A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 7 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
The ports I found was from a board game of the same map..."http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1197083/a-game-of-thrones-the-board-game-second-edition"

Talk about crazy! Westeros is taking off!  I feel real lucky to have permission to do this map!  Thank-you Tears and Martin!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

People who know about Westeros will know the two embosses...they are not in the right places..but I thought I might add them and place them where they go. There are six Kingdom and I only have two showing. Let me know if you like them.

I redid the placement of the key to the ports and added a border.
Tell me which one is better or where I should put the key and if you like a border.

Thank-you all for your comments.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
The brown region to the left now has as much borders and territories as the yellow region to the right, but a different bonus.

And also the greyish region above the yellow has 4 borders now, but a bonus of only 2, maybe a bit underrated, dont know really

(Also, where are the new bridges gone)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
The new bridges? What are you talking about? Are you saying you like the ones with more of an arch?
what about the emboss, where I put the key and the border?
marcoxa wrote:
map is coming along well, only big complaint i have is those darn bridges, why is it always the bridges? lol they need to blend in more with the map. because it just does not fit with the rest of the map.
Matty wrote:
Yeah, this one
http://imageshack.us/f/62/westerosa.jpg/

It had different bridges.
Some of them need a little more rotation, and maybe a "blend in" with the landscape, what Fendi said somewhere

lol, didn't even notice the border o_O
Dont know if you need one - a map gets some shadow around it by default.
But its not bad, except maybe that its broader on the top and bottom than on the right and left sides.

And what do you mean with key? The shields?

The shields are nice, though the one on the right looks like its coming out, where the one on the left looks like its going in the map.
But they are really nice.

The ports can attack ports part is better this way too I think, without border.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
The key to the ports and yes I like them.

The shields should be six and I was sure about how busy the map will look with them and just tried two shields...one going in and the other going out, which one is better?

What a eye!

I look forward to your comments every-time! You see things others do not see!

Those bridges....ooops!
Matty wrote:
Oh, the anchor icon's... They are very nice

You should watch out with 6 shields though, cause at the south there isn't that much sea. Still, if you can get them with some space around it would be nice.

Don't know why, but when I have an exam due tomorrow morning, I suddenly have an eye for everything interesting on the internet =P

(Lol, try reading the entire topic back, check all comments, and see how many you forgot xD)

And could you try making the minimap round in the bottom-left corner, just curious how it would look.
Vexer wrote:
I don't like the border and like matty said, it's wider on the top and bottom than on the left and right. It looks like there are many pixel mistakes in it. I don't think it's worth the time. The map looks fine without it. I do like the shields. I don't know if 6 will fit but you can definitely do 3 by adding one more in the lower left.

The legend should read 'Ports can attack each other'. Instead of ports can attack ports. It sounds weird and I would like to use the same phrasing that was used on the panama map for site wide consistency. Notice similar phrasing on the house map.
Thorpe wrote:
Yeah I did not like the border much either that is why I just put it on without much work to see if it would look good to you guys....will change the text for the ports.  Do they look OK?

will play with the shields more...innnies or outtties?

And the mini-map Matty was placed where it would fit so sorry that is where it goes...tried different placements and that is it.

What else?
Matty wrote:
I didnt mean to move the minimap, but to make one of the corners of it round.
Just so that some more of that top left territory is visible.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Vexer did the mini-map.
Bridges back
Shields placed
Port text fixed

The shields are from some of the major Houses of Westeros
marcoxa wrote:
looks really good thorpe. but you know what i am going to say, i still don't like those bridges! lol