4. Elysium5
5. Sygmassacre
6. Jimi
7. Anaxagore
8. AlexCheckMate
9. Mayba
10. BigBrain94

Game Mechanics:
Most game mechanics follow the normal DXII Mafia Rules, however there are a couple of changes:

1. The INSANE:

An INSANE does not know they are insane. An INSANE cannot carry out any night actions in their Role PM.

An INSANE starts off "harmless". A harmless INSANE will drive the target of their night action insane, unless there are already two INSANES alive. A dormant INSANE that has driven a player insane becomes "lethal" for the rest of the game. A lethal INSANE kills the target of their night action.

An INSANE wins when all the sane islanders are dead.

(Basically, one player starts off as an INSANE. That player will make another player insane during night 1. Then he will kill a player each night after night 1. The second INSANE does nothing until the first INSANE dies. Once the first INSANE dies, the second INSANE can drive another player insane, and then kill on future nights. And so on.

A new INSANE will replace a dead one every time, unless the "harmless" INSANE is killed - since the "lethal" INSANE can only kill.)

Hopefully this makes sense?

2. Every player must vote to Lynch someone during each day phase, or vote "No Lynch". Anyone who misses the deadline or deliberately abstains will be assigned a random vote by the excellent, glorious, resplendent host (me).

3. Similarly, every player must target someone during each night phase. If they fail to do so, their target will be random.

Role PMs:
Every player (including the original INSANE) will randomly receive one of the following abilities:
Night actions (click to show)

Islander win clause: eliminate all INSANES (harmless and lethal).
INSANE win clause: eliminate all islanders (however, INSANES dead for more than two rounds do not share the victory).

That's it! If you have any questions, fire away! Role PMs will be allocated and distributed shortly.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Role PMs are now out!

It is now Day 1. It will end in at least 16 hours. A countdown will be posted later. Let me know your sleeping hours via PM and I'll try to accommodate everyone with regards to when phases end.

Remember, any one of you could be the INSANE. Think twice before revealing information... You might be helping the islanders to discover you!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Jimi wrote:
That's very cool, so everyone has something to do at night. That's complex but fun.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Hoodlum wrote:
soooo..we all have night actions..choosing a player. except the insane one (mafia) is actually choosing someone to kill without his knowledge. he will know when that person is dead the next day.
10 players - 11 roles.

ok quick observation. i probably won't be the insane one. virt definitely didn't choose me to be insane because a mod always roots for mafia to win. i'd be dead soon cause i'm usually a suspect..not fun for virt..so don't lynch me.

i'm probably right (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
So I guess it's not 100% clear yet: No-one can target themselves with their night action.
Also, I honour my pledge to true randomness :)
Day Actions:

Anaxagore wrote:
#No Lynch
Even the insane doesn't know he is at this point.
I may switch if someone is not active.
Jimi wrote:
I prefer No Lynch too, until things get clearer after night actions

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Hoodlum wrote:
lynch Mayba

cause he is an under the radar player. virt would choose that type of player to be insane this game.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Ok...... so here's my take on this.

• We're with 10 people.
  • We have 11 roles split between us, each has it's own distinct night action available.
  • The Insane does NOT know whether s/he's insane.
  • The nightaction of the Insane does NOT get carried out.
  • We start with 1 Insane.

So.... in a worst/best case scenario (depending on your take on it ;)), we might end this game at this lynch already by lynching the one and only INSANE! 10% shot right here =D
Anyone feeling particularly loopy? :roll: (In a sense.... that makes for a very sketchy start of the game? :p)
Also later on, with some 'luck' on nightactions of the INSANE & HIS/HER target, the game can end instantly.

Game sure is.... pardon my pun....... INSANE I can think of a way how to end the game rather quickly with the highest chance of winning for all of the SANE people... (having a predetermined sequence of people targetting who) I guess however, that as soon as the INSANE person discovers s/he's insane... s/he'll no longer stick to the plan/program :D

Therefore, I guess there's no real shortcut in the game... we'll just need to share information about WHAT our night abilities are and WHO we target with those abilities... eventually we should be noticing that people are telling lies and from that further organise ourselves... but yeah... this sounds like it'll come down to a lot of random events :D

Anyone else (Anax?); got any wild ideas for a method that'll guide us on a cruise to VICTORY ISLAND?

Good luck everyone!

-Alex

PS - I propose we try and play without communication outside of the forum :P There's no real teams in this game, nor any logic into trying to form one. We're all against 1 of our own (later 2) - without knowing who this is^^ The INSANE will probably discover tonight/night after who s/he is and as such be rather sure of his/her partner.... then they'll probably communicate behind the scenes... which makes sense. Everyone else has, as long as they didnt get INSANE/contacted about it, no clue about whether they're still SANE or got CONVERTED.. so infostreams are always prone to being heisted :D
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
So I guess it's not 100% clear yet: No-one can target themselves with their night action.
Also, I honour my pledge to true randomness :)

Hahahaha, did more people have a nice conversation with you? :D
Please note - you may all speculate as much as you want about my role, but the nature of the nighttime ability of my role has no causal relation with me inquiring with V98 - I just inquire for fun.

Me And V98 Having a Chat - my role is blurred out ;) (click to show)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
unlynch mayba. Lynch AlexCheckMate

:roll:

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
I read quicly but if i'm right i think we could all technically become Insanes and win.
We would just have to figure out who the 1st and 2nd insanes are, and keep on lynching the lethal one, while the other infects a new towbie every turn.
Anyway this is too boring to be done.

I'll think about strategies after night 1, i don't want to screw up if i'm the insane :)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
I read quicly but if i'm right i think we could all technically become Insanes and win.
We would just have to figure out who the 1st and 2nd insanes are, and keep on lynching the lethal one, while the other infects a new towbie every turn.
Anyway this is too boring to be done.

I'll think about strategies after night 1, i don't want to screw up if i'm the insane :)

I know it's not 100% clear. I tried to write as succinctly as possible, but never mind...
There can only ever be two live INSANES at once. One will have "recruited" the other and become lethal. The newer one will be harmless until the older one dies. If/When the older, lethal INSANE dies, the harmless INSANE will "recruit" another INSANE, and become the new lethal INSANE.

Technically, everyone could become insane, but I just realised that I never wrote the islander or INSANE win clauses :S

Islander win clause: eliminate all INSANES (harmless and lethal).
INSANE win clause: eliminate all islanders (however, INSANES dead for more than two rounds do not share the victory).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Also:
Day 1 will end in 14 hours (countdown), unless players who haven't been active to see the game start require more time.
Day Actions: