Fabled lost city
  • 303 posts
  • Page 16 of 21
aeronautic wrote:
I will take the "dirty" filters off and re-post it.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I removed all filters and raised all opacity to 100%, I also swapped a couple of region colours around and altered a few to make more separation between regions.
Going in the right direction or not?
Demo22a new colours (click to show)
100% view
Demo22b new colours (click to show)
100% view
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Demo22b is sweet. i like how it looks like the sun is shining in the city and the outskirts have that feel of a little overcast..looks like a view above the clouds.
i like the earthy colours for the land, and the happy joy rainbow in the city.
Fischer region (east outside city) i feel needs just a little something to balance the mountains and the forests, and minimap of the other corners. my eye just get's drawn there like it's incomplete
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
Yeah definitely better!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
my eye just get's drawn there like it's incomplete
It is incomplete.

I want to organise the colours before continuing because I am constantly remaking graphic overlays when the colours change.
Matty wrote:
Much better! I like where this is going. Still needs work, but looking good now B)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
ProblemChild96 wrote:
it looks better with the darker colors, i wouldn't make it to bright, good job again its really coming together nicely
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Hoodlum wrote:
 BN and the waterbearer (aquarius sign) looked connected on my turn in the test game. found a few other territories that might cause confusion

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
ZG and BaC are supposed to be connected, right?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I don't really see the problems, except for CP and LX - that thing does look a tiny bit like a bridge.

When it comes to ZG, I'd earlier think it's connected to crossroads rather then Trader's road, which might be a problem.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
With Traders Road & Crossroads, I may have to swap the territories, as I can't make a graphic road & crossroad from the city gate angle.
Another (better) alternative is to move the territory line and make ZG (Zephyrus Gate) connect to Crossroads?
How will this affect game-play?
For ZG (Zephyrus Gate) to BaC (Barber's Corner), the colours were meant to be from the same spectrum as their bordering regions to show super-regions, in this case they are connected and the only confusion can be for region distinction. I think it's best to just contrast the colours.

The Lock Gate, I can make into a wooden colour like the piers and jetties and make the canal entrance/exit more visible. This should stop the connection confusion between CP (Cargo Port) & LK (Lock Keeper).

For BN (Bouleuterion) to Aquarius Symbol (Temple of Hera), I can't see the confusion, there's as much a canal there (by perspective) as anywhere.
I think it must be the colours that are causing the confusion?
Matty wrote:
Connecting ZG to Crossroads rather then Trader's road will give the south-west super region an extra border. That's quite a change and I prefer to not have it.
Maybe you can move the crossroads slightly to the left and move the vertical borders of crossroads and traders road with it?

Like this: [image]
aeronautic wrote:
Yes okay, that's do-able.
aeronautic wrote:
I think I've addressed all the concerns and issues.
I have also added the rest of the graphics and made complete new roads.
Have a good look at the 100% view and let me know if there are anymore issues (I'll also add it to the test game for testing).
If the issues are resolved, we must start the refinement stage.
Demo22b new colours (click to show)
100% view
Demo23 (click to show)
100% view