A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 12 of 21
Pntbttr wrote:
I still think they look like tacos...but if you made them a little smaller I think they would work...
Thorpe wrote:
Fendi said that also about the size.

The nick-name for the bridges is:

"Taco Bridges" and they are toll booths that only take Tacos!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

The bridges are smaller now.

Anything else?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/westerosy.jpg/
[image][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us]

Noxon's idea's

grunge lines under Title

curved lines...Vexer is not a fan!

He looked at game-play and said it looked fine.
Matty wrote:
@Zeuxier, click somewhere in the center of the link he posted (after the > sign to be exact)

Your black anchors look really nice, maybe a bit fat, but thats all.

The two bottom most shields at the left are perfect now I think. The others are still a bit blurry at the top

The bridges are improved alot. The colour on the floor mixes up with the colour of the bridge at some point. It might look better it they keep their own colour.
I really, really like the fact that I can see whats below the bridge now - you did that very well!
Also, can you change the rotation of some of the bridges?
For example the one from Tumbleton (green bottom) to harrenhal (grey center): The bridges are diagonal, while the river is horizontal (well, even worse, a little bit rotated against the brdiges). That looks kind of unrealistic.
Or the bridge from blackhaven to stonehelm (yellow bottom), the bridge there will look more realistic if its more horizontal, because the river is vertical.

I like the smaller version of the bridges better.
The line under the title looks good, not sure if its better or equal - whatever you like :)
I also like the straight dashed lines better than the curved dotted lines too.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Trust me I do not want to touch the bridges!

But we will see...lol. I thought that also but I was scared to try cause I might have thrown my cpu out the window!
Cireon wrote:
I think I actually like the fact that the colour is the same as the colour of the bridge. Makes it blend in more. Having different rotations for bridges is something that would make it look less dull I guess, but it is entirely your choice if you want to spend time on it.

Other than that, I think everything else is already said before ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
There has been so much said before about this map.

What needs to be done..now?
marcoxa wrote:
i hated the bridges when i first looked at it, but the more i studied the map the more i liked it. it has a more natural feel to it. instead of the bright orange its now a brown color, so it looks like a wooden bridge. so now it dos not jump in your face like LOOK AT ME, I'M A BRIDGE AND I'M BRIGHT STINKIN ORANGE! CANT YOU SEE ME?! so yea. and you did a good job blending them as well, and they finally fit with the map. well done.
Vexer wrote:
yes the color of the bridges is much better. yes more variation in the rotation would probably be better. But i am not a fan of the region colors in the middle of the bridge. i would like to see what it looks like without that. Or maybe just reduce how far into the bridge the color goes.

That curved connection line wasn't bad but I don't think it's better so it's probably not worth the time.
Thorpe wrote:
Matty wrote:
Wow, these look good.

Im not sure if I like the 2nd best or the 4th (from left to right), I think the 4th, but not sure.
But they do look very good!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Second one from the left looks way best.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card