Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 17 of 21
Hoodlum wrote:
Demo22b new colours (click to show)
100% view
Demo23 (click to show)
100% view

demo 23 fixes that colour issue for me in the city. looks clean.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
Cireon wrote:
Colours look good to me (but may have to be double-checked for colour blindness).

I like the colour contrast between inner city and outside of the city.

I like the new roads.

The line next to "Deimos Pass" territory label looks thicker than it should be.

Not sure if the new bridge is clear enough, but I like the look of it.

The shadows around the territory labels look pixelated / like JPEG artifacts in some places. Not sure if that's map compression or weird interaction with the background texture.

Also, <3
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Looks really good. I do miss the sharp turn in the traders road a bit though. To me that gave a in-world explanation as to why the crossroads are a bit further from the city gates. It was a bit of a hint that the terrain there was not all open and flat.

I love all the tiny details you put in.
I do wonder though. If there's a territory named 'shrine to Poseidon', and it's located right next to the sea. Why is the shrine in the point furthest away from the sea... One'd say you'd put that shrine near the sea.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
The line next to "Deimos Pass" territory label looks thicker than it should be.
Yes I see it, it's a new line added, I'll match it to the others.

The shadows around the territory labels look pixelated / like JPEG artifacts in some places. Not sure if that's map compression or weird interaction with the background texture.
I'm not seeing it, but if it shows up on lesser resolutions, then a fix should be to darken the text back glow a little to increase contrast.

Looks really good. I do miss the sharp turn in the traders road a bit though. To me that gave a in-world explanation as to why the crossroads are a bit further from the city gates. It was a bit of a hint that the terrain there was not all open and flat.
That's a trade off to have a more intuitive Gate connection. For this reason, I put perspective on the road to make out that it is going up and away into the mountains.

I do wonder though. If there's a territory named 'shrine to Poseidon', and it's located right next to the sea. Why is the shrine in the point furthest away from the sea... One'd say you'd put that shrine near the sea.
The central shrine was intended to be viewed by visitors from the curved arena, facing toward the sea.
I guess it's so small that nobody can see the detail, so I'll just move it to the right of the territory.

Not sure if the new bridge is clear enough, but I like the look of it.
I drew a detailed suspension footbridge 10 times bigger than required and then scaled it down. I'm not sure I can make it any clearer at this scale, but I think the fact that it physically connects across a canal should be intuitive enough.

Keep checking it & posting your thoughts and we can get this refined, just how you want it.
I think we might struggle with Colour Blindness on this map, due to the super regions requiring similar colours, but if I can get some separation by tone alone, I will make it so.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I have dealt with the issues above.
@Cireon, see if the Labels are less pixelated at 100%, I have added a darker back glow with a wider spread.
Also:
I have swapped a few Region colours and changed a few colours to try to get a better Colour Blind setup and to better fit the natural vegetation of lowlands and highlands.
I have altered the road and the Valley of the Kings to have the road winding up the mountain into the highland valley.
I have checked the colour blindness settings and it has region separation in all colour settings. I can't get it any more contrasting without adding Blues & Purples, which will spoil the map.
I have changed the city font to a much more readable "Mongolian" font.
I made new impassables, repositioned the title and added the authors.
Demo23 new colours (click to show)
100% view
Demo24 (click to show)
100% view
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I love what you did with the valley of the Gods - it's a real valley now!
However, especially in the bend below the final S, it gives me the idea that the land goes like this:
[image]

It's almost as if there is a grass halfpipe there, which feels a bit weird.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Demo24 new colours (click to show)
100% view

Demo25 (click to show)
100% view
Demo25 Bare Bones (click to show)
100% view

Better?

I have added a Highlight to the Title to give it a bit of life and show the light source angle as well as insinuate that the light house is active without being cheesy.
Matty wrote:
Beautiful
aeronautic wrote:
There's a temp' problem with uploading images in the cartographer's panel, otherwise I would have seen how it looks in the test game and tested the colour blind settings before inputting the map .
Blizzard wrote:
Looks amazing - Aero - let’s play a game!
POSITIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS!! Keep it positive [/quote]
aeronautic wrote:
It's still in pre-Beta testing. Game 845393
As soon as it goes into Beta we'll play.
aeronautic wrote:
Getting all the relevant info in for inputting.
BTW, we have not chosen Region Names yet, I will put some temporary ones in until Cireon & Matty decide on appropriate region names.
Demo25 (click to show)
100% view
Label Full Names (click to show)
100% view

We also need to choose Capital Positions.

There is a temporary hold up on inputting while the programmers look into a problem.
aeronautic wrote:
Capitals (click to show)
100% view