• 1583 posts
  • Page 3 of 106
Jacob24 wrote:
Along the D12 lines, I assume there’s a fortification of some sort, probably an attack for townies, and maybe the cards come into play when mafia or town kills someone. Makes it more important to move quick before we get overrun.
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Ryomyr wrote:
Good point about the links!! That has to mean something!
Ryomyr is online.
Rockbert wrote:
I am not sure why my whole message was a quote. That's weird. Should have just been Tennessee's message that I quoted. The rest is my message:

These are all strong points, especially the idea of the investigator working quietly for a few phases. That could be crucial. This is definitely going to be harder with no PMs. I am not sure what to make of the 18 colors/18 roles vs 14 players yet. Could that be just classic Clubs misdirection? I don't know. Also, why did he include a link to each player's profile? Interesting, not sure if that means anything or not. I am also curious to know what others think of the layout of the Role PM.

The lines of the message are broken down like this:

Player number
Name
Role - your color, then character name, title, and number of cards, as well as the cards' color.

Anyone have thoughts on this? It may mean nothing I suppose, but I wonder.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Rockbert wrote:
Good points there Ryo and Jacob! Especially the thought that we should be careful sharing colors. Also, I like the thought Jacob posed about the line of attack and fortification. All good points I think we should keep in the front of our minds.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Crywolf wrote:
2ofclubs has told me that the cards and everything else will be clearer once ppl start using their abilities.
However, whats nagging me is that he told me that "with lucky dice & cards, your faction may win."
he implied that maybe the abilities are changeable, when he mentioned about good and bad dice drops, even in the intro post
Crywolf wrote:
so maybe that's why there are more role names and colors than actual players?
Jacob24 wrote:
Is it possible some mafia got multiple colors so they could throw us off later?
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Jacob24 wrote:
Rockbert
I am not sure why my whole message was a quote. That's weird. Should have just been Tennessee's message that I quoted. The rest is my message:

These are all strong points, especially the idea of the investigator working quietly for a few phases. That could be crucial. This is definitely going to be harder with no PMs. I am not sure what to make of the 18 colors/18 roles vs 14 players yet. Could that be just classic Clubs misdirection? I don't know. Also, why did he include a link to each player's profile? Interesting, not sure if that means anything or not. I am also curious to know what others think of the layout of the Role PM.

Player number
Name
Role - your color, then character name, title, and number of cards, as well as the cards' color.

My Number and name are on the same line so I’m not sure…
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Jacob24 wrote:
Madagascarter
@2ofClubs in day 1 will we be able to lynch someone?
He said no elims first 3 phases so if assume no
Tennesseelogman, 2024
2ofclubs wrote:
Madagascarter
@2ofClubs in day 1 will we be able to lynch someone?
See game opening statement.
♣︎♣︎
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Madagascarter wrote:
So the strat is stall out, try and find out as much information as we can (inspections and stuff) while we are all invincible and by that point, we’d have a lot of information if we combine it
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Anaxagore wrote:
Ryomyr
Rockbert
notoriouspat
Anyone have an ability to do "team chat" or something? Maybe since Dom12 themed, this might be a feature. If so, best we can do and grab a few in that chat and compare some WC or abilities? Just spitballing here

Good idea. I wonder if that is an ability considering this would be the "game chat" right? so there must be a team chat.

I like TNL's initial thoughts about how the colors break down.  I asked Clubs if it was a "mapless" game, to which he replied yes, but I can't help thinking that he has some sort of map in mind when conceiving the game. For example, what if his idea for the faction breakdowns was based on a irl game of 1v1?  That concept would imply that we have and even split of Town/Mafia/Neutral. 

He said it was going to be a three team game (memory here), so I think town might be careful sharing colors at the beginning. There might only be 5-6 of us and not all of the standards colors will be town. In short, I think is highly unlikely for there to be 9 town in total.  

This post stinks too much information. I'm lynching you tomorrow
ThickTalon wrote:
Jacob24
Rockbert

Player number
Name

My Number and name are on the same line so I’m not sure…

Hmm.....Rock this is not how my role is laid out either, similar but not the same.
ThickTalon wrote:
In my chat with Clubs it seems that our :
  • Number
  • Color
  • Role
  • Number and color of cards

All mean something, but he did say that he wouldn't elaborate on how they fit into game mechanics. I would suspect that numbers / Colors / Etc. will be included in investigations without maybe giving full information about a player.

Like I said in the beginning, "be mindful of your thoughts they betray you" watch what information we are giving out.