A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 21 of 21
PsymonStark wrote:
I believe that we have no source file for this one, I'm afraid, but yep, it really should get some distinction.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
well, i drew an outline, borders, territories, same dimensions - no textures or anything added, so that maybe Thorpe could use it if he comes back..it's PDN though, but things can be easily re-traced this way. a few layer files, some one can have some fun playing with it.

http://www.filedropper.com/westerosnormalsize

example (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
I think this is one of the last remaining maps that hasn't had an overhaul yet and quite possibly because we never had the source file or that it would be such a mammoth task.
There was also the talk of discontinuing the map while we were undertaking the main overhaul, but the map was seen as too popular to discontinue at the time.

After making a more accurate Westeros & Essos with the help of all the Game of Thrones enthusiasts, I thought about perhaps remaking this Westeros in a similar fashion.

My general thoughts on this map are: It should get a remake, because it is now the lowest quality but highly favourable big map on D12.
It should be discussed and decided on by the staff, because it will be keeping the same gameplay.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
I just noticed that when The Dreadfort is shown written in the game log or as a card it is spelt wrong. The second D is shown as the letter T instead. So it says Dreatfort instead of Dreadfort.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
aeronautic wrote:
Nice spot Hawk Eye! ;)
I'll change it now.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
While I was there I had a check of all the Labels compared to the map and found the following discrepancies, now corrected.
Dreatfort was changed to The Dreadfort (Thanks elysium5)
Last Heart was changed to Last Hearth
Queen's Crown was changed to Queenscrown
Kings Landing was changed to King's Landing
UltrasPlot wrote:
Just noticed this but "Starfell" in Western Dorne should be "Starfall" instead.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Starfall

E: Also "Old Castle" in the North should simply be "Oldcastle"

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Oldcastle

Minor naming errors aside, why is Riverrun in the Westerlands? (Yes, I have been reading A Song of Ice and Fire recently...)
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Ultras,

The amendments I did above were to synchronise the Card Name with the Map Name.
Any Map Graphic Label amendments, will have to wait until we upgrade the map graphics and that is if we have the original layered file, if not, we will be unable to change the label unless a volunteer map maker is willing to take on an extensive graphic alteration project, because when an image is flattened to be used online, the text labels become one with the background graphics.
Matty wrote:
Oh wow, you don't have extensive backups of your own map files with all layers?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Ah, sorry, my bad
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
Stumbled across this.. looks very familiar..maybe it was a reference used by thorpe (can't view the earlier images in this thread), or vice versa

Spoiler (click to show)
100%
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman