Game Thread!
  • 595 posts
  • Page 8 of 40
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Also even though this is pretty standard, Mada's post suggests we have a healer too which is good news.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
We should try and get a lynch going based on actual information, so guys if you have a night action that suggests someone is evil, please let us know so we can get this right.

If no-one comes forward I'll probably vote for Alex since he's not talking (hi Alex :)).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Rockbert wrote:
So, according to Hoodlum's ability he would see 3 things in private conversations and that they would all be shared the next day. So far we only have 1 thing, and that was that Virtuosity is Village. So what are they other two?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Anaxagore wrote:
Virtuosity98
Guys, we need info. Could the latin-speaker please contact Rockbert and R4W?
Hood said I am village, his last words in the forum before he died actually :o not sure how he knew that since I haven't had any private conversations with anyone yet. Except Mada. Maybe he saw my conversation with Mada, I don't know.
In any case, him saying "virt is town" probably painted a target on his back since mafia would have assumed he was the inspector.

1) Only a xp player would want to kill Hood night 1. He didn't show his skills in the last games (i believe), so there must be a xp player in the scum team.
2) I don't like your :o reaction to Hood's death. Given he didn't get your role based on your chats, it means as i guessed, his "Virt is village" was just a feeling. I can understand why you would this to be his last words.
3) I think you know the latin speaker will never contact anyone officially
4) Hood voted Tenesse before switching to Rodd yesterday. Maybe scum didn't like the vote but i don't think that's why he got killed.

#Lynch Virtuosity98

Convince me I'm wrong.

Mdhaglund
Hoodlum
virt is village
How do you know?
Mdhaglund is 2nd on my lynch list given this post and his no lynch yesterday.

PS: We are not No lynching today
Rockbert wrote:
I think right now the question we should be asking is who killed Hoodlum?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Anaxagore wrote:
Lynch List:

1) Virt: over explains easy to understand things in a way that makes me think these are fluff posts
2) Mdhaglund: i get weird vibes from this guys who looks like he knows what he is doing when he no lynches.
3) Elysium: his entrance strat is weird, especially is scum have some kind of framer.
4) Alex: last of the xp player who would want an early Hood lynch but him not speaking doesn' t mean anything.
5) Tenesse: Hood voted Tenesse early on.

I have reason to believe i'm the next one to be killed so i'm gona play this game openly.
Also my role is kind of lame.

Spoiler (click to show)

Rockbert wrote:
Wow. I don't think that's lame though, you can steal a vote and make it count for yours? That's crazy powerful.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Anaxagore wrote:
Rockbert
Wow. I don't think that's lame though, you can steal a vote and make it count for yours? That's crazy powerful.

When there is probably a cop, a doc, and many other roles, no, i should not be mafia priority.

Also i believe my role was the last one made so probably one of the weikest i guess. Unless there are some vanilla but i doubt so.
FireSword wrote:
When there is probably a cop, a doc, and many other roles, no, i should not be mafia priority.

Also i believe my role was the last one made so probably one of the weikest i guess. Unless there are some vanilla but i doubt so.

That is more powerful than you think, but only in the right circumstances. (aka, you need to get with the investigator, and figure out who is mafia, so that you aren't stealing regular votes.)

P.S.
I am not the investigator. My only ability is to "make people sane for the night" which also distracts them.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
Virtuosity98
Guys, we need info. Could the latin-speaker please contact Rockbert and R4W?
Hood said I am village, his last words in the forum before he died actually :o not sure how he knew that since I haven't had any private conversations with anyone yet. Except Mada. Maybe he saw my conversation with Mada, I don't know.
In any case, him saying "virt is town" probably painted a target on his back since mafia would have assumed he was the inspector.

1) Only a xp player would want to kill Hood night 1. He didn't show his skills in the last games (i believe), so there must be a xp player in the scum team.
True. Or, like I said, scum killed him because he appeared to have some kind of inspector role by saying Virt is village. Which, as it turned out, he did... How are you missing this?

Anaxagore
2) I don't like your :o reaction to Hood's death. Given he didn't get your role based on your chats, it means as i guessed, his "Virt is village" was just a feeling. I can understand why you would this to be his last words.
I just like emojis :) Sorry, but you've played enough games with me to know this, so this point seems like a diversionary attack based off of nothing. "Virt is village" could just be a feeling, but come on, his role PM literally gives him access to conversations. And you want to say it was just a feeling? Seems like a weak argument. Honestly, surely you see this?

Anaxagore
3) I think you know the latin speaker will never contact anyone officially
Why wouldn't they?? Curse clearly isn't good, the latin speaker will definitely be able to help! Plus a latin-speaker would be able to gain some trusted allies by contacting the cursed (since cursed are most likely not mafia/neutral, and latin-speaker is probably town as well). So actually, it makes perfect sense for the latin speaker to approach the cursed via PM. Again Anax, I don't think I'm speaking rocket-science here, this is just simple reasoning.

Anaxagore
4) Hood voted Tenesse before switching to Rodd yesterday. Maybe scum didn't like the vote but i don't think that's why he got killed.
This has nothing to do with me. Scum killed Hood because he implied inspector role. Or maybe an experienced scum wanted him dead, like you suggest.

Anaxagore
Lynch List:

1) Virt: over explains easy to understand things in a way that makes me think these are fluff posts
Sure. Just focussing town attention on what's important. Also, there are two new players here who I have no idea how much they know about mafia games. Judging from their most recent posts, they know what they're doing. Still, clear explanations cannot be harmful....... how does explaining things clearly mean I am mafia?? ^^^^

Honestly Anax you trying to lynch the only town-cleared player (or at least town-implied player) with a catalogue of weak reasoning makes you pretty suspicious tbh. Also, stealing votes seems much more useful to mafia than to town. |)
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anyway, now I'm done replying to Anax, I've figured out how Hood could have been confident enough to clear me in public (which is very risky to do without evidence, for obvious reasons). Hood says "Virt is village", then his Role PM says he is able to see 3 messages from private chats of that player. At that point in the game, I had not sent a single PM to anyone except Mada. So it is possible that he saw my questions to Mada about my role PM and concluded I was village. HOWEVER I personally don't believe that chats with the moderator would have been visible to Hood (would be really over-powered), so what I actually think happened is that Hood chose to look at my messages, and was told that I hadn't sent any messages yet. Which would mean that I was not a mafia, since mafia always always always co-ordinate their actions via private chat. So Hood felt confident enough to say in the forum that I was village.

Summary of evidence to support my case:
- Hood inspected my chat, and concluded I was village.
- I have tried to summarise useful information in the thread to focus town attention on important details.
- I didn't even sign into D12 during Night 0, so I couldn't have cursed Rockbert.
Day Actions:

rodd wrote:
so let's say that Hood was mafia, then virtuosity is as well.
.seems like the most to say are the most dangerous sometimes.
rodd is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hood was town. His role PM would have said if he was mafia... Right @Madagascarter?
Day Actions:

Tennesseelogman wrote:
hood's pm says pretty clearly "you'll have to help the tour group get rid of the mafia"
Live long and prosper