A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 18 of 21
Vexer wrote:
@thorpe. instead of adding new territories perhaps the land at the top of the map could be a dead zone and not part of the game play. From the maps I've seen the far north is white from east to west. Not sure how that would look with white above the green region but maybe you could give the idea a try.
Thorpe wrote:
That is what I was going to do with it. Thx for agreeing with me, and the wall?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
well the wall looks odd with it so straight.

I don't know how important it is to the story but i do know that i don't like it for game play.
Thorpe wrote:
I do not like it either. But I guess very important...what about an overlay...very faint?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
well i can't help not knowing anything about the books. is the wall in the books perfectly straight? cause that's the main thing that makes it look odd.
Matty wrote:
I dont know anything about the book either, but I liked this version ( http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5931/westeros.jpg ), and the new one looks really odd.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
First of all I want to say that I don’t know if this is the appropriated thread to say this and if gameplay means what I think, so excuse me if I am wrong.
I played some games in this map and I really like it. Now I think I know what game I would like to play there.
I think this map is perfect for teamgames with the option of reinforce teammates in the beginning of the turns (so the player who is in rearguard can send troops to the front). I´ve read in the forum that you are debating teamgames, and I think this would be a great map to test them.
I played teamgames in other sites and one player has to control the whole continent to get the bonus. For this hypothetic game in this map I would prefer that one continent must be controlled just for one team (it wouldn’t matter if the provinces have different owners) but the bonus only would be paid to the captain of the team (and yes, the first thing in the game it should be to decide who is the captain of every team).
If it’s possible to try this without too much programming (and I almost sure that it isn’t) I think it would be better play this game without points, just for the fun of playing (elections of the captain, new strategies “untested”, etc might provoke some reluctance on players).
Well, this is the game I would like to play, I just hope not making you lose your time writing this post here.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Thorpe wrote:
no lose here! And thank you a lot for your comments!
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I forgot to say something about the provinces in the North of the wall.

As you have said, in the books nobody is interested in those regions and in the game they are very juice. I have an idea that may solve this and it would give "sense" The Wall: Whitetree and Hardhome cannot attack Southern regions because of the Wall, and they can be attacked from there: Eastwatch, Queen's Crown and Castle Black.

Of course, it should be a way of getting out of there; now there would be just 2 ways but maybe they are too many (especially because you can attack Old Town form Northern Territories). I know that the game is not the book but if what you are looking for is make those territories "worthless" this option can be useful
Thorpe wrote:
I just think the wall should go...but?
Cireon wrote:
Having the wall being one way could possibly work, but a big map with ports and one-way wall, isn't that just too much?

I haven't played on this map before, so I can't tell what the gameplay is like, but don't "fix things that ain't broken".
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I agree with you Ciceron, and I started saying I like this map; it was just a suggestion to make worthless the Northern territories.

I like the map as it is.
Vexer wrote:
i would like to see a dead zone properly added to the top though.
Vexer wrote:
yes, you've done it, but "i would like to see" it. Where is it?