Bug bug bug and whatelse?
  • 260 posts
  • Page 11 of 18
SpamFree wrote:
The Live Game Chat time is still rather annoying:( (no hurry as it is not very important)
Spoiler with screencap showing my clock issue:
Spoiler (click to show)

Gameplay is still horribly slow at times on PC.
I hear the mobile option is faster, so almost makes me wish I still had a smartphone:(

Incidentally, is there any plan to restore original Join Dates? The inaccurate Join Date for nearly every user is exceedingly annoying:C

Matty wrote:
@SpamFree:
I'll add a few pixels for the lobby date and time (but are you sure you tried to clear your cache?).

Yes, fixing the join dates is on the todo list. It doesn't have a huge priority IMO, so have a little bit of patience, it'll be done and we have all the data.

@PsymonStark: The part about the chat being deleted helps :) Will fix it at some point.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
ah are you using chrome @spam? I remember mine was like that on the beta site, i think i did a browser history clearout and it came right, where as it displayed normally on firefox. i assume it's a browser thing
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
SpamFree wrote:
Matty
@SpamFree:
I'll add a few pixels for the lobby date and time (but are you sure you tried to clear your cache?).

Yes, fixing the join dates is on the todo list. It doesn't have a huge priority IMO, so have a little bit of patience, it'll be done and we have all the data.
I am using Firefox 43.0.4 and used the Options> Advanced> Network> Cached Web Content menu within to clear cache but time remains the same. Is there another clearing I may be missing? (I've also often done Ctrl+F5)

I am Glad to hear the Join Date issue will be eventually fixed:thumbs:

Matty wrote:
Nope, you very effectively cleared the cache.

I gave you two more pixels, if you Ctrl-F5 in the lobby, does the chat time still have too little space?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
SpamFree wrote:
Matty
Nope, you very effectively cleared the cache.

I gave you two more pixels, if you Ctrl-F5 in the lobby, does the chat time still have too little space?
Sadly, still no joy on the Live Game chat time:
Spoiler (click to show)

Maybe if image had smaller margin, maybe by 1/2, like 5px? and extend chat space the extra 10px for times etc.? Or narrower image? Or remove image in favor of clock? ;)

Well, I'm not sure why it is still hosed, but I am sure you'll get it eventually:thumbs:

There still are bigger fish to fry;)

Also, though I like Long term game filter, I wish I could filter out games with Min. or Max. rating and maybe by number of players, as well.

Matty wrote:
Hmm, your screenshot is downsized a bit right? Not 100% I hope.

Either way, I gave you a total of 10 pixels extra (I moved the chat to the right). If this is not enough, then there are other issues.
SpamFree wrote:
Matty
Hmm, your screenshot is downsized a bit right? Not 100% I hope.

Either way, I gave you a total of 10 pixels extra (I moved the chat to the right). If this is not enough, then there are other issues.
That wasn't the whole screen, but i think it resized to fit forum (or when uploaded), so smaller scale. Original image was 1340x231.
Thanks, that did it, as now all of date/time are on the same corresponding line:thumbs: (Hopefully, that will be enough for any times to fit)

BTW, even typing is slow here these days, periodically (or my PC is too old and decrepit or maybe a bit of both;)).

SpamFree wrote:
Uh oh, new issue with layout in games...
It appears the "Cards: Advanced Capped" bar thingy is too low on screen, so as to be just fully visible. Also, approximately 1/8 of the bottom of the timer is hidden.
As seen here:
Spoiler (click to show)
Viewing in expanded window, resized window or full screen had no effect.

BTW, I don't like the new Invite link window's "playing" so inviting disabled:C I certainly want to be invited to games even if in others, as then I will have a list from which to choose when one of the current games ends. Perhaps it could be a profile-specific setting? (It seems the Invite text box disregards "playing" status:thumbs: )
(Also, Invite link would be better if it opened in new tab;) )

SpamFree wrote:
Also, Recent Activity date is similarly hosed, still.
(Incidentally, how far back does "Recent Activity" go? My list is 4 items long. I always thought it was far too few before. I wish it would go back, maybe 30 days.)

I wish the Notifications never disappeared (at least not automatically) from the Notifications page, even if popup goes away:(

Just heard Time running out sound for no apparent reason o_O

15 minutes is too short for editing Forum posts:(

SpamFree wrote:
In game 606513:
23 Jan, 22:52:38 lazer36 ended the turn.
23 Jan, 22:52:38 lazer36 received a card.
23 Jan, 22:52:28 Guantanamo (lazer36) was reinforced by lazer36 with 6 troops.
23 Jan, 22:52:22 lazer36 received 6 troops for turning in cards Juve, Miami, and Juventud.
23 Jan, 22:52:11 Haiti (lazer36) occupied Guantanamo with 24 troops.
23 Jan, 22:52:09 Haiti (lazer36) attacked Guantanamo (Neutral) conquering it, killing 3, losing 3.
23 Jan, 22:51:59 Haiti (lazer36) was reinforced by lazer36 with 5 troops.
23 Jan, 22:51:36 lazer36 received 2 troops for holding D. Rep.
23 Jan, 22:51:36 lazer36 received 3 troops for 5 territories.
23 Jan, 22:51:36 lazer36 started the turn.
23 Jan, 22:51:27 Round 6 started.
lazer36 turned in cards at end of his turn o_O

The_Bishop wrote:
In create game interface I see all maps correctly displaying cap' locations but Solar System.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
@spamFree, I can't remember but did you ever upgrade your 1024x768 monitor. Cause a low res monitor might cause spacing issues.
SpamFree wrote:
Vexer
@spamFree, I can't remember but did you ever upgrade your 1024x768 monitor. Cause a low res monitor might cause spacing issues.
Current resolution is 1920 x 1080, so i don't think that is the issue;)
BTW, earlier time in Live Game chat was messed up again (maybe an hour or two ago), but is working fine again;)
Edit: had messed up chat time still shown in an open tab:
Spoiler (click to show)

Also, 15 minutes isn't long enough for Who's Online, nor Invite page. I would suggest an hour, since a 9-player, 5 minute-turns game could conceivably go 45 minutes or longer (with Add Time) between turns.

I really do miss the Skill Level:(

Also, I was thinking that the filter in Long Term Game lobby should have options to filter by map, as well.

I, again, heard the Time running out sound for no apparent reason in another game earlier. It may have been after I was already dead, but I don't recall for certain o_O

Everything still often slow:(

I had meant to post this earlier but got sidetracked. I think that was all for now, but may think of something else in 16 minutes or so;)

The_Bishop wrote:
@Spam, there's a sound alert 15 seconds before leaving a pending game for not clicking "still here".
I think it is the "no reason" alert sound you hear sometimes. I admit it is helpful but I also got a bit disoriented the first times.
Perhaps giving it a tone slighly different from the in-game alert sound may work.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein