Mafia Game Thread
  • 195 posts
  • Page 13 of 13
Hoodlum wrote:
gg insanes

virt. how did the lynch votes work for each day.. +1 / -1 secret votes .where did you put the 'random votes' on etc

how did day 2 lynch play out. i targeted anaxagore all 3 nights. giving him a 0 vote. the following votes got Alex lynched. did the randoms go on alex? or secret vote go on alex? or did my action targeted on anaxagore get diverted?

1. Muzthebus - [RANDOM]
2. Hoodlum - Anaxagore
3. Kyla - [RANDOM]
4. Elysium5 - [RANDOM]
5. Sygmassacre - Jimi
6. Jimi - AlexCheckMate
7. Anaxagore - AlexCheckMate (thought he had a zero vote)
8. AlexCheckMate - Jimi
9. Mayba
10. BigBrain94 - [RANDOM]

curious

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Muzthebus wrote:
GG

it was a bit to confusing for me this game..

i enjoyed it, dont get me qrong, but to many unknow variables for me.

thx for hosting V98!
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Key moments where the islanders could have forced a victory:

N1: Anax (the original INSANE) targeted Alex with an inspection. Seeing that the inspection failed, he messaged Alex to say they were the INSANES. However, Jimi had switched places with Alex during N1, so Jimi was actually the second INSANE and Alex was working with the enemy. Eventually Alex realised he had been switched, but, being unsure, he chose to remain silent in the forums. Anax and Jimi pulled off a remarkable deadline lynch on Alex to ensure his secret died with him.

D4: Everyone was voting to lynch Anaxagore, it was clear he was going down. Yet Jimi decided to try and get rid of Sygmassacre, completely blowing his cover as an ally of Anaxagore.
Sygmassacre
Found the 2nd insane lol
Muz could have then targeted Jimi during N4 to see who Jimi would drive insane. But he didn't, meaning it would be very difficult for the islanders to discover Kyla in such little time. If Muz had tracked Jimi, the islanders could have lynched Kyla and then Jimi to earn a narrow victory.

D6: Sygmassacre had survived until the endgame, knowing that Jimi was the lethal INSANE and that the harmless INSANE had to be Muzthebus or Kyla. If Muzthebus had communicated his night action results to Sygmassacre or indeed to anyone, then it would have been obvious that the last INSANE was Kyla, and so the islanders could have won.

Thanks for playing guys, it was a fun one to host :) Watching everyone trying to figure out if they were an INSANE or not was very entertaining. From my perspective, Sygmassacre was the clear town MVP. Anaxagore wins mafia MVP due to his grit and determination to escape the lynching - when under pressure, he approached multiple players trying to convince them he had turned them insane, so that less people would vote for him. It earned him a crucial extra Night alive. As you know, I don't like to label anyone as wooden spoon since it is rarely constructive.

One question for Hoodlum... how did you know Anax was the INSANE from such an early stage?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum
gg insanes

virt. how did the lynch votes work for each day.. +1 / -1 secret votes .where did you put the 'random votes' on etc

how did day 2 lynch play out. i targeted anaxagore all 3 nights. giving him a 0 vote. the following votes got Alex lynched. did the randoms go on alex? or secret vote go on alex? or did my action targeted on anaxagore get diverted?

1. Muzthebus - [RANDOM]
2. Hoodlum - Anaxagore
3. Kyla - [RANDOM]
4. Elysium5 - [RANDOM]
5. Sygmassacre - Jimi
6. Jimi - AlexCheckMate
7. Anaxagore - AlexCheckMate (thought he had a zero vote)
8. AlexCheckMate - Jimi
9. Mayba
10. BigBrain94 - [RANDOM]

curious

1. Muzthebus - [RANDOM=AlexCheckMate]
2. Hoodlum - Anaxagore
3. Kyla - PM voted AlexCheckMate x2
4. Elysium5 - [RANDOM=Hoodlum]
5. Sygmassacre - Jimi
6. Jimi - AlexCheckMate
7. Anaxagore - AlexCheckMate x0
8. AlexCheckMate - Jimi
9. Mayba
10. BigBrain94 - [RANDOM=Kyla]

Alex - 4
Jimi - 2
Anax - 1
Hoodlum - 1
Kyla - 1

EDIT: If I remember correctly, Anax approached Kyla to pretend he had made her an INSANE. He then convinced Kyla to vote for Alex, which ended up being the deciding 2 votes.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Thanks for hosting V98.
Just a thing I wonder about here, nothing major, just something to wonder about.
You have written:

Virtuosity98
The Game is now Over.

