What will they look like?
  • 390 posts
  • Page 1 of 26
lifeinpixels wrote:
I've noticed quite a bit of change with the premium member ranks today. I was wondering whether users could offer some input for their preferences of what the ranks should look like. Is the current design set in stone, or is it still up for ideas?
Vexer wrote:
The image can be changed at any time. The hard part was coding all 5 places where you can see player ranks to show the premium rank if you have premium.

It would be best, if you have a suggestion and some photoshop skills to actually show us your suggestion.

This is the file you would modify:
http://www.dominating12.com/image/rank.png
Matty wrote:
I personally would like to try out perfect white (the current white is half greyish, looks a bit dirty especially in game).
Apart from that it might be worth trying the old colour with just the shiny golden border.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
lifeinpixels wrote:
Well I was going to suggest what matty said: regular color with gold border. I think that would be quite nice.
gragg9 wrote:
I can't see the new ranks and I think it's because i need to clear my cache. How do I do that again?
marcoxa wrote:
i can make one with a gold border so you can see what it would look like.
Matty wrote:
gragg9 - Apr 17, 11:09 AM
I can't see the new ranks and I think it's because i need to clear my cache. How do I do that again?
Hit Ctrl+F5. Sometimes you have to hit it a couple of times (in chrome I believe)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
lifeinpixels wrote:
By the way there is still a small glitch with the ranks... when i click to expand a long term game in the lobby, the list of players still shows normal black ranks.
Vexer wrote:
oh thanks lifeinpixels. Forgot all about that. We will fix it soon.
LordVader wrote:
I personally like the the new ranks. I agree with Matty where the whit looks a little dirty in the game. It is something new for no-members to look at and want
Vexer wrote:
@lifeinpixels we got it fixed. Thanks for the report.
dragon007 wrote:
i fairly much prefer the black or dark ranks though...
but well i think i might get me premium also within a few months lol
The_Bishop wrote:
I liked the black rank too!
Those white ranks are a bit ugly... They should be dark I guess
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
I mean... they are not ugly. They are nice as they are, but the white doesn't stand out on the background, that is white too.
Even the yellow on the officer ranks doesn't stand out a lot over the white.
Btw I am very happy to have a premium rank, doesn't matter the color.
Maybe I need just to get used to the new one.
The_Bishop wrote:
I just noticed that on my pc it's hard to discern a major general from a 1st lieutenant with the newer rank. You know the star and the square... Since I guess they should be dark as the olders. Maybe a thin frame can be enough. That's what I think