A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 15 of 21
Vexer wrote:
The text is better now without the bright white glow but some of the text isn't readable like the 'sea' part of sea dragon point. You might be able to fix that just by moving it a bit. There are several others that could also use some adjustment.

I still haven't had a chance to look at the game play for this map. I am still working on the realm of honored players map.

So please don't start doing capitals until I get back to you about game play. One question I do have is, are these regions set in stone? are they based on regions in the books or can any of the territories be moved into another region?
Thorpe wrote:
regions are based on the book..sorry
yes I will adjust the text
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
nikeboix69 wrote:
I’m not really too sure about the The Twins and The Eyrie situation.

Again I’m not an expert of the show/books but here would be my pick for the capitals for the regions. Also does every region need 1 capital? I think some can do without if any and some can use 2 capitals if possible.

White = Runestown (just a guess but doesn’t really need one)
dark Green = Giant’s Stairs (just a guess but doesn’t really need one)
bright Green = Thenn (just a guess but doesn’t really need one)
Blueish Green = Stony Shore (just a guess but doesn’t really need one)
Dark Blue = Torrhen’s Square (Actually part of the Stark/North Kingdom but is important enough to be a capital if needed one)
Light Blue = The Neck (A vital part of access according to the show so this would be my capital pick)
Pink = Winterfell (Definitely needs to be the capital! I wish Castle black was part of Dark Purple or something else since it can easily stand as a capital or can there be 2 capitals in one region?)
Bright Purple = Old Castle(just a guess and sounds important enough)
Dark Purple = East Watch (just a guess but doesn’t really need one)
Greyish Blue = The Eyrie (Definitely a capital)
Greyish Green = The Twins (Definitely a capital)
Redish Brown = Lannisport (Casterly Rock which should be the capital is missing from this region, its just to the north of Lannisport, Lannisport is like the second city of the Lannister/West Kingdom. There definitely needs to be a capital here though and this would be it if its not Casterly Rock. Also Pyke in itself is an island kingdom, can this be a second capital of this region like Winterfell and Castleblack for one region?)
Greyish Pink = King’s Landing (Definitely needs to be the capital since its where the King‘s castle is hehe)
Yellow = Storm’s End (Definitely a Capital)
Orange = Sunspear (I’m not up to the latter books but according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorne#Dorne)
Green = High garden (Definitely needs to be a capital)

Also there is suppose to be a giant wall separating Whitetree and Hardhome(North side of wall) from Queen’s crow. Castle Black, and East Watch(South side of the wall). I see a river separating it and its fine cause that would be the barrier but if I’m being anal about it, it would be like the great wall of China thing. I know there is access from Castle Black to the North but I’m not sure if East Watch does have access to the North as well.

I hope these all help.
Thorpe wrote:
Yes I know of the wall but for game-play I kept it out...read some of the comments before at the beginning of this thread and middle...heck read it all!
LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Thorpe, Im very sorry to start again about the bridges. They are super awesome and I love them. But some of them have a weird white pixel on them - best visible on the one in the white region, but some of the others have it as well.

All the rest is really very good!!!

And nikeboy, capitals are not geographic places, but its a gametype.
(When you play a capital game, you dont have to conqueror all of the opponents territories, but just his capital, and he is defeated (resulting in you getting all his other territories with armeis and cards....))
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Thorpe wrote:
I have told him about the capitals and he now wants to play them!

You and your bridges!
Thorpe wrote:
I have told him about the capitals and he now wants to play them!

You and your bridges!
lol
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Now are the bridges fixed?
Vexer wrote:
could you move the text for saltpans (purple region in the middle) to the left one pixel and starfell (orange region) to the right two or three pixels?
Matty wrote:
Yay Thorpe, they are perfect, absolutely wonderful!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8886/westerosi.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Names changed and really matty thank-you for the time you spend looking at the maps....so glad you are here!
Matty wrote:
Lol, thank you for making maps that are so nice to look at (not to mention playing on them) :)
Matty is online.
PsymonStark wrote:
A little question... The anchor between Stony Shore and Sea Dragon Point, belongs to which of them?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.