Harry Potter Mafia game
  • 190 posts
  • Page 1 of 13
Madagascarter wrote:
Welcome to another mafia game where there will be spoilers in abundance! We'll start with a nice storyline.

Just before the Battle of Hogwarts, everyone is gathered into the room of requirement except Harry who has gone to look for the Rowena Ravenclaws diadem. They were preparing for the big battle against Voldemort and practicing spells when all of a sudden Alberforth Dumbledore came sprinting through the tunnel (connecting his home in Hogsmeade and the Room of Requirement). He said that 3 death eaters had found the tunnel and were running through it right to the room of requirement. Everyone got into position and a quick battle took place. 2 of the death eaters died almost instantly but the third used the imperius curse 3 times on unknown targets and made his escape. There was a commotion about trying to chase him but he managed to escape and apparate to safety. Now there is a debate, after the mysterious death of Professor Flitwick, Colin Creevy and Dean Thomas, who was hit with the imperious curse?

There is also an intruder! He is Gregorovicth who wants to make an army of inferi! He seems to have a very good supply of polyjuice potion with him though which is somewhat hidden. When he has created Inferi copies of each alive player in the game he wins. Also the Deathly Hallows are kicking about. If someone owns all 3 he can use each action he has twice (baring kills as we don't want 3 deaths a night) and kill someone. There are a few other items that will be explained later. So will you find out who is under the imperious curse before you all get wiped out my death eaters or overrun by an army of inferi.

Players (click to show)

Suspects (click to show)
Items (click to show)
Reminder of the rules, Always handy (click to show)

Alright role PM's will be coming out shortly and Invisibility cloak still up for grabs. Dough boy, that sounds pretty handy for you right?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
dough_boy wrote:
Good luck all. I know very little about Harry Potter. I don't know how many mafia (are they called something else here?) there are?

Not really sure what an invisibility cloak is. Is it like a bulletproof vest? If so, can you just give me one. :)

Also, are we in night or day phase right now?
Hoodlum wrote:
bit hard to comprehend.

i guess the (village) is trying to rid of 3 players (mafia) with the imperius curse?

few questions for madagascarter.
can we know if the infected know each other? and is imperius curse and imperious curse the same thing?

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
also. didn't kyla withdraw from the game?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Kyla wrote:
I did but it took so long for the game to start that my busyness has come and gone lol. thanks for the game mada!

#NoLynch
Madagascarter wrote:
Players under the imperius curse know each other. It’s effectively 3 Mafia, 7 Village and 1 neutral

Summer 2 Countdown

CheekyTeeky wrote:
Hey guys I'm not under the curse thing. Feel free to PM me if you believe me because I don't know the best strategy yet.
You have a keen military mind Pod...
Chiaraa wrote:
Can I ask of there is a specific order to the "night actions"? Like do the mafia have to kill someone before everyone else can do their thing or is it just whatever order things happen?
Madagascarter wrote:
They have an order in which night actions happen but they don't have to be submitted in that order. (For example a distraction role would generally happen before a kill but the person who sends a distraction pm to me might be the last person to send it in). However a person with the Elder Wand, their action will always be first.

Hood
and is imperius curse and imperious curse the same thing?

Sorry one is spelling mistake that is too easy to make on a computer. The Imperius curse is one of the 3 unforgivable curse. It is effectively mind control.

Summer 2 Countdown

Mayba wrote:
@Mada

How do the items work? Are they randomly distributed between us already? or do we somehow find them throughout the game?
Chiaraa wrote:
I asked Hoodlum the same thing... it would be good to know.

Also when does this day phaze end?
Madagascarter wrote:
D1 has ended with no remarkable events except players now understand their role in the game which would have been pretty difficult at night. N1 has started. Post your actions in your PM and let’s play.

Mayba, items have been randomly distributed at start of the game. There are many ways in which they can switch players. The idea was it would be cool to have a sort of shared ability.

Summer 2 Countdown