The INSANES (Anaxagore, Jimi, and Kyla) win!

&& in the first post:

Virtuosity98
Welcome to the Game Thread! :D

INSANE win clause: eliminate all islanders (however, INSANES dead for more than two rounds do not share the victory).

Anaxagore died on the lynch of D4, then N4 Kyla got INSANE'd, D5 nothing (tie), N5 Ely murdered, D6 nothing (tie), N6 someone (not gone into) murdered. Therefore.... there have been more than 2 rounds since Anaxagore died? So purely from the rules, I suppose he didn't really 'win' ? Anyway, doesn't matter of course.

Some other feedback on the game:
You allowed too much randomness in my opinion... people not lynching => get a random lynch assigned.
People not doing night actions => random

This inactivity was also already an issue in the other games I've seen here... not sure what causes it really... I'd suppose that people who sign up do actually plan to play. No clue why BB94 hardly posted at all in this topic...

I believe this inactivity is also somewhat 'promoted' by allowing private contact. This might cause certain players to detach from the game - I could however be wrong with this idea. Seeing hardly anything happening in the forum and not feeling an urge to participate in 'solving the puzzle'

As for my part in the game.... I suppose I should apologise for not pointing out the exact state of the game....

https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3148/the-insane/post/55289#post-55289
I had been contacted by Anax, telling me he made me insane (which he indeed tried, but Jimi switched me and him as target => Jimi got insane instead and Jimi told me all of this too).

I ' tried ' to talk with V98, but he suddenly went completely silent on me. Had he talked with me, I'm pretty sure I would've done stuff differently. For one, I probably would've been much more specific in that post and fully written down that Anax is the original INSANE with Jimi as his helper... but I stayed more cryptic and apparently noone really caught up on that... thought I'd kinda ruin the game if I did that though...

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Sygmassacre wrote:
Nice win.
Yeah its hard to work things out when people dont contribute
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
Key moments where the islanders could have forced a victory:

N1: Anax (the original INSANE) targeted Alex with an inspection. Seeing that the inspection failed, he messaged Alex to say they were the INSANES. However, Jimi had switched places with Alex during N1, so Jimi was actually the second INSANE and Alex was working with the enemy. Eventually Alex realised he had been switched, but, being unsure, he chose to remain silent in the forums. Anax and Jimi pulled off a remarkable deadline lynch on Alex to ensure his secret died with him.

I can understand and somewhat appreciate that you call it being uncertainty from my side... to a certain extent, it of course also is this. Simply because there is no certainty. I had contacted you to hear about the deadline, whether something would alter or what not. You simply ignored me (normally when you are online and I message you, I always get somewhat of a response - you chose to not do so this time and in a sense therefore influenced the game, though this was not your intention). I was online at the time Anax switched over to lynching me, this made me 99% sure about the situation. Anax is too smart to switch over to me if he remained confident in me being his buddy, so the Jimi thing was there.

As said, I could've just completely 'wrecked' (or solved?) the game, but being disallowed to have a bit of a talk with you, I decided to just cryptically formulate my findings.... I assumed people would catch up on it and still win. That way, I wouldn't feel 'bad' for totally wrecking Anax/Insane's chance for winning, yet still stay true to my affiliation. Make town analyse and win, rather than spoonfeed from information which I obtained due Anax playing his wild self... (I suppose I can now fully state that I label Anax as an all or nothing player ;d - nothing wrong with it, but I dislike the style. It allows for the game to be completely overthrown due to 1 player playing the way he does).

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
As Alex said, it has been two rounds I died so I think I lost.

My only question is for Kyla:
Why didn't you lynch Syg privately the day I died? Did you find out I was playing you or did you just forgot?

Anyway it was really hard being the first insane, especially with Hoodlum putting pressure on me since day one.
Also sorry again Alex, but I had no other option but to betray you.
Kyla wrote:
I thought if you turned me insane, I would be able to turn someone insane tomorrow then kill. Would rather confirm to myself being insane and work with someone else then with you, sorry ^^
Kyla wrote:
Also want to thank Jimi for letting me scum in for a win :)
Kyla wrote:
Also want to thank Jimi for letting me scum in for a win :)
Kyla wrote:
Also it was obvious you were telling multiple people you were insane btw
Anaxagore wrote:
yeah it may have been, but when Alex and I found out Alex may not be insane (cause he had been switched by jimi) I thought i was busted and game was over.. so i was like what the hell and i just tried it.
elysium5 wrote:
Thanks for hosting. This game was insane!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."