Bug bug bug and whatelse?
  • 260 posts
  • Page 17 of 18
Hoodlum wrote:
site experienced some bad lag today for many. possible bug glitch for following game. cheekyteeky has sportingly paused her movement to save game and for an admin to look at. referring to a programmer. I have added time.

https://dominating12.com/game/613274

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
Matty wrote:
I can't see what exactly glitches here. The game chat also says nothing.

Sure, orange has 1 troop on his cap and loads away from it, and then ended his turn, but is that because he stupidely pressed the end turn button? Or is it because 'something', whatever that may be, went wrong...

Sorry, I can't do anything with this.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
618646, 618644

might not be an accident. couple more games with similar scenario

Maybe a combination of lag, and the attack/end turn interface design is causing players to accidently end turn. I know when I get lag, i make sure i refresh ever time i occupy a new territory
Hoodlum is online.
real77 wrote:
real77
Dcs597
I think this might be a bug. I've heard others have had the same problem, but I can't find a solution. I can't create password protected games even though I don't have any active games. It says that I have reached the limit of password protected games at a time.
i still have this problem also

still can't create password protected games.
Dcs597 wrote:
real77
real77
Dcs597
I think this might be a bug. I've heard others have had the same problem, but I can't find a solution. I can't create password protected games even though I don't have any active games. It says that I have reached the limit of password protected games at a time.
i still have this problem also

still can't create password protected games.

neither can i
Matty wrote:
@Real: you currently have game 607515 open, which is a password game. You can only have one password game at a time created by yourself.

Edit: Aaaaah, you left that game. Nevermind, I'll fix it.

Edit 2 This should be fixed now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
I have experienced some glitches in the re-open option. ( Game 626070 )

Once re-opened the game doesn't show in the live lobby, nor is listed in my pending games, and even the "Still here" box is missing.
Tryed Ctrl+F5 several times without success.

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Thanks for telling me, looking at it now.

Edit: Should be fixed now, tell me if it's not working again... sigh, I'm stupid.
TheMachiavelli wrote:
@Matty, Cireon: there is a bug which happens sometimes on same time, when two players are trying to kill an enemy capital at the same time. The log would show both players defeated said player - but of course only one gets the reinforcements. I never gave this much thought, but after reading more from Matty on how the backend works now, it sounds like this shouldn't be possible.

Matty
To ensure there are no weird glitches in, say, same time games, there is a block on the database per game. So only one player can conqueror a territory at the time. If two players try to attack a territory (in the same game) at the same time, then one of them will have to wait x time (not sure what that x is), and then try again (if then someone is attacking, he ...)). This should not change anything for normal games, but same timers (like you) will probably notice this when the server is stressed already.

I've seen this happen a bunch of times. For instance in this game from yesterday:

https://dominating12.com/game/634804

18 Apr, 10:10:53 am Trevor was defeated by TheMachiavelli.
18 Apr, 10:10:53 am Trevor was defeated by descarado.
Hoodlum wrote:
game 639258

(8 player caribbean dm)
lots of lag.

changed to 24 hour game. (was live)

clock timer stopped at 00 (Shows at 00 for everyone) on @sygmassacres turn it shows going up.
same thing happening for @outlaw.

got an error message when trying to cancel the game.

came right after some several minutes. then could cancel.
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
not sure if it's connected to any new changes made..but in a live game when you join, the choose colour doesn't disappear, while the game has started. needs a refresh for it to disappear
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
https://dominating12.com/game/695343

first time seeing a glitch like this. weird

i quickly went to fortification mode. (unlimited) and fortified to mongolia as my opponent was attacking it. it ended up with me fortifying his troops.
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
wow, happened twice in one day https://dominating12.com/game/695351

same scenario - fortified my men in siam as opponent was attacking it. and it ended up fortifying him
Hoodlum is online.
elysium5 wrote:
That sounds like an old same time glitch. I remember that one.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."