A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 6 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
Leedog that is the HBO series! They now have a game out also.

This is the books and series I have been talking about. Take a look at the map "Tears" made in this post and you will see alot of the towns you will hear in the series.

What is wrong now with the bridges?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

The new bridges are better but they feel a bit inconsistent with the map. They need to melt in more but not blurred and the side where they touch the land is too sharp. Also..why is the bridge between The Neck and Barrowton so blurry and bigger?

Take care.
Thorpe wrote:
Read the post in #69 fendi
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe, I know not every territory is represented in show's opening credit, but it appears you have "Winterfell" represented by the name "Winderfell"...??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4v3AaP4TbE&feature=related
Thorpe wrote:
Oh I made a mistake?
Never watched the show and I will look into it, or read the books...I know nothing!
Thorpe wrote:

Ok changed a few things,
 Winterfell text was fixed
 Bridges fixed
 moved some circles and text to fit better

Now what about the GAMEPLAY?

And thank-you Vexter for all your work! Nice job!

Wrong map
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

here we go..correct map

LOL
Matty wrote:
Yes, the gameplay is going to be tuff.
If there is a strong player in the north, and a strong player in the south, they kind of wont meet eachother untill they killed everyone in between.

And lets be honest, its very difficult to get strong in the center.
On a no card game, or even fixed cards, this will be difficult to play if someone captures either the north or the south...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
are there any connection lines the should be modified, removed, or added?
Holt wrote:
I know it's a stretch because im sure you wouldnt want to hurt the gameplay too much Thorpe but in the stories there are Fleets for the different kingdoms or Westeros. You could do as was done in the Isthmus of Panama map and make some of the Territories ports cities that can be attacked from other port cities. That would help to fix the problem of the North or South staying too strong and hurting the ones stuck in the middle. It would also make it more realistic as if you were actually planning a battle strategy in the world of Westeros you would have to defend against an attack from the land and sea.
Vexer wrote:
yeah, 3 ports on the west side and 3 on the east. That might make the map really interesting.

Thorpe wrote:
Thank you Holt...what a great idea!
 See why we need comments!

Never read the books or seen the series ..so help me to place those port-of-calls.
Holt wrote:
I haven't read all the books but ill dig into and let you know today.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

ports added but will move the key around...
Holt wrote:
Looks fine to me Thorpe.. I would look at the bonuses again with the extra territoy to be covered and see if any of them need to be raised.. I didn't see anything that might change the bonus value of a territory but you might see something I dont.