• 1583 posts
  • Page 5 of 106
Crywolf wrote:
will be out of town tomorrow so i wont be active for a while. happy thanksgiving to any that also celebrates!
Rockbert wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving, Turkey Day, Non Turkey Day, and Eat a Cranberry Day to all. Fun fact, according to the encyclopedia Britannica, November 23rd 1963 was the first airing of Doctor Who . The show became quite popular, thus overshadowing several failed spinoff series, Nurse What, Phlebotomist Where, and Proctologist Why. :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Tennesseelogman wrote:
rock - there is a joke of the day forum. this forum is for serious, analytical, thought provocative, mafia exposing comments only. :)
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
KC321 wrote:
I suspect there are two dominators. One town and one mafia
2ofclubs wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving all♡
The game moderator has posted this reminder based on a Supporrt tab request of 'Expain rules".
Don't forget about sign up thread info as post #9.
♣︎♣︎
WRKD4IT
Jacob24 wrote:
KC321
I suspect there are two dominators. One town and one mafia
Isn't the whole point that there is only one though? IDK I'm just spitballing like Thick.
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Tennesseelogman wrote:
Isn't the whole point that there is only one though?
that's the way i took it since there are 18 roles and 14 players = that we would all have distinct and non-duplicated roles. but that also kinda makes sense.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
Rockbert wrote:
Tennesseelogman
the last game had only 3 mafia and went rather quickly so i suspect that there are 4 mafia and 2 or 3 neutral and 7 or 8 town.
logic dictates that we have a nightly shooter (maybe 2 = an even and an odd), an investigator, and a doc. maybe a distractor and an extra vote - but roles do not match w abilities.
mafia will have a nightly shooter and maybe an investigator or thief
neutral a shooter w a limited number of shots and a player that can influence other abilities in some way. the neutrals may have to find each other and work together or they might be told their group later on like the mafia or they work independently of each other

This all makes a lot of sense.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
KC321 wrote:
Maybe the dominators just come forward and then we can confirm if there are 1 or 2
Ryomyr wrote:
Tennesseelogman
Isn't the whole point that there is only one though?
that's the way i took it since there are 18 roles and 14 players = that we would all have distinct and non-duplicated roles. but that also kinda makes sense.

I suppose the question is, "how much noise is 2ofClubs making as he organizes and runs this game?"

By KC321's logic, why wouldn't there be 3 dominators?  Why wouldn't neutrals also get a dominator?

I lean toward distinct roles. I think we might be amplifying the noise here.
Jacob24 wrote:
KC321
Maybe the dominators just come forward and then we can confirm if there are 1 or 2
>Seems like a strange ask to me... Wouldn't knowing that there are repeated roles make it easier for the mafia to blend in? Mafia could then claim any role unchallenged because it would be possible to share roles.
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Rockbert wrote:
Feels like we are no closer to a unified town. Mafia is going to start picking us off soon.
- Thomas Mann
Jacob24 wrote:
What would you like to do about that Rock? I'm willing to put myself out there a bit because if we don't get going now, we'll get rolled through.
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Crywolf wrote:
Rockbert
Feels like we are no closer to a unified town. Mafia is going to start picking us off soon.
We do have the slight comfort that mafia wont know each other for a while and that there is no elimination(does that imply no lynching AND no killing?)
With the roles, I agree that there are non-duplicated roles, because whats the point with having more roles than players
The towns are gonna have to gather as much intel as possible for now and then we can defeat Mafia once all the protection wears off