Game Thread
  • 318 posts
  • Page 1 of 22
Madagascarter wrote:
Welcome to the Game Thread for part 2 of The War of Moving Cities

I'm super excited for this game, I've put a lot of work into this game to try and make it as balanced and as fun as possible for everyone. I'm also going to try and make the Game Thread more accessible than for most games; that said I reserve the right to make mistakes, especially in Role PMs. It's 4843 words, which will probably be the length of my final report for my uni project, so if there is a typo, inconsistencies in capital letters, please ask me about it. And feel free to ask me any questions about your role PMs. The intro is going to be in more than one post because there actually is a maximum character limit for a post, which is disappointing, so things like, History, Game Mechanics, Game Rules and Game Tips will be on a separate post, but should be on the first page.

Players List/ Sorry guys there is no Elysium5 (click to show)
Beginning of Phase Links (click to show)
Important Announcements (click to show)
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Madagascarter wrote:
History Post
History of Part 1 (click to show)

Last time out the Green Storm led by General Naga defeated the tractionists in a war that led to the death of many people on both sides. General Naga, a hero led an army of Stalkers and his Green Storm Army and destroyed city after city, stripping them of their wheels, forcing the tractionists to surrender their beloved cities and live again on the treacherous earth. It's been 20 years since the green storm captured the last of the still moving tractionist settlement of Moscow on the great icy plains. Since then, Europe has begun to regrow. Forests have started to regrow in the deep trenches. Rare animals such as badgers, otters, hedgehogs and foxes have been spotted in the wild. Nature was really beginning to reclaim its hold. The world was really being made green again. A miracle and an amazing result for the Green Storm. Not that there hasn't been its struggles. General Naga was in charge the whole time. Some thought that anti-democratic and there were several violent protests and coups but according to General Naga, "Who could be better equipped to lead our people forward, than the man who led our people, against all the odd to gain this freedom. The people leading these coups are old Tractionists who want to destroy our people!" That wasn't completely true but most the people loved General Naga, some seeing him as deity and everyone, whether they were an old Tractionist or not, loved his wife Lady Naga who fought hard for rights of everyone, no matter their background. She was now doing her best to outlaw slavery, having been a slave herself (ironically to her own husband) but the slave trade was still at large in a secret network. She also wanted to destroy the Stalkers, but General Naga resisted her on that front as he had Stalker body guards. Enough about peace time though

Unknowst to the Green Storm several Tractionist settlements had escaped by sea, the largest of which being Rome. The cities decided that the best course of action would be to flee to the Dead Continent previously known as America using the late Nimrod's book on his discoveries there as a guide. He could be trustworthy as he did kill the legendary Stalker Fang! However it was soon discovered that, that particular piece of work was ficticious. Despite finding the books unhelpful, they did discover the America's to be much replenished from the toxic radioactive wasteland they had anticipated. There they rebuilt weapons and upgraded their cities to be the most menacing ever seen in the history of the earth. Operating as land and sea cities, they sailed their cities to the east Asian coast and begun a new reign of terror of Municipal Darwinism.

General Naga, is alarmed at this new threat and quickly raises an army to defeat this new threat from the east, while Lady Naga opens peace talks. What will be the outcome of this new battle or will everyone be losers?

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter wrote:
Mechanics Post

In this game we'll be bringing back many old mechanics from the previous game which I liked as well as reimagining mechanics I liked less.
Factions & Win Conditions (click to show)

A Coin System (click to show)
Stalkers (click to show)
Slaves (click to show)
The Assassin (click to show)

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter wrote:
Rules Post

Right usual mafia rules apply,
  • No Screenshots
    The moderator is always right
    No creating PM's without the moderators permission
    Try and keep track of your own money, and call me out on it if I make a mistake, I reserve that right
    Always play to win, the game could fall out of balance very quickly if you don't
    No Dead Talk, unless you are a Stalker
    No out of game communication about the game, just do it via the forums and approved Private Messages

Hints & Tips

A guide to faking your Role PM (click to show)

Other Hints (click to show)

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter wrote:
Assassin I forgot something (click to show)

With that out the way and a reminder that this game uses Summer (Day) and Winter (Night) phases instead of Day and Night let me get to sending the Role PMs

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter wrote:
Ok all Role PMs are out and you can talk now.

Apologies to Bluegoetz and Mac as your Role PM's have slightly different names to everyone elses. Just me being lazy.

You all have 1 coin, and if you like you can lynch Elysium5 for free this won't count to the Peace win condition..

SUMMER 0 has begun!

Summer 0 Countdown

Summer 2 Countdown

Jacob24 wrote:
I’m not really sure how to proceed in this game honestly… Past games the plan was always to make claims and weed out mafia but there isn’t really a mafia, just 2 dueling factions with some add ons.

Anyone have any suggestions?
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
2ofclubs wrote:
I am a little green to this game since I haven't read all the introductions. No hint implied
But the 1st post is a lynch vote. WOW
What if your bandwagon sticks and I am your doctor investigator etc.
So you know I don't crumble under pressure or use extravagant lies that only bite you at some point.
Let me get info like I always do & share it so you don't have to work so hard friends and foes.
"I have 3 win clauses."
"I am adored"
"All factions want me around"
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
Jacob24
I’m not really sure how to proceed in this game honestly… Past games the plan was always to make claims and weed out mafia but there isn’t really a mafia, just 2 dueling factions with some add ons.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Unlynch 2oC.
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i am present , active, studying, and trying to see how vocal i can be without drawing too much attention to myself so as to be an early target. however, getting killed early in this game does not mean you are eliminated - you just get another role/wc. i have no answers yet - just questions and speculations.
15 players = likely 5 in each major faction, Tractionist and Green Storm. then 5 others. some , maybe 3 in the Peaceful faction plus 2 neutrals ? so are there Peacefuls plus different neutrals?
Remember I know this is mainly Tractionist VS Green Storm but there are neutrals you need to think about
. mada did not mention peacefuls here - just lumped all remaining into neutrals. or there could be 6 and 6 w only 3 peaceful/neutrals. if only 3 who are not in the main factions - do they have a PM so that they can work together (kinda like mafia)? due to their smaller numbers
does somebody have the breakdown of factions from the last game like this?
Live long and prosper
Jacob24 wrote:
Mada did say this about the factions:
Madagascarter
There will be 3 main factions in this game. Tractionist, Green Storm and Peaceful. There will also be a few neutrals kicking around with miscellaneous win clauses. Players in the main 3 factions will all have a specific win clause.
Tractionist - Defeat the Green Storm
Green Storm - Defeat the Tractionists
Peaceful - Achieve Peace (2 lynch phases in a row where no lynch is selected or there is a tie)

I like the breakdown of 5, 5, 3, and 2 other neutrals. That makes the most sense to me.

In a PM before game started Mada said this to me:
Madagascarter
So Green Storm and Tractionists are both town, just opposing. There are no typical mafia in this game, there are a few neutrals that are evil and a peace faction, to be wary of though.
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024