Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 13 of 21
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

Looks like fun to me.
Was hard to follow the conversation without region names. (made some up) This is what I see what will happen in a typical DM game regarding super regions. In the early game, players will hope for a good starting position to get the following and grow from there.

Super regions. (Defending 2 spots.)

definitely
Saphire + Rose = +6 **
Canary + Mauve = +4  

possibly (split defense)
Green + Lime =  +3

Graphically. i don't think it's colour blind friendly yet. But making the blues in the north into a larger region would probably be a blessing for aero lol
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
You forgot "Lighthouse", it is connected to Ruby & Indigo.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
My proposal is to merge purple and pink into one region. Also canary and emerald.
Cireon's proposal is to merge teal and olive (and purple and pink I hope).

I think my suggestion blocks a really nice region group while Cireons does less damage. Still, that region group is not inside a good/obvious super region (unless you count two regions) and blocking it will make sure a path into and out of the city will be more likely to exist.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Keep the debate going until you're happy with the gameplay.

In the meantime, I have refined the borders and dividers inside the city and added some more city detail.
Demo18 for reference (click to show)
100% view
Demo19 for reference (click to show)
100% view
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
The white at law court feels a bit weird. Same for the colours in botanic garden. Pretty much all others are colourless.

Blue colours in a green region, well, sure. Mainly because the rivers are blue. But red?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
We're not sure what the final colours will be yet, but to be on the safe side, I can make the Botanic Gardens mono and the stone steps/forecourt on Law Court, I will mege it into the buildings layer so that it is a lighter building colour and will take on the background colour the same as all other buildings.
aeronautic wrote:
Got rid of all overlaid light greys, made them mono on the same layer as the generic buildings adding detail to them.
Made all grass and flowerbeds mono so that territory colour comes through.

Been doing a bit of reading about Atlantis and there are a few things that link it to reality instead of fable, such as the use of Orichalcum at a time when metallurgy didn't make this alloy possible. (carbon dated Ingots found off the coast of Sicilly)
Apparently, Poseidon's Temple was coated in Orichalcum, so I have made a new central Temple.
Continued making buildings in the city territories.

Demo19 for reference (click to show)
100% view
Demo20 for reference (click to show)
100% view
Cireon wrote:
Nice! I really like the later territories you've been making. Maybe even better than the earlier ones :$

This map is really coming together!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
ProblemChild96 wrote:
The two blue areas up north blend together and they look like one big area, good job on the mist in the mountains and other details / trees-roads-structures, keep up the good work.
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
dough_boy wrote:
I think this region (purple/red) would likely be a prime target due to it being a bottleneck of only defending 2 for an ultimate bonus of 5. Not to mention it is hard to get to from the right side. Could something like this work? Or shift that road path from the outside to the inside over one and add back the bridge from the yellow to the purple?

Spoiler (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
I don't see the defending 2 for a bonus of 5... Three maybe for dark purple and red, but that's not a major issue I think.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Hoodlum wrote:
something like this map would make a cool maze/labyrinth map. a couple of images with different bridge paths which randomly changes image, and connections after turns/rounds...
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
I think he means you can hold a super region from just two loaded territories in Saphire, as Hood has in the region examples below.
Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Yes, the same holds for canary and mauve, except the bonus is one less, for 2 territories less. I don't think it's a problem. (Note, that sapphire region should have a bonus of 3, not 4).
It's a good super region to have early on, but hard to expand into a bigger super region later on. I think it's fine how it is.

The suggested fix from dough_boy will make the honey and indigo regions worse by quite a bit. I don't really like that.
Cireon wrote:
Oh I thought dough_boy's was the actual version of the map :3