Mafia Game Thread
  • 195 posts
  • Page 3 of 13
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Anaxagore
Sometimes i have a real hard time trying to understand how you guys think...
-There is 90% chance the lynch goes wrong. I know i said the opposit last game but there was nothing at all to rely on last game, which is far from being the case here if we play correctly.
-Even if we make the 10% proba correct lynch, is this a real win? The mafia doesn't even know he is.
For me it just would feel like Virt worked for nothing.

So i guess this is more emotionnal (grudge from last game?) than rational thinking.

I'm the kind of nutty guy that went for a lynch, because of the bold, ghehe.
I do not understand games that are set up in such a manner that 1 event can completely alter everything. Those are just very volatile/imbalanced/overpowered - in a certain degree. Could just be personal preference.
And yes, due to the fact that there was no information whatsoever which could give anyone a reason to lynch someone, you might certainly opt for the no lynch option, but that's a boring option and i do not think no lynches are supposed to be part of this game. It's very annoying to get lynched on the first day when there's almost always no reason available for you getting lynched..... but I suppose that's just part of it... it'll happen to everyone at some point.

Now we've got some hours in which nothing happens :D waiting for the INSANE to do his/her action, unknowingly turning another person INSANE =d

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
Anaxagore
Sometimes i have a real hard time trying to understand how you guys think...
-There is 90% chance the lynch goes wrong. I know i said the opposit last game but there was nothing at all to rely on last game, which is far from being the case here if we play correctly.
-Even if we make the 10% proba correct lynch, is this a real win? The mafia doesn't even know he is.
For me it just would feel like Virt worked for nothing.

So i guess this is more emotionnal (grudge from last game?) than rational thinking.
By the time I got my power back and I got online to vote, it was clear the 'no lynch was going to be the outcome so I just thought I'd toss a vote at Alex because he put one on me. No harm, no foul.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
I'm surprised no one has suggested targeting each other in the order that we are listed to have joined the game and then compare notes after.

1. Muzthebus ->2. Hoodlum->3. Kyla->4. Elysium5 ->5. Sygmassacre->6. Jimi->7. Anaxagore->8. AlexCheckMate->9. Mayba->10. BigBrain94->1. Muzthebus
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Still waiting on a few actions. I'm considering an 8 hour extension to the phase if necessary. Please try and get the actions in within the next 3 hours (end of night phase). Thanks!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Also, I have included information regarding mod feedback for night actions. The primary purpose of this is to stop people using quoted feedback on actions from me as proof that they hold the role. This information has been updated in Post#1.

Role PMs:
Every player (including the original INSANE) will randomly receive one of the following abilities:
Night actions (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
I guess people should also know this:
All actions are done simultaneously, except for driving a player insane and kills, which go last.
Therefore, a player could perform their action in N1, then be driven insane by the INSANE immediately afterwards. Therefore, even if you know your night action succeeded, you could have been driven insane immediately afterwards. Everyone should bear that in mind :)

Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Chapter 1 (click to show)

Night actions have been processed, and feedback will be given (where applicable) as soon as possible.

It is now Day 2. Please vote for your Lynch target (or vote “No Lynch”). If no vote is cast, it will be randomly allocated.
Day 2 will end in 24 hours (countdown).
Day Actions:

Kyla wrote:
Can't tell if I'm insane or not, I don't think I am. So what did the night bring to other people? Can anyone suddenly hear voices??
Kyla wrote:
But if I made someone insane, throw me a PM buddy. Let's see what we can do ^^
Kyla wrote:
Oh my lord is everyone going to be active when I'm asleep? :)
Jimi wrote:
So the killing action won't be activated and no one dies, so we will not be able to know what our actions have done until the second day.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
The gods, whenever reminiscing upon that fateful night, referred to it as Night 1. For, although the island's saga had had its incipience in the days and weeks preceding it, it was during that Night that the destiny of its inhabitants was changed forever. To hearing one tormented, lacerated voice rend the darkness, they had become accustomed... but in the early hours of the brine-speckled morning, a second howling joined the first, in a dread, direful duet. They knew that another had been taken to the realm of the INSANE...

I love reading you - simply because your use of words, it's so eloquent!

incipience, lacerated, brine-speckled - new words ;d (from context understood & googled afterwards for extra fun :D)

Virtuosity98
I guess people should also know this:
All actions are done simultaneously, except for driving a player insane and kills, which go last.
Therefore, a player could perform their action in N1, then be driven insane by the INSANE immediately afterwards. Therefore, even if you know your night action succeeded, you could have been driven insane immediately afterwards. Everyone should bear that in mind :)

Now that's less fun... that kinda steals another day of us :p

Kyla
Oh my lord is everyone going to be active when I'm asleep? :)
What will your sleeping schedule be? Approximately.

Hoodlum..... I'm having trouble gauging you ;d apart from your first (2) posts in this thread, you're just blasting lynches without supplementing information... not sure what you're trying to achieve.

Seeing how the person who I lynched yesterday for being kinda inactive, while having logged in, is back (internet issues) - he's no longer my lynch target. Not sure yet who to switch over...... perhaps I'll go with the #No Lynch option... although it's not my style really...

This game is driving me INSANE - please, just a joke, lol

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
I am visiting the Alhambra today so i will not be really active, although i'll come back before the deadline.

I see two main strategies here:
-we say everything publicly, every day, until some insane gets trapped and then we backtest to find his teammate. It won't get long with action 1,2,3,6,7,9 being able to find out stuff. Drawback: 1,2,3,6,8,9 will be killed in priority. (i also don't believe in the random investigator).
-we say nothing publicly and 1,2,3,6,8,9 do their own investigations and create their own trust circles.
Pro. 1,2,3,6,7,9 wont get killed systematically. Cons. The investigation from an individual perspective will be harder, especially if mr10 is included in some actions.

I think scenario 1 is a bit more powerfull for town but i kind of feel people won't share things and scenario 2 will be hapenning.