• 938 posts
  • Page 1 of 63
Tennesseelogman wrote:
Someone suggested a new game thread since it would be easier to refer to if it was all together on page one. I may have left a few things out but if it is in the sign-up thread, it is valid but statements here trump them.

I am starting this thread a little early (before roles are assigned) to allow you restudy the abilities which have some minor changes/clarifications in them before you make you selections/rankings.

If you have questions before the game starts (i will pm you when that happens), please send them to me only. Some people might think you were trying to influence the game ( choices of abilities by others ) before the game even starts, if you were make any comment on the abilities ahead of time.

List of players:

Spoiler (click to show)

Basic game mechanics

Spoiler (click to show)

Here are the superpowers/abilities:

Spoiler (click to show)

Win Conditions
Superheros - Get rid of all the villains
Villains - Get rid of all the Superheros
You can used the terms superhero, village, townies, good guys, good vs villains, mafia, bad guys, bad or anything that is clear what you mean in your communications

Rules/guidelines/clarifications/other info

Spoiler (click to show)

Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
it has been pointed out by a player who has hosted games before that i am asking for trouble with some of the information abilities being real time. Bear in mind that even though i am retired, i do have somewhat of a life - you know, Pokerstars, fantasy football, trips to Lowes and Walmart, morning and afternoon naps. So what I'm saying is, do not submit a request with only a short amount of time before the phase ends if you are depending on that info to cast your vote/communicate the results w others - try to give me several hours
He said
Real-time feedback also requires a potentially unrelenting level of activity on your part. If you are not online when someone 'needs' you to give them urgent feedback on a superpower (e.g. x ray vision, they need to know if someone's innocent before a crucial lynch vote), things could get ugly, with people blaming you for their loss. I wouldn't be such a person, but it is inevitable for some in the heat of the competition :) Furthermore, with potentially 19 players all spamming you with superpower actions before a phase deadline, it could become completely unfeasible to deliver accurate responses real-time.
  we don't want that now do we.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
another update/clarification
- on ability #7 charmer - once you are assigned the ability - you must choose which option you want to go with - - either 4 automatic minus lynch votes as needed OR 6 minus votes that you have to apply yourself during any or several day phases.

- same on #8 Invincibility - choose if you want 1 auto use OR 3 times where you choose ahead of time

- #14 - time travel - is not that way - you can decide as needed which option you want to take.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have had a few questions on #10 manipulator

yes you pick 2 abilities

if you pick 10 - you do get to pick another (say #5 speed) also and then later you can either use speed if needed or trade it in for any other ability. if you get lynched = your speed would save you and you would be out of abilities - if however somebody dies and you want to bring him back to life and you have not yet used your speed = then you can trade in your speed for gift of life and bring him back - or maybe trade in for time travel and go get his unused abilities .and get his gift of life and speed (or whatever he has left over)
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
ability clarification
- if someone dies, and then a player wants to bring that person back w the gift of life AND at the same time somebody else wants to time travel and go take their remaining abilities = then the dead player is restored to life w their abilities in tact and the time traveler gets nothing but his ability is still available to use later and nobody will be told by me that he attempted to use it.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
It is now Day 0.
No lynching today.
No kill actions today.
But you can send me any request by private message to use an ability tonight ( the next phase that begins at 21:00 which is really tomorrow real time) - it can be confusing
You can also request information w one of your abilities during this phase
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
Greetings!

With great power, comes great responsibility.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Good luck everyone! :):) Looking forward to this massive game! And welcome to all who are new to D12 mafia games :thumbs::D If any of you have any questions about how these games work, then it's probably safest to ask @Tennesselogman via private message.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Rockbert wrote:
Agreed! This should be really interesting and fun.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Ryomyr wrote:
Hi everyone and good luck! FYI -- I am the player formerly known as rheisel ... (I asked for a name change a couple of months ago) ... good to see some new players and excited to be playing with this group again!