A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 2 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

I fixed the bridges.
Made map no so blurry also.
The text size of Bonus amount I made bigger also, and used a different font.
Fixed the bottom right side of the map, No more dark spot.

What about Zappy's comments?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
Can't see any texture on white region (barely see texture on the yellow region)...was that intended?
I still don't like the looks of your connection lines...
The bridges don't have the black line problem any more but I think they are a little to blurry...
Seagard? what is going on there?
Why is there a dot in the middle of the lake? Why are you making parts of your rivers white?
Pyke...there is a totally black island...kinda looks like you just accidentally drew a line with the paint brush...is that supposed to be there?
outline is still a little pixelated but I think that will be ok...
Vexer wrote:
if you replaced pntbttr's name with mine in that last post you would totally believe that i had said it. Very short and to the point.

First, you were not supposed to resize the title, the credits and the compass. now they are all stretched. you'll need to copy and paste them from a previous version. The compass will need some touching up to fit the new size. I know i specifically mentioned to not resize the compass in my post. It is very difficult for me to be motivated to comment when my comments are not carefully considered or are overlooked.

I also mentioned that you should try centering the mini map between flints finger and old town. If you don't have time to do it for the next update than at least acknowledge my comment so i know i was heard. It is a requirement to address every comment posted in the forum, even if it's just to say that you disagree and won't be implementing the suggestion. Overlooking or disregarding a comment is rude and does not encourage help.

I have more to say but will hold back the suggestions until these concerns are addressed.
Thorpe wrote:
doing the other maps I forgot some things on this one...hehe
I write them down but forgot those things to do or not to do. I did not disregard any thing...just remember I just don't get big bucks for this ...that is why I was going back and looking at the posts.
I did ask you about zappy's comments and making sure if I should do them so I don't disregard anything people say...case in point the lightness in the ocean on the honor map...and then you did not want me to change it. Trying hard here to please...so give me some slack.

There was alot to do and takes a lot of time for us OLD guys

Thorpe wrote:
I was going to address the other things but wanted the resize done first and then the rest will follow and just trying to get it right before I did the other things...is the size ok? That is what I really wanted to know about then the other changes will be done.
Vexer wrote:
yeah the size is better, not so scrunched,

contrary to votazap i think the colors are fine.

I have not looked at the game play at all.

We are in agreement about not liking the background but i don't think it should be blue. You did improve it as we asked but i would rather scrap the whole background and do something better. i think it should be parchment.

and to be clear, i agree with pntbttr that part of the outline need work. and the bridges are blurry.
Thorpe wrote:
working on it as I check forum and I am looking into parchment and was doing it before you said anything about it and blue is not right with the map..did it and it did not look right...plus we have enough blue out there!

Thx
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6509/westeros1brown.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

[IMG]http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/227/westeros1grey.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

[IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7007/westeros1brownall.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Ok a few backgrounds...the one with all of brown...I know about the lines missing on the left...just wanted to know which background or what.

Fixed the outline ..I think
Seagard was fixed
The Pyke line was fixed
mini map was moved
The compass fixed and lines
Title was fixed
If this is not the parchment background then I need one..sorry
Did a grey for zappy per rules in forum.
Thorpe wrote:
What no comments?zzzzz
Matty wrote:
I think the first background looks best (though it should be a little bit longer at the right side, cause the territories should be inside the map i guess)

Also maybe the white continent is a little bit too bright =/
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
thaithai wrote:
i am lazy to count how many territories there are in a region . how many territories are there in this map? why don't you give your opinion about the bonus before you ask us.
before you upload a map, i need above information.
Thorpe wrote:
Thank-you matty and hi thaithai...I am too lazy also to do that hehe...but really a lot of work, I mean a lot, goes into just making a map so a least you could do is count...lol
But if you do need that information I can get it to you. 
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

Personally I dont like the black around the map on #1 and 2, it looks like you have jpeg compression in the background. Also if you take a closer look at the white region you can see that the colours are a bit messed up, as if someone has moved the colour layer a few pixels. This applies to all three maps. You can also see errant pixels around the whole map, they are easier to detect on map #1 and 2.
Map #3 looks ok, you can still see some jpeg compression but not as much. I would actually keep this background: http://imageshack.us/f/88/westeros.jpg/
or choose another one with higher quality.
The territories Seagard and The Twins are a bit confusing at first, because it looks like the territory circle thats over the river does not belong to any territory. You also need to fix the outline near the second bridge on Seagard.

Keep up the good work. =)

Take care.