• 1583 posts
  • Page 2 of 106
Jacob24 wrote:
I've got a singular win condition as well. I assume most "multi" conditions would be neutral roles?
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Jacob24 wrote:
ThickTalon
Should we try to decifer and separate roles Into potential town/neutral/mafia ?
Clubs specifically said that names aren't associated with faction or ability but could be worth a go.
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Crywolf wrote:
Madagascarter
Anyone have multiple win clauses as said in the PM? I only have one.
ditto clubs also gave me 1 WC
and I agree with Not, we need to do the best we can before the mafia is able to group themselves
Tennesseelogman wrote:
my typical style of play is to try and organize town through PMs slowly gaining and earning trust. this is going to be difficult w no PMs allowed.
if anybody has the ability to call a secret board meeting or something like it - please include me. (perhaps clubs took a page out of the Riverside game)
it seems that
Mafia may not know each other until 5th phase but this Condition is subject to use of abilities, players skill and luck[/quote] - so i read this as mafia do not yet know each other but will in a few days - - i wonder how many neutrals there are and if they similarly do not know each other yet but soon will under certain conditions - and are they independent of each other or not. for clubs to call them a faction indicates more than 1 and that they will win together.
town must have and investigator but how is he to let others know the results of his investigation w/o outing himself and putting a target on his back? perhaps the safest way to to keep quiet for 2-3 investigation phases, then reveal himself and his results up to that point, and we have our town doc block him from a night kill and then see who votes to lynch him.
i am certainly up for any ideas
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
Jacob24
Rockbert
Chiming in here as I used the wrong forum just now. Looking forward to this, thanks Clubs!
Hmmmm. Wrong forum you say? IDK about that...

Yes, I replied in the sign up thread before, then realized that this was the game thread. Not that mysterious.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Rockbert wrote:
I too received a single win clause, kill mafia. Town here, ready to help and communicate. I assume mafia will be pretty powerful once they are able to communicate, even before that they could have a few players with powerful abilities to pick us off.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Ryomyr wrote:
I'm here. I'm town. I did the reading. I don't understand.
2ofclubs wrote:
12 hours since disbursement of troops. Some have hunkered down in fear, some company's are trying to find their captain with the marching orders, some have been cut off from communicating, a few appear to be in chaos - while others are calm-cool-collecting. The upside is nobody's has step on a mine or died. 
The forecast for the night is clear with a fool moon but dont let your guard down and continue to prep while there is daylight. As the saying goes "keep your friends close and your foes closer".
Moderator hours are generally 15:00 to 08:30 server time
WRKD4IT
anuorre wrote:
Playing too. Read a portion, thus far quite confusing.

I vote to #LYNCH 2oC
elysium5 wrote:
This should be fun and as per usual, everyone is claiming town again!
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
notoriouspat wrote:
Anyone have an ability to do "team chat" or something? Maybe since Dom12 themed, this might be a feature. If so, best we can do and grab a few in that chat and compare some WC or abilities? Just spitballing here
Rockbert wrote:
notoriouspat
Anyone have an ability to do "team chat" or something? Maybe since Dom12 themed, this might be a feature. If so, best we can do and grab a few in that chat and compare some WC or abilities? Just spitballing here

Good idea. I wonder if that is an ability considering this would be the "game chat" right? so there must be a team chat.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Rockbert wrote:
Tennesseelogman
my typical style of play is to try and organize town through PMs slowly gaining and earning trust. this is going to be difficult w no PMs allowed.
if anybody has the ability to call a secret board meeting or something like it - please include me. (perhaps clubs took a page out of the Riverside game)
it seems that
Mafia may not know each other until 5th phase but this Condition is subject to use of abilities, players skill and luck[/quote] - so i read this as mafia do not yet know each other but will in a few days - - i wonder how many neutrals there are and if they similarly do not know each other yet but soon will under certain conditions - and are they independent of each other or not. for clubs to call them a faction indicates more than 1 and that they will win together.
town must have and investigator but how is he to let others know the results of his investigation w/o outing himself and putting a target on his back? perhaps the safest way to to keep quiet for 2-3 investigation phases, then reveal himself and his results up to that point, and we have our town doc block him from a night kill and then see who votes to lynch him.
i am certainly up for any ideas

These are all strong points, especially the idea of the investigator working quietly for a few phases. That could be crucial. This is definitely going to be harder with no PMs. I am not sure what to make of the 18 colors/18 roles vs 14 players yet. Could that be just classic Clubs misdirection? I don't know. Also, why did he include a link to each player's profile? Interesting, not sure if that means anything or not. I am also curious to know what others think of the layout of the Role PM.

The lines of the message are broken down like this:

Player number
Name
Role - your color, then character name, title, and number of cards, as well as the cards' color.

Anyone have thoughts on this? It may mean nothing I suppose, but I wonder.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Ryomyr wrote:
Rockbert
notoriouspat

Good idea. I wonder if that is an ability considering this would be the "game chat" right? so there must be a team chat.

I like TNL's initial thoughts about how the colors break down.  I asked Clubs if it was a "mapless" game, to which he replied yes, but I can't help thinking that he has some sort of map in mind when conceiving the game. For example, what if his idea for the faction breakdowns was based on a irl game of 1v1?  That concept would imply that we have and even split of Town/Mafia/Neutral. 

He said it was going to be a three team game (memory here), so I think town might be careful sharing colors at the beginning. There might only be 5-6 of us and not all of the standards colors will be town. In short, I think is highly unlikely for there to be 9 town in total.