• 335 posts
  • Page 18 of 23
LizardMagpie wrote:
I'm not sure what time zone these posts are using so I'm just posting this to see what time it shows
2ofclubs wrote:
It's using the server clock located after you name at topof page. Now its16;51 phase ends in 4.5 hours.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
2ofclubs wrote:
Phase is the 24 hour day or night period. Change time is 21:00 or 21:30 against that clock.
1 mafia dead and 4 town including the pawn shop owner (town source for a gun). So it appears the evil scum are winning.
No reward for winning, just possible MVP and fun.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
what does a phase mean ?

this game is played w a 24 hour day phase followed by a 24 hour night phase. this is like the 24 hours turns on risk games. it gives players plenty of time to participate in the phase regardless of where they are (what time zone or country they are in). during the day phase all players can vote on who they think is the mafia and discuss why in the forum or in the private chats (this is assuming you are town - it is a little different if you are mafia or neutral) and use any special day abilities (like thick had a double day vote). during the night phase is when mafia use the night kill that they normally have and other players can use any special night abilities they have. post #1 of this forum suggest some of the possible roles and related abilities town might have. usually mafia know who each other are at or near the start of the game. the goal for town is to unite, learn who else is town, learn each other's abilities, coordinate the use of those abilities to locate and attack mafia and neutrals.
the main advantage that mafia have is a nightly kill and knowing who their team is.
the main advantage that town has is numbers (town always heavily outnumbers mafia), abilities (town usually have abilities to identify other town members or mafia), and time (the longer the game goes on - the more information typically come to light).
if all town members immediately and truthfully posted their roles and abilities at the start of the game = then mafia would quickly be killed and lynched. but that would also give mafia the information they need to target and night kill the most powerful townies first. also mafia would lie and claim town status. most townies would not reveal openly, early for fear of getting mafia killed early. many townies that are plain vanilla townies would not want to claim that early for fear of not being believed or if they are believed - then that gives the mafia a smaller pool of players that do have the town power roles.

what does a phase mean ?
that should answer that and much more. i am available for any other questions or clarifications privately. histo in some ways still does not trust me. would 1 or 2 players insure him that i am the moderator and in this game = i always tell the truth. maybe not in future or past games if i am a player. :)
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i also just added the role reveal reference for each player killed to post # 1 on page 1
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
what does a phase mean ?

this game is played w a 24 hour day phase followed by a 24 hour night phase. this is like the 24 hours turns on risk games. it gives players plenty of time to participate in the phase regardless of where they are (what time zone or country they are in). during the day phase all players can vote on who they think is the mafia and discuss why in the forum or in the private chats (this is assuming you are town - it is a little different if you are mafia or neutral) and use any special day abilities (like thick had a double day vote). during the night phase is when mafia use the night kill that they normally have and other players can use any special night abilities they have. post #1 of this forum suggest some of the possible roles and related abilities town might have. usually mafia know who each other are at or near the start of the game. the goal for town is to unite, learn who else is town, learn each other's abilities, coordinate the use of those abilities to locate and attack mafia and neutrals.
the main advantage that mafia have is a nightly kill and knowing who their team is.
the main advantage that town has is numbers (town always heavily outnumbers mafia), abilities (town usually have abilities to identify other town members or mafia), and time (the longer the game goes on - the more information typically come to light).
if all town members immediately and truthfully posted their roles and abilities at the start of the game = then mafia would quickly be killed and lynched. but that would also give mafia the information they need to target and night kill the most powerful townies first. also mafia would lie and claim town status. most townies would not reveal openly, early for fear of getting mafia killed early. many townies that are plain vanilla townies would not want to claim that early for fear of not being believed or if they are believed - then that gives the mafia a smaller pool of players that do have the town power roles.

what does a phase mean ?
that should answer that and much more. i am available for any other questions or clarifications privately. histo in some ways still does not trust me. would 1 or 2 players insure him that i am the moderator and in this game = i always tell the truth. maybe not in future or past games if i am a player. :)

The dead aren't supposed to speak in the forums but as a staff member, @histoplasmosis, I can assure you that you can trust everything @Tennesseelogman tells you, both here and in the private messages.

Tennesseelogman is not playing in this game but is in fact the host and moderator for this mafia game and is running this game.

Everyone in this game trusts everything said to us by Tennesseelogman as the truth and not part of the possible truth, lies and deceptions of the actual players in the game.

Trust only Tennesseelogman, yourself and your instincts for whom you believe in and think you can trust and don't be afraid that you might make a bad mistake. It's how we all learn and what your enemies are hoping for!

"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
2ofclubs wrote:
I asked blue and didn't get a response. I asked Lizard to defend publicly or privately he hasn't.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.