A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 9 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
I do not really but I will send the map to you and see what you can do. send me your email in a message
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
TheHaniball wrote:
First off, Thorpe, this is AMAZING! Great job!!!

Second, is it necessary for ALL ports to have the ability to attack each other?

I noticed the map you modeled the ports after, didn't let all the ports have access to each other. Most only had access to one other port.
TheHaniball wrote:
It just seems very excessive and a little wild. Maybe make certain anchors different colors, and matching anchor colors have access to each other?

I just feel, maybe the bottom right anchors shouldn't have a connection to the top left.

Its just a gameplay style i guess..... maybe i am alone on that
Holt wrote:
Well if you want to make it similar to reality then any port could attack any other Haniball.
TheHaniball wrote:
if it was reality, it would seem very far fetched a port that has to travel around an entire continent/island would be able to man an attack using just the seas. Only ports near each other would really be able to bring an army of an attack.

Assuming we aren't talking about aircraft carriers, and modern warfare.

Isn't the idea to model the gaemplay after the westeros idea? they use wooden ships, and rarely attack anything far away? It takes place in a mid-evil time "like" era.

And using that format, there isnt many wars/battles in history that took place over large distances, using JUST water transportation. Ususally ports that are near each other would be susceptible to battle.
TheHaniball wrote:
But again, this is just my opinion. Obviously Thorpe didn't agree with my way of thinking either.

So maybe, it is just my preference.
Cireon wrote:
Why not connect the ports on the right side with each other and the ports on the left side seperately. It seems a bit unlogical to have boats sailing all the way to the other side, so this seems a far more realistic solution. I also think it enhances the gameplay a bit more, because the ability to move around the map easily through ports will probably be very hard to balance.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I know that on the Panama Isle map ports on the same ocean can attack eachother, (two oceans there), but its Thorpe's choice here. I dont know which one would be better here.
However, the main problem with this map was that its hard to go from north to south, so it wouldn't be a problem here.

Have a little bit of patience and give Thorpe the time to react :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
works for me. ports can only attack on the side they are on. that's kind of what i had in mind anyway. but how do you explain that on the map?
TheHaniball wrote:
Make certain anchors one color and the other side another color, and in the symbol on the map say :" anchors of same color may attack each other"
Thorpe wrote:
I was hoping someone would say something in this effect on the ports and Haniball might have some thing there...same color ports!

Hope not to have a page of instructions to play this map. It is already a hard game-play map!

K.I.S.S. policy.

Anybody come up with something better cause I did not like the Panama confusion on how to play! A lot of players that are new ...(like I was),.... miss the ports!

Is that "may attack" permission only or "can they attack" with no permission?...LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Holt wrote:
Yeah the only thing you would really be able to do there is change the colors of the Anchors for the ports on each side. Then put something to the affect that "Ports of the same color may attack each other."
marcoxa wrote:
i'm going to get to those bridges soon, i have been really busy lately. cant wait till school is over.
Thorpe wrote:
Holt is the word may or can,.. in Attack? LOL

marcoxa some player (TheHaniball),I will not say who...but the player,(TheHaniball), said some of the cities need to be changed to best fit the series and the books. So because of (TheHaniball) the player read the books and is watching the series I must go with where (TheHaniball) they say they should go.

So I am in no hurry on the bridges...tomorrow will be fine...lol

Thank you all, for your in-puts!