Bug bug bug and whatelse?
  • 260 posts
  • Page 1 of 18
supiachao wrote:
Base on game https://dominating12.com/game/603164

There might be a bug in the dice, the dice are horrible.
Instead of getting to see 5 dice roll each click, (3 attackers vs 2 defenders), all I get on my screen is 1 die showing random number then before I know what is going on I just lost troops.

Sorry that I didn't provide screenshot, I died.
supiachao wrote:
Also, I suppose non premium members get 3 free game a day, but it still asking for tokens when I want to join a game.

I tried once around 2200 server time, and it is now 0014 (the next day), I still need tokens to join a game.
The_Bishop wrote:
I confirm the issue with dice.

Defender has greatly ahead!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Clarke wrote:
13 Jan, 00:49:42
Haiti (Valhalla) attacked Guantanamo (Clarke) conquering it, killing 3, losing 17.
Hoodlum wrote:

LOBBY FEEDBACK AND BUGS

long term sametime settings have changed - Only an hour to play once started where as, we use to have 24 hours. (game play change)

During the migration change - game settings for a sametime unlimited game became an unlimited adjacent game (bug)

Dice were particularly horrible, thought it was anormal one off, but I see others have been posting (?)

other feedback from the lobby chat -

Axobongo: i predict problems with endphase and end turn being the SAME button!!,, this will cause accidents, lag and accidental double clicking!!! alert!! alert!!

Axobongo: note,, resigned players are still getting turns, 3 minute wait for ghosts who cant move

13 Jan, 00:39
supiachao: currently there is a bug
13 Jan, 00:40
supiachao: every game cost tokens for non premium

13 Jan, 00:34
clydesdale444: I KEEP TRYING TO CLICK THE TOP MIDDLE ONES
13 Jan, 00:35
clydesdale444: MAYBE MAKE THAT SECTION WHERE YOU HAVE THE ACTION BUTTONS
13 Jan, 00:35
Valhalla: Haha...I did the same
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Dice don't work properly, the game's got a completely different strategy!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Axobongo wrote:
1.please, the end phase button becoming the end turn button is of utmost importance to change, to separate them .  consider the accidental double click, or occasional slow mo double click that can come about via lag, , or fatigue. ( i have accidentally prematurely clicked out of my turn even in the old format , its easy to do)

2. consider the avoid list , ''...and you will be kicked automatically if they join a game you're not the creator of'' , this is obviously a recipe for animosity, when people who you have a problem with can push you out of your spot after you have been waiting .

The trolls, stalkers, vindictive , jerks, etc, ie. those who we typically add to our Avoid list, will love that power. its a set up for abuse.

When i want to join a game, and i can't because an avoidlist person is there, i shrug and say ''fair enough'' ... first come first serve,, i'll find another..
But if i am first in, waiting 10-20-45 minutes, ( i have waited 2 hours for a game),, and we are chatting away with friendly folks there,, and i get booted because some person i put on my avoid list , because they are psycho trollish, pushes me out,, i say ''UnFaiR!!'' its injustice.

i understand the original reason its set up this way,, i consider it one of those attempts with good intentions that went awry, first come first serve is a universal understanding,,  . To accomplish what i think was wanted in this set up, you have to consider these extra programming jobs:
A) if a game creator accidentally times out, and has to rejoin their game, do they then become a joiner status?
B) If an invited person accidentally times out, are they then changed from 'invited' status, to random joiner status?
C) invited being shown preference , no matter which who are on an avoid list.
D) the friends list interaction. This could resolve the problem, if the medium ground is between first come and first serve - and- the game creator invited a friend on ones avoid list gets the right of way
E) a prompt may need to come up to ask the game creator to decide which of the 2 get to stay?

Why complicate it? first come first serve is easier to accept, more universally understood,, booting someone waiting should be so rare its limited to those rare occasions two buddies really ant to play together,, ( i would be able to accept getting booted easier because i could rationalize i dont like games where two buddies are in them, anyways)

Finally, i wonder if its intentional to encourage people to -not- put people on avoid list?    ...if this is the case, its easy to predict enemies will be in games more often together,, more murder-suicide, more uncomfortable bickering and hatespeech in games.

if a friends list is the only thing that can override a first come first serve system between avoiders, it could be barely palatable , yet slightly easier to accept, and still a horror if one has been waiting in a game for over 10 minutes

3. thanks for the server clock in game!!! :) however, i hope it gets relocated to show on every D12 page, i promise you it will reduce traffic of page jumping

4. i hope that 3-5-7- dial image is temporary,, sorry, its kinda cool for a short period, but the Artist in me had to say something, doesnt seem a good use of space, and isnt aesthetic enough to do that

~ i hope these are constructive suggestions at this juncture.
 My compliments to the chefs and respect for all the hard work.
i am confident things will get smoother and look forward to the growth.~

Axobongo wrote:
haha, it seems i cant 'edit/ modify' my message a second time... anyways, around my point C).. i might have added someone inviting could get a pop up note if they invite someone on the avoid list of someone in game. But i still think its better if that invite just doesnt go through because someone in-game avoids them. Waiting is being in-game, isntit? maybe the unstarted game, but still they are in.

5. i should take this opportunity to mention my profound hopes that a warning sound will manifest around 20 seconds before we time-out during waiting for the game we are in to start
DamoreNemesis wrote:
New bug - if you go to a fog of war game without being logged in, you can see the overall troop totals and turn pulls for everyone. You can't see the actual troop placements or who holds what territory, but you can see all the information usually shown in the bottom left of the screen.
Axobongo wrote:
6. note: game creating should be incentivised somehow, no? like if you want to play a 4th game , you lose less tokens if you are the creator?
supiachao wrote:
Game with zero players lingering on the main page.
[image]

Does that means if you don't leave game on purpose the game do not die?

Is the image not showing also another bug?
Pretty sure I do that correctly.
Axobongo wrote:
7. animation numbers , which have a use, would be easier to read if they just fazed in and out instead of moving, but movement is nice, so other animations would be nice ,, ie, shots fired between territories? only winners shot? puffs of smoke? conquest raising of dust?

PS. edit/modifying these forum notes is really a short time window, i sadly typed an edit and it all got lost as i ran out of edit time, i guess (all this was an edit to post 10).  Also, to read what i meant easier in above points D) and E) , note i should have put a comma to separate the phrase '' get the right of way'' , in D)...  and in E) i said ''prompt'' but i meant ''pop-up''
Hoodlum wrote:
i created those games to float in the live room supia, while the site was in-active.

so games do still become void once left
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
supiachao wrote:
Game chat.

If you refresh a game page, the game chat is automatically showing the earliest chat instead of the latest chat like it used to.