Game thread
  • 359 posts
  • Page 22 of 24
elysium5 wrote:
Lynch Abs!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
MacEohaid wrote:
Ryomyr
I will be voting JKL. I am on the Elysium5 train.

He said vote Abs
MacEohaid wrote:
elysium5
So jkl is in fact The Borg Queen.
Why "jkl is in fact the Borg Queen" then you say "Lynch Abs". explaine what is going on.
elysium5 wrote:
MacEohaid
elysium5
So jkl is in fact The Borg Queen.
Why "jkl is in fact the Borg Queen" then you say "Lynch Abs". explaine what is going on.

Basically this:

jkl is borg but Abs is the OG Borg and needs to be killed first.

Vote Abs first.

We can vote off jkl, next phase, or if anyone has a phaser, they can shoot him.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
jkl3699 wrote:
I will yet again repeat: I am neither borg nor borg queen. You would be making a mistake by killing me.
elysium5 wrote:
jkl3699
Remember when Tenn said that there were at least 2 factions??

Remember when you used to always be town?
Tennesseelogman wrote:
vote results are
abs - 4 - ely, rc, ryo, rock
ely - 1 - jkl
jkl - 1 - mac
did not vote - 2 - pyg, abs
dead = can not vote - 8 - 2oc, thick, mada, blue, notor, dream, kc. hooboy

after application of abilities = abs was lynched

Tennesseelogman said: to abs
05 Sep 2022, 22:00
Your faction is Starfleet and your species is Human
Your win condition is to eliminate all players who are not in your faction
abs picked telepathy
AND
Tennesseelogman said:
09 Sep 2022, 22:01
you have been assimilated by the borg. you are now part of a new faction. your new designation is Eight of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix Zero-One i will create a group chat that includes all borg. you retain your unused ability. your new win condition is to help the borg eliminate all non-borg.
abs earned but did not request any new ability

JKL is also dead - he was shot by pyg
Tennesseelogman said: to jkl
05 Sep 2022, 22:00
You have been assimilated by the Borg.
You started the game as Bajoran but were immediately assimilated by the Borg queen. Your designation is Six of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix Zero-One. You now have a Borg interlink node that allows you to communicate with the other Borg on the Starship Enterprise that you have managed to board. Several members of your borg sub-group were blown out into space when the cargo bay was decompressed. To aid you in the take over of the ship, you are able to acquire 2 abilities/items from the same set of 4 as the not-yet-assimilated but the 2 must be different. The Borg have 1 kill attempt per day as an innate ability. Any Borg can put in the kill request in the Borg chat room but it can be over ruled by 2 others if there is discord among the collective.
You are able to assimilate other individuals to become Borg during the game. This is accomplished by a 4 pronged attack on another player = use any 2 the phaser, force field, or telepathy abilities on them (purchased extra votes - take control of the ship - do not meet this requirement) plus a Borg kill attempt plus 2 regular lynch votes - all used simultaneously on the same unshielded target - you must tell me that you are making an assimilation attempt.
Since you have no need to learn of other players factions = using the telepathy ability will tell you of their purchased ability.
if a borg gets a force field = it can be used as a containment field to hold a non-borg in place to facilitate the assimilation process
borg can not assimilate dead players. for instance - if a assimilation attempt is made on a player on day 2 and that player was killed on day 1 or 2 = the procedure fails
assimilated players bring unused abilities w them
your win condition is to kill or assimilate all non-borg.
borg can consult before picking abilities
normal lynch voting will not count as using an ability when it comes to earning an additional ability but the daily kill attempt will.
jkl picked a phaser kill and shields then earned another and picked 6x votes

looks like the game is over and Starfleet wins since there were 2 Borg left and both ABS and JKL just got killed
the vote was abs 4x from ryo, rc, rock and ely then rc added 3 extra votes from his ability for 7 total - - the vote was ely 1x from jkl but he added 6x from his ability to make it 7 total - - but pyg shot jkl before his lynch vote or extra votes could be processed = abs died and jkl died
The Borg had a kill on rock and rc had an inspection on rock - but rock had a shield up. JKL died holding on to 3x shields that could have saved him from the kill shot and saved abs from getting lynched
abs was close to getting the MVP for organizing the Starfleet but once he got assimilated = he basically dropped out of the game. he would have had a great opportunity to gather intel for the borg and direct the attack.
 the game started w 3 borg = blue, jkl, and mada. 1 Q = rock , and the other 12 were Starfleet

