Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 20 of 21
Cireon wrote:
Thanks aero, and sorry again for making your life harder.

I will check all the changes when I get home, but I trust they're alright. I can also check the connections then.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
NP.

I have scanned over the Capitals and they seem unaffected by the new connections, in fact they are slightly better balanced now.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
aeronautic
I have made all the changes requested and gone with the 1st suggestion in each case.

City colours had to be changed to suit the merge of regions. Also, a new name for the merged region had to be decided, so I deleted the West Main Gate region and kept Market Town.

There was previous mention of a +5 bonus for the newly merged region of 7 territories, but the itemised list suggests +4, which is what I made it. Is this correct?

Please check that there are no discrepancies with connections, labels & bonuses in any active games.
Thanks a lot!
- I think it's better to name the region to the west main gate, as that's the name that's most easy to remember. Also, that way all the gate regions are named to their gate.
- The bonus of +4 (as Cireon mentioned it) for the west gate region (or market town region) is correct. +5 (as I mentioned it) is too much.
- Looks like active games are broken, I ended a bunch of them and some other admins ended others.

I'll have to think a bit about the new balance, it looks better, but best to play it.
Feel free to join game 862581 to test anyone :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Matty
- I think it's better to name the region to the west main gate, as that's the name that's most easy to remember. Also, that way all the gate regions are named to their gate.
Done.

It's a shame that the edit caused all active Atlantis games to crash.
Thank goodness we have Beta Testing!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I think the game crash edit put a lot of players off this map, but nonetheless it is another Very Large map for the site.

It has been in Beta for a couple of Months now, so if there are no further concerns or edits required, I will make it active in the New Year.
Matty wrote:
I really like the map the way it is now.

Thanks Aero!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
hooboy11 said:
21 Dec 2018, 08:35 am
Yo Hood, there are some crazy bugs in the Atlantis map!!

#1 Some territory values switch when you toggle between large and small view of the maps.
#2 Some actual TERRITORY GROUPINGS switch when same toggle occurs.
#3 Bridge at 2:30 near centre disappears and reappears during toggle.

I thought I was going crazy...

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
lol, you're right - the smaller image is never changed after the map change.
aeronautic wrote:
I must have forgotten to upload the new edited image to the thumbnails and resized maps.
I have made the new thumbnails and also uploaded the latest edited map to the resized maps.

It should be fine now, but I'll go check a game to see.

Yes, it resizes correctly now. :blush:
Matty wrote:
Thanks aeronautic, Hoodlum and Hooboy B)
aeronautic wrote:
There don't seem to be any other issues with Atlantis, so I'll make it live now.

Thanks for all your ideas, research, suggestions, feedback and patience Cireon & Matty.
Cireon wrote:
Yay! Thanks so much for your hard work on making this map look awesome aero.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
The map is really awesome. Thanks Aero and Cireon and everyone else that commented!
The_Bishop wrote:
Wonderful! I loved this map immediately: look, design, game-play, graphics, I like everything of it. Congrats to all developers! :)

I feel like somebody fears to encounter a labyrinthic shaped map which is not really. When you play it, you find that connections are pretty logical and intuitive.

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
An aerial photo of the Sasanian circular city of Gōr, in Iran, and a reconstruction of the city as it may have appeared in its heyday. Gōr was the new capital city of Ardashir I (180-242 CE), the founder of the Sasanian Empire, and had a perfect circular plan of 1,950 m diameter
Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman