A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 17 of 21
Paddlin wrote:
Capital Suggestions

Westeros Caps
2,3 player = dumb

4 Player: Rosby, The Neck, Skagos, Ice Rivers (verging on dumb)

5 Player: Kingswood, Golden Tooth, Starfell, Barrowton, Deadfort

6 Player: Ice Rivers, Last River, Stony Shore, White Harbor, Stonehelm, Cornfield

7 Player: Ice Rivers, Last River, Salt, Eyrie, Golden Tooth, Storm’s End, Starfell

8 Player: Ice Rivers, Skagos, Winterfell, Stony Shore, Strongsong, Ashemark, Kingswood, Starfell

9 Player: Ice Rivers, Skagos, Winterfell, Acorn Hall, Stony Shore, Strongsong, Lannisport, Storm’s End, High Hermitage
CODIAC wrote:
This maps looks real nice. Never played it before. I like it since it's big.
Paddlin wrote:
Cap adjustments for 6 player game:

1) Move Cornfield to Ashemark
2) Move White Harbor to Sandstone
Thorpe wrote:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5931/westeros.jpg

Members have been playing this and I changed a few things.

[*]added a port in Orkmont...like I said way back when
[*]made a connection from Whitetree to Queen's Crown
[*]Fixed the border on Last Heart and Castle Rock...just for Fendi and her one eye.
[*]Changed the Capitals on the four and 6 players

Anything else?

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
Gameplay Thorpe? I don't like capitals placement and I have some doubt on ports placement. Who planned this map? You, Thorpe? It is not a good representation of Westeros. Where the Seven Kingdoms are? Where's the Wall? Why there's the ocean in the North side?

I'm sorry for saying that, my dear. I think it is not your fault, it's a problem of this site. It has a few map makers with very good skills in graphic. But really you are not map makers, you are map painters. This site needs an engineer in maps, someone which plans HOW to make maps!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Thorpe wrote:
I will send you the map and you can do an update on it and see what you come up with cause Like I first stated I know nothing about the books or show so what my work on the show my not work on this map...So please feel free to do some engineering on this map or draw one out and I will "paint it". If you come up with something better for game play that would be great! Yes I wish we had a "game play" engineer here...you want the job?
Your mission, if you wish to accept it, is to engineer this map.
Send me your e-mail and I will gladly give this to you...cause you are right...I am not an engineer...of course I never claim to be one....LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
I was getting information on Westeros, but you go faster than me. Well, now is decent. I agree with the ports in the West side. If confirmed you can delete the connection between Pyke and Lannisport (brown region). I think you need to check the names: Wolfwood is Wolfswood; Gulltown is Gull Town; Kings Landing is King's Landing. It would be great to have 4 ports in the East side too. For example Old Castle, Gull Town, King's Landing and Sunspear. Really I think Old Castle should be called White Harbor. Some name is right but is in the wrong place! Some other just I don't know where do you pick it. I'm not a fan of "A Song of Ice and Fire" and I hope someone other can help you because I have not such time.
Thorpe wrote:
You did not comment on game play just what is wrong with my painting!

Come on give me something useful...did you notice there now is only two ways to get to the top region, this makes the top of the map real juicy to have...yet in the book the white region is has nothing that the houses want.  This is what I was talking about game play my engineer friend.

Again the wall is not good for game play that is why I left it out.

Please do not say you are to busy, I take pride in my maps and try real hard to get it right, so help me out here cause I have been asking from the first posting of this map for help and now you make comments on how bad it is at the end , when we are playing it, and then say You are to busy to help...mmm

Blame it no comments on this map from the beginning.
You talk about game-play and what you gave me is what also is wrong with the names and the port placements, but that is small game-play problems! Again the biggest one is the wall, that makes the top regions the ones you want to get and once you do it will be too easy to hold them = bad game play.

I thought I did great on the names and where they were placed. You tell me no that I put them in the wrong territories...so tell me what the names need to be and where.

We need to work as a team here. So do not say they are wrong and leave it as that.

The white area names are made up from my head cause that is a uncharted area. Could have used "No Name" for all of them
"No-Name" attacks "No-name and attacks No-Name"
LOL
Thorpe wrote:
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg
Here is another map with the names I used, If you take out Old Castle and put White harbor there what do you call White Harbor? White Knife is a river that is in that territory.
And yes You are right about those speeling(hehe) Worked on the map so much that I did not recheck the spelling.
The_Bishop wrote:
Why you are so insistent? I have never said that I want to work on the map gameplay. Then this map is big, it require time! And it is not so easy to get the gameplay without playing... Well, playing... I was in this site for play and now I'm spending all my time to write in the forum! Who will pay me for this work?
Thorpe wrote:
LOL!!!!! You will get as much as I get paid! And as much as everybody else that "works" here! Did you check your mail box?

Why am I insistent?

Who planned this map? You, Thorpe? It is not a good representation of Westeros. Where the Seven Kingdoms are? Where's the Wall? Why there's the ocean in the North side?

But really you are not map makers, you are map painters. This site needs an engineer in maps, someone which plans HOW to make maps!

You attack with-out helping me...which I have asked at the very beginning of this post for help and then when I ask for your help you say you are to busy!

As in a movie I know "Help ME to help YOU" lol

And I do not mind the comments just need to know what I did wrong...Can not just say you suck and not give me why I do.

I just spent another 2 Hours on rechecking my names and I was not wrong in my placements of those names...that is why you need to say what I did wrong, so I do not have to waste time trying to see if I did. I took the names from about 4 different maps. I should have printed mine out then checked them ..so wow, my old eyes hurt.

spacecowboy wrote:
I am playing in Game 50152 (8 Players). Ice Rivers is a capitol. With the white back ground of the territory it is hard to tell it is a capitol other than the large amount of armies in it. This would apply to any capitol in the white region.
Vexer wrote:
i want to be able to have white regions so the solution will be to modify the capitals circles.