A map based on the books
  • 313 posts
  • Page 4 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
The white is the frozen wasteland and is uncharted in the movie and the books...another color like what for snow and ice?

The twins ...I did look at that area and have to agree ...just don't know what to do with it ...will look at it again.

The texture you are talking about is the plains or dry area in Westeros...Sawshorn & Kings landings and with the green not sure...but will look at it

Nice and in-depth comments...my hats off to you and thank you a lot for looking!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
That indeed is a good reason for using the colour white ;)
I don't know how others think about using that colour, but if most ppl don't see it as a problem you should keep using it i think.

My problem with the regions in which Sawhorns and Kings landings lay is not the texture, but the colour (compared to the background colour of the map and the colour of the green region below)

Youre welcome and goodluck fixing things, I would love to try a couple of games on this one!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5931/westeros.jpg[/IMG]][/url]

Ok fixed the river in "The Twins" and moved some of the names and the circles...now I will wait for more comments from other people.

Hoping and praying that I did not miss things..but I do not have the fancy screen like Vexer...so we will see.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Hmmz, look again at the text from Three towers - its not so much for the placing, but more for the visibility that i mentioned that one.

Twins territory looks better, though the river-around-rock lost its "current feeling". It looks more like a lake-around-island now, which is a bit weird.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
complain and then some more...Island...LOL.
If the text needs fixing Fendi will do that on the final...so not to worry...when I import it to paint.net it changes it a little.
Plus the connections...Vexer will change those also.
Vexer wrote:
Fendi, the text in the three towers looks like it has a bevel. can you double check that the settings are the same as the other labels?

the compass doesn't match the style of the map. the only style of compass that will work is one that looks like it was drawn on the paper like the old compass.

more comments later
Thorpe wrote:
I can not get the pixels right on the compass you gave me so no compass...unless you want it on the map then I guess I might have to get help on it.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5803/westerosd.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

The outline was redone.
River fixed in The Twins.

Now what?
Thorpe wrote:
Is this map done or what? Rude not to say something after I put so much time into it and got chewed out for not addressing, or making a comment about some of the issues. Then nothing....

Hello Vexer! say at least something. Busy...it sucks...look at it later...anything...need input here.
zzzzzzzz
I feel like I am a redheaded step-child here with every other map getting comments from you but mine. Not trying to be rude but hey!

Vexer wrote:
i looked at it yesterday but didn't have time to comment. I commented on the other maps today because they showed up as unread. I forgot that this one had been updated.

You do know that I work 10-12 hours shifts right?
I also just built a new computer and am busy setting it up. I can't do any work until I get my files moved over and my programs installed.

The outline looks better.

I think I may have a better idea for the mini map. Please send me the file so I can try it out.

It will be awhile until i can get to the connectors. First I have to make the changes matty suggested to TOR, then i need to get things set up for it to be inputted. I also need to update the rules for Holt.
Thorpe wrote:
busy ...busy...and busy...that is why you get the big bucks!
Matty wrote:
For as far as I know its sort of done I think, for the looks at least

Having a different minimap would be nice. Maybe change the colours of two regions with kings landing and sows horn in them a little bit, but if you think they are fine you should leave them what they are
Pntbttr wrote:
I think you need to work on the bridges again...You changed them to much...it looks like the bridge is missing a wall/railing thingy...

I think you should add a little bit of texture to the white region...

Still not sure if I like the connection lines...

The mini map looks kinda squashed...I think you should add some kinda border around it too...

map looks a little empty in bottom left corner, maybe it's just me...

I see some white pixels in the Bite and Milkwater...

Can Stony Shore attack Deepwood?

I really don't like gameplay because there are 7 regions with 5 or more borders...and then you have the blueish-green region with 2 borders, now that I have looked at it more I would say make the blueish-green region +1...I don't like that you have such hard regions to defend though...