here is kinda how the whole game went down
Day 0 - i accidently did not make it clear that the game had started and the forum was open - delayed by 12 hours but didn't affect anything
Dream messed up in the forum ask to inspect hooboy but it did not hurt him
The borg were able to chat before picking abilities but did not get very well organized on that.
Day 1 - species were added to the role assignments just for fun (and it says that in post #1) but a lot of speculation wnt on about them
The borg assimilated hooboy (see assimilation requirements later)
there were 4 requested inspections = dream to hooboy, notor to kc, thick to ely, and abs to jkl = dream found hooboy (who had just been assimilated) to be borg but never relayed that info to anyone
all 3 borg voted for hooboy when only 2 were required to which i thought would draw sus on them
Day 2 - there was a comment in the SF group chat about how i should not change the rules mid game to balance the game - little did they know i had a neutral built in to balance the game so i would not be tempted to.
blue claimed to be romulan and non-starfleet to throw people off - but it just put a target on his back
mada copied and pasted the wrong SF PM which they got from hooboy's assimilation and that doomed him
2oc was killed by blue using his 6x votes on him
Rock shielded himself from being assimiated
there were 2 requests for invetigations = abs wanted to mild meld w 2oc who was shielded but the lot fell to notor inspecting thick who was SF
mada shot thick dead but it was not reported until the end of day 3
Day 3 - mac wanted to mind meld mada and abs wanted to mind meld jkl. mac won but learned nothing new since mada was lynched
the borg assimilated abs
rock investigated jkl and found him to be Borg
i thought i was making assimilation expensive and they might try 1 or 2 times - but they kept trying and it failed twice and succeeded twice
Day 4 - the dead of mada and thick were announced and the borg role assignment PM was exposed
borg tried to assimilate kc but failed due to shielding
6x votes were used from hooboy to lynch dream
ely shot blue in the face
jkl shot notor
rock investigated ely
kc tried to investigate rock but failed due to shielding
notor tried to inspect ely but he was already dead
rock investigated ely
Day 5 - jkl wanted to put 6x votes on ely which would have lynched him but rock stunned him along w hooboy so it did not go thru
rock had his shield up every day rc wanted to inspect kc, and kc wanted to inspect ely = both did not go thru - instead rc inspected jkl and found him borg
borg killed kc
ely put 5x votes on hooboy which sealed his lynch
Day 6 - rock requested mind meld w abs
borg try to kill rock
rc tried to inspect rock
jkl tried to put 6x votes on ely which would have lynched ely but pyg shot an unshielded jkl and end the game. if jkl had shielded himself = he would not have died, abs would have been lynched, and ely would have been lynched.

this is what the SF PM looked like
Spoiler (click to show)

this is what the Borg PM looked like
Spoiler (click to show)

this is what the PM to Q looked like
Spoiler (click to show)

there were many unused abilities left on the board that could have changed the game
open to questions or comments
GG all
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
Fantastic game, Tenn!

GG everyone!
Tennesseelogman wrote:
the Starfleet winners are ely, rc, pgy, ryo, mac (all alive) and dream, kc, notor, 2oc, thick
congratulations
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
Dang! I wanted to keep Jkl alive. I was going to kill a Starfleet after this vote. I thought I was in a decent position to win. Well played all. GG.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
MacEohaid wrote:
GG all, Congrats Starfleet. Ely, you saved us. The Vulcan race is grateful. Rock, you were solid as a.... well, rock. Good riddence Borg.

Live long and prosper all.
Rockbert wrote:
I spent too much time convincing Starfleet I was on their side. As fast as Starfleet was dropping I thought I had enough time to keep one alive and one borg. Bummer. Well done all.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
MacEohaid wrote:
Tennesseelogman
the Starfleet winners are ely, rc, pgy, ryo, mac (all alive) and dream, kc, notor, 2oc, thick
congratulations

What about Rock?
Tennesseelogman wrote:
Rockbert wrote:  Posted: 1 minute ago 
Post #326
Dang! I wanted to keep Jkl alive. I was going to kill a Starfleet after this vote. I thought I was in a decent position to win. Well played all. GG.
yea - as the all seeing moderator i was hoping that jkl would use 1 of his shields or that you would shield him or more realistically stun pgy
Live long and prosper