Game Thread!
  • 595 posts
  • Page 1 of 40
Madagascarter wrote:
After signing up and day of January 2nd soon approached and all the people who'd signed up went on a trip into the Cairngorns to go to the haunted house. A reporter was most upset about the lack of social distancing but Corona Virus will be the last thing that will be on your mind later. You drive up to the closest road to house. The fog is deep but the tour guide knows the route. Then you have an hours walk.

While walking, the tour guide explains about ghosts and spirits. "Ghosts are bound by rules," the tour guide said. "Most ghost will move on to an afterlife but some choose to stay on this earth. Usually because they have strong feelings attached to it. Some love, some anger, some resentment, some grief. Most of them fear. Fear that if they move on they'll never be able to come back and they too are scared of what's beyond so they stay. However most of the time they are utterly useless, they can't effect anything. Only in designated places can they affect us or if we let them. The haunted house is one of those places where the dead can connect with the living without permission. Most places where the dead realm are deserted. Humans don't go near those places by choice but by accident. But those who survive the encounter are never the same again."

With this eerie speech he ends and leads the group to the fog to the house. Explaining a few stories or so on the way. The fog cleared just as they entered the valley with the house. The tour guide opens the door and closes it. And the tour guide speaks again.

"We come to the topic of possession. Usually ghosts can't enter another human without permission but here you are in their realm! You are powerless to the ghosts! My gang will take you over and you'll join our new mafia group of the undead!" The tour guide begins chanting but it isn't long before a round of bullets are fired into his chest. But the damge was done. Screaming and chaos ensues. People getting possessed left right and centre by spirits. However there were good spirits listening in, who were determined to help out. There can't be more than one spirit join a body so good spirits joined bodies to stop the bad ones getting in. In the midst of all the craziness though the key to the haunted house was dissected into 4 and a fragment given to each faction.

Once all the craziness calms down. Everyone discovers that there are 4 mafias, 2 neutrals and the rest good. Everyone unanimously agrees that the mafia and neutrals must be sorted with before we can collect the keys together and escape. The mafia, would be way too dangerous in the outside world if they could just keep coming back here if one of them died. They decide that during the days they will choose 1 person who seems suscipious and murder them till there are only people with good spirits left.

Win Conditions
Village - Get rid of all the mafia and neutrals
Mafia - Get rid of all the neutrals and enough Villagers
Neutral - Ambiguous

I don't know if Village is the right term but I'm using it.

rules (click to show)

players (click to show)

I put more on this post in a sec, and Role PM's will come out shortly
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Madagascarter wrote:
I think all Role PMs are out. We'll start on Night 0. We'll end it at 10pm British Winter time. If you can't work out what side you are on, if you don't have a fake Role PM you are village. There won't be many actions first night. So we should be able to get the few that do need to come in by then

Summer 2 Countdown

elysium5 wrote:
Wow...AlexCheckmate is player 36? A typo or special meaning? :ninja:

1.Elysium5
2.Bluegoetz
3.Hoodlum
4.Mdhaglund
5.Virtuosity98
6.TennesseeLogman
7.2ofClubs
36.AlexCheckmate
9.Anaxagore
10.Rockbert
11.Ready4War
12.Rodd
13.caseydentino
14.remlburc
15.Firesword
16. Vicious
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
I have sent identical introductory messages out to everyone and have not received any responses yet. Please do not reveal your roles to anyone! I will explain why shortly.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have also sent identical introductory messages out to everyone and only had 2 responses - but those 2 told me everything - will you be the 3rd? if so we would have the makings of a group that could defeat the evil, ghostly mafia.
Live long and prosper
Hoodlum wrote:
i responded to tenesseelogman, and probably ely. we are all active atm. i didn't tell TLG anything. ely probably didnt either. im guessing he means us two.
good luck everyone
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
Madagascarter wrote: I don't know if Village is the right term but I'm using it.
https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3532/haunted-house-mafia/post/62841#post-62841

I will respond using those terms to describe my role:

I am village.

The mafia will already know this as I am not one of them and they know who each other are.

If you are not mafia, I am putting myself out there so we can win. I will happily sacrifice myself if you can use any knowledge gained from this to help you win. If there is a Doctor's role, save me. If there is a Investigator role, Investigate/Inspect me.

This way, the doctor and the inspector can confirm my role and get a leg up in the game as I will hopefully live through the first night, depending on what the host allows for night 0 actions..

I do not think I will live long coming out strong like this as the Mafia, or whatever this extra introductory 'ghost thing' is about will turn out to be will certainly be gunning for me now...and I implore you to use that info, please, but I think that telling you all here will help the village, my faction, win.

Feel free to comment here or message me if you have any questions about my motives. I will gladly answer them publicly or privately if it helps the village to win.

If we work this right, I can live just long enough to ensure the Village will win.

Beware, Mafia will cast doubts on my statements but if you are the investigator, you will know right away if I am lying if you inspect me and can build a trust source from there with the Doctor/Save role based on this info.

Also, there has to be some very important scenario having to do with these posted Neutral, Ambiguous, and Ghost insinuations:
Win Conditions
Village - Get rid of all the mafia and neutrals
Mafia - Get rid of all the neutrals and enough Villagers
Neutral - Ambiguous

I don't know if Village is the right term but I'm using it.
elysium5 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
i have also sent identical introductory messages out to everyone and only had 2 responses - but those 2 told me everything - will you be the 3rd? if so we would have the makings of a group that could defeat the evil, ghostly mafia.

I have not yet received any such message, for whatever that is worth.
elysium5 wrote:
I am sure I will not live long because of my forwardness but if someone can save me and someone can investigate me, a trust circle can be formed. If I am subsequently targeted, I will die to help us win.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
just to confirm (so i don't get accused of lying) - elysium is right - i did not sent my intro to elysium because we already had a chat option going since he was the only one to send me one 1st. and no - hood and elysium have not told me everything - - - - - Yet!:)
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
just to confirm (so i don't get accused of lying) - elysium is right - i did not sent my intro to elysium because we already had a chat option going since he was the only one to send me one 1st. and no - hood and elysium have not told me everything - - - - - Yet!:)

I will confirm that I sent an intro to Tennesseelogman but I have not received a response (yet).
Hoodlum wrote:
are we lynching?

if so. lynch Tennesseelogman
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Madagascarter wrote:
We are in the Night Phase. But one where a lot of players are still confused. During this night phase there will be a few actions but not many and many questions answered

Summer 2 Countdown

Rockbert wrote:
Just confirming that I received a message from Elysium and I did respond.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Vicious wrote:
Hi all just confirming I've answered all PM's I have recieved. Confirming I'm active an open-minded village person I've nothing to hide. If any help is needed message me. I will help you no doubt. Good luck village let's find the mafia scum!!