Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 15 of 21
dough_boy wrote:
Right now the path goes from Outside -> Indigo EG -> Indigo NS -> Honey MN -> Wine TH

My proposal would be shifting it over a region and making it Outside -> Rose (bottom right) -> Rose OQ -> Honey ST -> Wine AS.

Ultimately you guys know more about this stuff than I do and defer.
Cireon wrote:
Agreed with having 1 and 3. Also agreed with not having 4 and 5. I don't think we should do 2. The small regions with having super regions around it is kind of the gameplay of this map. I'd like to not muddle that with too many large regions. Let's leave them separate. They can still act as a bigger region together if you get them both.

dough_boy: the problem with your suggestion is that it would completely nerf the southernmost super-region inside the city by adding two more border countries. It would also add a lot of connectivity to the south suddenly. Maybe this would bring it more in line with the rest of the city, but I think it makes the map less interesting, if I may call it that. I think the suggestion I came up with is a good compromise.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon wrote:
The graphics may not be final yet, but I think we should get this map into the system and start playtesting it. This is the largest map ever on Dominating 12, and I am sure we will want to consider a few iterations. Can we get the map ready to play and have a few goes on it to see if we run into any problems around connectivity?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Hoodlum wrote:
the map has been input into the system already in the test map. create a game with any existing map, then change the map number to 58 in the mod panel.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Hood has set up a 9p game for testing.
Don't delete the invite if you are interested in helping with a pre-beta test.
Game 845393
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
I didn't get an invite because you're not on my friends list :')
Let me add both of ya.
Cireon wrote:
Would appreciate another invite (sorry about that). I haven't played risk in ages, so looking forward to taking this map for a spin :)
aeronautic wrote:
All those who have viewed previous images of the Atlantis map, press CTRL + F5 (pc) or Command + R (mac) when you enter the game to see an updated version with bonus numbers & minimap, as well as updated previously duplicated labels.
The graphics will be constantly updated during the test game and connections & regions may also change, so refresh the screen (as above) every time you enter the game screen.

Game 845393 has started.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Cireon
Agreed with having 1 and 3. Also agreed with not having 4 and 5. I don't think we should do 2.
@Aeronautic: Let's take 1 (north-west region merge) and 3 (extra bridge), and ignore the others.
Preferably changing game 845393, as those two regions are pretty OP I think.

@Cireon and @Dough_boy: the sapphire region currently has a bonus of 4 - with the extra connection in rose in place, do you think that's ok? Or should we lower it to 3?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Done.
Purple equated to 3.2 bonus, so I made it 3 bonus, as it only has 3 borders to defend, whereas Sapphire (the other 6 territory region) has 4 borders to defend.

We will need to start working on the colours soon, so please post colour clashes & suggestions.
dough_boy wrote:
It looks a little weird having only one "sideways" bridge on the map, but defer to the experts.

The blues in the upper central are a little too similar and some of the colors blend with the player circle color (upper left and magenta).
aeronautic wrote:
I don't think it's a problem having one lateral bridge connection. If the game-play required it, there would be more, but this is a well discussed game-play amendment, so for now it has to stay, although, I may soon change the bridge type to a different type, perhaps a footbridge.

The colours were just makeshift colours, working on the request to have similar colours that enclose Super & Mega Regions.
On that condition, I have opted to try all Earthy land colours (no blues or purples) and ordered them to be in close spectrum to their Super Region neighbours, with (in most cases) a more subtle blend to the next Super Region.
I have also chosen a more suitable colour for the Mountain Plateau to encapsulate the feeling of Rock & Ice.
The city colours are brighter as man-made structures and land would be, plus the territories and regions are much smaller and therefore the colours are more concentrated.
I will also upload the image to the Test Game, so that we can see how the colours work / don't work.
Demo21 (click to show)
100% view
Demo22 new colours (click to show)
100% view

I am not happy with the North Central region colour (Upper Mountains, Shepherds Village etc), I will be making that a more subtle blend to the mountains and grasslands.
aeronautic wrote:
Demo22a new colours (click to show)
100% view
Cireon wrote:
Some regions in the city look like they belong to the same region. The ones in the east mostly. Same with the two territories near the West gate. I also feel the map lost some colour in that process.
Matty wrote:
This used to be a very happy map, now it's a very sad map. Or maybe not sad, maybe dirty.
I liked the rainbow feeling from the old colour scheme better I think :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria