A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 14 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
I was ready to find out where you live and come over and ...

But you like huh?

Now if my hair will grow out I will be happy!

I hate to ask....

What else?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Well, you have ALOT of bridges, and if there are three or four right next to eachother, you could rotate some of them a little bit different - but only if its easy to rotate them because you have some sort of 3D model or so. Cause its just detail.

Your font... Are some serif, and some no-serif???
At least, it looks to me like saltshore is a different font than Yronwood for example =/
Some are well readable, some look weirdly blurred.
Three towers still looks bad too.

But apart from that I think your done. Dont know about others of course :)

Also, feel free to come over and play a good game of Risk. Though I know a good site for that too if you dont like to travel all the way from the USA.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
he's right as usual. there are inconsistencies in the text.
Thorpe wrote:
yes that was done by Fendi...the good ones ,,,the bad was done by me and I did not ask Fendi to fix them as of yet.

Matty ...Argh which bridges would you like moved..or rotated?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
These one can use some rotation:
The rills - sea dragon point (rotate clockwise)
Harrenhal - tumbleton (rotate counter clockwise (keep it centered I guess)
Silverhill - longtable (rotate clockwise) (this one is the most nescessary)
And maybe Highgarden - Longtable (rotate clockwise), not sure though

and dont give up - its looking really, really good already!!!!!!!!!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

What I tried to do with the bridges was to line up the angle of the bridge to the angle of the river..so does this work or what other bridge did I miss or your "EYE" see that is wrong...and really thank=you for your help Matty!
Matty wrote:
Some of the bridges got blurry :(

Also there is a problem with some countries looking higher/lower, because of a horizontal brdige.
In the yellow region you can see it really well. The old placing one has the problem too, but hardly visible (so I think the old one is perfect).
Same thing with the left bridge in the orange region, the old one was placed better.
The bridge from Silverhill to longtable is alot better than the old one, but it has the same problem too, so maybe rotate it a little bit backwards.

Overall it looks alot better (except for the blurryness).

Oh, before I forget, I like what you did with the black anchor in the description, but you might move it upwards a little bit.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Matty if these are not ok I would love to send it to you cause I really do not have the "eye"

Give me your e-mail and will send them to you...

I hope I never see a bridge again!!!!
Matty wrote:
Well, im not giving you my emailadres (for the sole reason that if I do i will have to do something :P), but there is one thing thats not ok - The bridge in the yellow region has a weird dot at the end.
Not sure if its the bridge or just a small lake thingy in the territory itself, but i think you should kill it.

The rest is ok.

P.S. Wouldnt you like to play your own map once its done?
Thorpe wrote:
Will update it soon and I have sharpened the bridges on last update...then will go from there!
nikeboix69 wrote:
I can't wait for this map to be played!!! I love the show and starting to read the books now! I found this site after looking up map of Westeros on Gooogle.

If say the map is already put up can it still be modified? I'm not an expert of the book but some input I can tell is that there are plenty of mountains around the Eyrie. May be put a mountain barrier from Redfort and The Twins to The Eyrie. Or even just a barrier from The Eyrie to the Redfort since The Twins should have access to all around it. From what I know from the show, The Twins is an important castle/bridge that it should be a great stronghold that it can attack from all around it.

I think my want to play this map already is really outweighing all the changes that can still be put on this map though hehe.

Please have it up soon!!!

Thank you!!!
Thorpe wrote:
Some of the things that might be great for a show does not work for on-line game-play. I did look at it though and the only thing that it would change is Eyrie would not be able to attack The Twins and The Twins would not be able to attack Eyrie.  Is that like the show?

Anything else?
Thorpe wrote:
The black dot is gone on the bridge...waiting for the text now...

What about Caps?....Help!

Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Ok the text is done and fixed that bridge!

What now?