Bug bug bug and whatelse?
  • 260 posts
  • Page 12 of 18
SpamFree wrote:
The_Bishop
@Spam, there's a sound alert 15 seconds before leaving a pending game for not clicking "still here".
I think it is the "no reason" alert sound you hear sometimes. I admit it is helpful but I also got a bit disoriented the first times.
Perhaps giving it a tone slighly different from the in-game alert sound may work.
Yes, I have experienced that as well. However, the two times I heard it today, I was no longer in any games nor waiting for any o_O

I concur. A different tone for different events would be preferable:thumbs:

Cireon wrote:
SpamFree
Also, 15 minutes isn't long enough for Who's Online, nor Invite page. I would suggest an hour, since a 9-player, 5 minute-turns game could conceivably go 45 minutes or longer (with Add Time) between turns.
That is one side of the argument. The other side is that if I leave for bed in the evening, I will still show online for another hour! The "last active" time updates every time the interface updates. That means that as long as you have the tab open and move the mouse a bit (or something similar) it will push you back to the top of the list. I really do hope that in 9-player, 5 minute-turns games you don't go off and do something else for half an hour. In live games you are supposed to keep an eye on what is happening in the game, so you will definitely update once every 15 minutes and stay in the online list.

SpamFree
Also, I was thinking that the filter in Long Term Game lobby should have options to filter by map, as well.
I think filtering by map is too much to ask for. There is a HUGE list of maps you would have to pick from and you're probably off faster by quickly scrolling through the page and looking at the images. Something that would be interesting maybe is filtering by map size instead.

SpamFree
I, again, heard the Time running out sound for no apparent reason in another game earlier. It may have been after I was already dead, but I don't recall for certain o_O
Looking into this.

SpamFree
Everything still often slow:(
Everything? Like... everything everything? That's not very specific, so not very helpful either.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
The_Bishop
In create game interface I see all maps correctly displaying cap' locations but Solar System.
I noticed that too! really strange. Completely forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me :)

@Spamfree, not sure, but is the chat time wrong with the am/pm thing and correct without? Can you confirm?

@Cireon: then don't filter by map size, but by number of players?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
1 minute 35 seconds into my turn (3 minute game), the sound alert went off for me. (2nd round) game 606700
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
SpamFree wrote:
Cireon
SpamFree
Also, 15 minutes isn't long enough for Who's Online, nor Invite page. I would suggest an hour, since a 9-player, 5 minute-turns game could conceivably go 45 minutes or longer (with Add Time) between turns.
That is one side of the argument. The other side is that if I leave for bed in the evening, I will still show online for another hour! The "last active" time updates every time the interface updates. That means that as long as you have the tab open and move the mouse a bit (or something similar) it will push you back to the top of the list. I really do hope that in 9-player, 5 minute-turns games you don't go off and do something else for half an hour. In live games you are supposed to keep an eye on what is happening in the game, so you will definitely update once every 15 minutes and stay in the online list.

SpamFree
Also, I was thinking that the filter in Long Term Game lobby should have options to filter by map, as well.
I think filtering by map is too much to ask for. There is a HUGE list of maps you would have to pick from and you're probably off faster by quickly scrolling through the page and looking at the images. Something that would be interesting maybe is filtering by map size instead.

SpamFree
Everything still often slow:(
Everything? Like... everything everything? That's not very specific, so not very helpful either.
@Cireon:
Perhaps a compromise for Who's Online/Invite Page etc. of 30 minutes?

The small map swatches are sometimes difficult to identify. Maybe the map names could be added to the swatches.

Any in-game movement (click attack, moving troops, switching from one phase to next, etc) often hesitates often for 2-3 seconds, sometimes chat seems to update slowly and even typing in text sometimes hesitates a bit.

Matty
@Spamfree, not sure, but is the chat time wrong with the am/pm thing and correct without? Can you confirm?
@Matty:
Well, Live Game chat time is correct now and does not have AM/PM. So, I guess that means you're at least half way there for certain;)

Thanks guys:thumbs:

Matty wrote:
That's what I'm wondering :]
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
SpamFree wrote:

SpamFree wrote:
Also, it seems the "playing" status in Invite page, that does not allow to invite from there, is set when only 1 Live Game is being played, even with Premium players who could play a second:(

B4rny wrote:
when inviting people, if you go to page 2, you can't click invite anymore
Hoodlum wrote:
https://dominating12.com/game/607164

domination game sorted itself in the end, but apparently it displayed 12 territories Domination: 12 territories for a player, until he refreshed
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
DamoreNemesis wrote:
I'm still having to reset my password every time I login - any chance someone can take a look at it before I setup a new one?
Matty wrote:
@DamoreNemesis. I have so far only met one other player with the same problem - I solved it for him by resetting his password. BUT - NOT in the reset password page where you use your email.

I resetted it in this page: https://dominating12.com/account/accountinfo

If resetting a password there does not work, please send me a message.
mmacfreier wrote:
I'm having a problem creating a password-protected game, even though I have no other games at the moment. I was informed that only Premium players can have multiple password protected games at a time, but I'm just trying one.