Game Thread!
  • 595 posts
  • Page 5 of 40
Anaxagore wrote:
If your role is important, don't share it. Period.

Only once you have some info you can begin to think about it.
Anaxagore wrote:
Moreover we're not in a set up where exchanging Pms can help us corner scums.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hey guys, checking in after a glorious weekend in the real world ^^ sorry for not being active so far.

Initial thoughts from the thread:
- theme is crazy. Expect many weird and wonderful night actions because this is Mada's style (just FYI Madagascarter is my brother, but don't worry, we don't talk about mafia games apart from through PM here). Tbh I wouldn't be surprised to see dead players being able to do stuff, it is a haunted house after all.... Also, so many hostile players (6) implies Town has lots of important night actions / abilities. Just my instincts talking here, but I can't help but think I'm right.
- thread is a mess of confusion from which a few interesting things can be assumed/concluded.
- Ely claims strong town. Wants to be cleared by inspector, which suggests he's honestly a townie. Unless he has some crazy ability that kills those who inspect him, or an ability where he appears town when inspected. Many possibilities, time will tell if he's lying or not.
- Rockbert has been cursed. This is clearly very important info for town. No idea what it means yet though. But we need to be aware of it. If anyone has been told they understand Latin in their role PM, maybe you could PM Rockbert and work things out. Just a hunch but it seems plausible.
- Tennessee, Anax, Hood, 2ofClubs talking and deflecting in the thread, fairly inconclusive in my humble opinion.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Usually I vote an inactive player on day 1, but since I was the inactive this time I don't think I can ethically do that. I'll probably go for no lynch for now since it's such a confusing theme/situation.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Tennessee, since mafia and neutrals have fake PMs, "trust groups" are simply an opportunity for mafia to find out which townies they should kill, while also giving them the opportunity to feed us confusing or false information about their own roles
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

FireSword wrote:
There is a lot of talk, spreading lots of confusion...
I seam to be a lowly town person, with a fairly weak ability... If there is an investigator, feel free to investigate me!
Ready4war wrote:
Does anyone know where my dad Barry is? Or my electronic kit?
We will not appreciate water until the well runs dry -Benjamin Franklin
Ready4war is online.
FireSword wrote:
#lynch Hoodlum
Reason being he is quite trigger happy, apparently because @Tennessee has a similar role to him, which appears to be neutral? 
Also, I am on Tennessee's side, where sharing information in general will likely help the villagers more than the mafia. I have agreed to share info with Tennessee via PM (I have not yet shared my info with him yet, as I only just replied to his PM request)

Ready4war wrote:
If anyone has the name Barry message me. Or if you have an electronic kit I know how to use it
We will not appreciate water until the well runs dry -Benjamin Franklin
Ready4war is online.
elysium5 wrote:
I still stand by my suggestion to inspect me and save me first night. That will begin a proper trust circle.

I do not need either to contact me first. They can do it after they confirm I am what I say I am.

I have told NO ONE anything about my role or wording, or name or hints, etc. other than to say I am village. This should help with the confirmation.

This plan works because the doc and the investigator can quickly be brought together but remain hidden from mafia/neutrals.

I previously said that I will likely die soon thereafter because as the public villager, taking me out is a guaranteed way to shrink/hold back the initial group but the fact remains that we, as village, can get it started right off the bat.

Anax earlier said that this is not my usual style and I agree, it is not, but I had/have heard enough players have a pretty elaborate role PM with some interesting abilities and while mine is pretty descriptive as well, it does not involve much for me to contribute ability-wise other than a lynch vote. No ghosts, no keys, no possible hidden meanings.

I figure that because I am not really worth much more than a lynch vote I would make good cannon fodder. People are going to die anyway and I probably have the least value down the road but if I can turn that into one good solid way to get the village core started right out of the gate, I thought why not? That will leave possibly more valuable villagers to bring the 'haunted' house down!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
FireSword
#lynch Hoodlum
Reason being he is quite trigger happy, apparently because @Tennessee has a similar role to him, which appears to be neutral? 
Also, I am on Tennessee's side, where sharing information in general will likely help the villagers more than the mafia. I have agreed to share info with Tennessee via PM (I have not yet shared my info with him yet, as I only just replied to his PM request)

oh hey firesword. i see that tennesseelogman introduced u to d12. welcome. if i take the lynch off him, will you unlynch me?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
oh, and hi remlburc. welcome. are you in this trust group too?
Hoodlum wrote:
ty virt for telling us that mada is your brother. respect.
Rockbert wrote:
#No lynch today. Still feel more information is needed.

Also, anyone who knows Latin or has the ability to lift a curse please contact me.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Tennesseelogman wrote:
since the deadline is 2am central time usa = it is not as likely we will get as many to change their votes at the last minute. maybe you west coast folks will be up but not me.
Live long and prosper