in other words is credited with taking Berlin) to become the greatest war general of ww2, Marshall is left happy that they won the war, but at the same time very frustrated that Monty gets most of the credit.
Zhukov and Konev were historically bitter rivals, both very eager to be credited with taking Berlin - they were racing each other until Stalin ordered Konev to let Zhukov have the honours. The gaining an extra elimination if one killed the other is not historically accurate, but I wanted to create a fierce sense of rivalry between the two, and that was how I decided to arrange this.
Yes, to get the 3VP, Zhukov, Konev, and Montgomery had to be the ones to actually kill Hitler (take Berlin), because that is what their minds were fixated on at that point in history. So those three were really challenging roles tbh, but at least they didn't have to worry about the whole Cold War element of who outlasts who.

AlexCheckMate
With what info did every role start? With how many contacts? Would love to know the exact details.
I geuss the setup of 5 (4+1) vs 9 (4 (3+1) + 3 (2+1) + 2) was pretty good - the unused CoB roles were a nice decoy (you still owe me a proper explanation how you figured they'd possibly do smth in the game - did you draw up a 3rd VP for them too? or as you didn't use them, didnt bother?)
Group chats:
Hitler, Kaltenbrunner, Bormann, Weilding
Stalin, Zhukov, Konev
Churchill, Montgomery
Eisenhower, Marshall
I did make a full role for the Citizens of Berlin, but I decided against including them. Then I figured they'd be one of the mafia's only ways of hiding so I left them free.
Citizen of Berlin Role PM (click to show)

AlexCheckMate
Did anyone notice the Easter eggs I hid in the thread?
This was not against the rules as currently defined, and was very ingenious insurance in case you got lynched. But I think in the future we should add an Easter Egg Clause to the rules because it kind of goes against the spirit of the game. You should never be able to "prove" who you are, that's why screenshots of messages or role PMs is banned. Your easter egg would have "proved" that Bluegoetz was allied with you, so it would have led to an unfair advantage in my opinion. It's a grey area but I think it's better if referencing Easter Eggs to prove your identity/allegiance is banned.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Sygmassacre wrote:
I spent the whole game paranoid because in the british chat you posted only 2 points of win conditions for jimi whereas you posted all 3 points for me. I wondered how he was going to win and whether he had even noticed he was only able to get 2 points
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Sygmassacre
I spent the whole game paranoid because in the british chat you posted only 2 points of win conditions for jimi whereas you posted all 3 points for me. I wondered how he was going to win and whether he had even noticed he was only able to get 2 points

That was the aim... it was an experiment in trust I guess :) townies overall trusted each other more than I expected them to, however it did take you a very long time to communicate effectively.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Jimi wrote:
I have noticed the 2 poibts things and inquired about it later on the game... But honestly virt, such a great narrator and spectacular concept of the game

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Sygmassacre wrote:
Oh yeah great depth to it. Gonna be hard to top guys lol.
I have an idea for a game but it's so simple in concept yet complicated to play that I'm not even sure if it will work

Edit: But alex is gonna love it!
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Sygmassacre
Oh yeah great depth to it. Gonna be hard to top guys lol.
I have an idea for a game but it's so simple in concept yet complicated to play that I'm not even sure if it will work

Edit: But Alex is gonna love it!

You should use the last line as your selling point! :roll:
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein