Bug bug bug and whatelse?
  • 260 posts
  • Page 8 of 18
Matty wrote:
The end turn bug is a known one, it's hard to pin down, but once a new round starts it should end the game for you.

The thing with not getting the continent bonus is really weird, we'll look at it.

Edit @ Cireon: It seems to be a cache bug.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Sygmassacre wrote:
Removed by Matty - thanks a lot for posting, but better to keep your game information a secret :) I have saved the post for myself.
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
SpamFree wrote:
Well, that's useless :C

Sadly, I have yet to see anything that has changed for the better and this gives me a sneaking suspicion it is about to become Intolerably Worse :C
It was a good run...:C

Hoodlum wrote:
Strategery said:
20 Jan 2016, 04:48 am
Hi,

Can you help with a big I just found? It looks like when I attack a neutral territory with only 1 defending troop left, successful rolls result in an error message, but unsuccessful rolls work fine, causing me to lose armies. It is happening now in game
https://dominating12.com/game/568336

Thanks.

Stratergy
Hoodlum said:
20 Jan 2016, 04:54 am
i can extend the turn time for you, and I will pass this on to a programmer.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Some good reports for the boys :thumbs:

20 Jan, 07:42 am
supiachao: it is just me that it is much faster now to play on phone than it used to be?
20 Jan, 07:43 am
supiachao: i just take a lt on my phone and it is so fast, now i feel like i should play a live game on my phone.
20 Jan, 08:01 am
balladone1: lol, me too
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
Yep, I optimised the clientside code, which should make the game much faster, especially on browsers like mopbile ones.

The other bug I have a general idea of what is happening. Will look into it and fix as soon as possible.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
PsymonStark wrote:
Before, no cards games didn't display the card symbol next to the player names, now they do, but that make them more confusing, given that there are no cards in game. More likely for people to make mistakes.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Cireon wrote:
That is not trivial to fix because we have to deal with some special cases, but I'll see what I can do.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Cireon wrote:
I think I have fixed the bug in game 568336. I also reset to turn timer there to make sure there is enough time to fix the turn.
Cireon wrote:
Important:
I have uploaded code to log the victory condition checks in detail to help us debug the game not ending bug. If you see a game that does not end when it should (i.e. only at the end of the turn instead of immediately) then please send me a link to that game, so we can resolve this issue. Thanks.
Matty wrote:
SpamFree
Ehhh, not sure, but that's exactly how it was on the old site? The only thing that's changed is that the name points (or more accurate: battle points) is changed to rating.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
SpamFree wrote:
Matty
SpamFree
Ehhh, not sure, but that's exactly how it was on the old site? The only thing that's changed is that the name points (or more accurate: battle points) is changed to rating.

Without the old Skill Level it's too tedious to figure out to whom I should send invites to games. (That was my main, first-tier deciding factor, aside from some folks with whom I have regularly played:( ) Also, now that Join Date is all set to same date, there is even less useful info.

Also, the Invite link, that opened new page from which to invite online players, is gone. Will it be back soon? (This was the best new feature in the last year:()

Smaller setting caused map to disappear (but troops to remain) in one of my games:(

Is mandatory auto-rank coming soon? (If so, I need to know so I can finish my games before it arrives:C)

Matty wrote:
The invite link will be back soon - I planned it for tomorrow, maaaaybe even today.

Skill level was never a really good option - why not try.... RANK.
No really, it's less of a curse than you think :)

I don't think mandatory auto ranking will ever come, I don't like it myself :)

The map's smaller button issue is fixed - thanks for telling us!
SpamFree wrote:
Matty
The invite link will be back soon - I planned it for tomorrow, maaaaybe even today.

Skill level was never a really good option - why not try.... RANK.
No really, it's less of a curse than you think :)

I don't think mandatory auto ranking will ever come, I don't like it myself :)

The map's smaller button issue is fixed - thanks for telling us!
I'm Glad to hear Invite link will be back soon:D
Skill Level was a more less fickle indicator of play than rank, especially where inviting was concerned;)
I'm Very Glad to hear mandatory auto ranking is not on the horizon:thumbs:

Also, in Messages, instead of going to last page of messages when I click message, mine goes to second to last page now:(

Thanks for your continued assistance:pirate: