• 335 posts
  • Page 1 of 23
Tennesseelogman wrote:
Welcome to Memphis, Tennessee. This used to be a pretty good town to be in. It produced many well known figures such as Roseanne Cash, Morgan Freeman, Al Green, George Hamilton, B. B. King, Jerry (the king) Lawler, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, Adrian Rogers, Cybill Shepherd, Danny Thomas, Justin Timberlake, and Tennessee Williams just to name a few. But now it seems that since the mafia has moved into town, it is not safe to be out at night. Even those of us that work at city's largest employer - Fed Ex (everybody has the night shift there) have to be careful to leave for work before the sun goes down. it's not even safe to head downtown to Beale street anymore. This must stop!
Since most of the citizens here are for law and order = it should be simple enough to rid the town of the mafia. But the police, for the most part, are not doing their job. Therefore, it has been decided that the last few mafia members that are hiding in plain site and pretending to be one of us, must be discovered and dealt with outside of the courtroom = vigilante style.

During the day, all citizens get together to discuss the issue and try to worm some information out of each other to uncover the mafia and vote off/lynch those they think are most suspect. The person with the most lynch votes gets - well - - - - lynched. You will then find out if you were correct with your mob mentality or did you kill one of your own.
During the night, under cover of darkness, is when the mafia will make their move = attempt to shoot somebody, however, they may run into some problems.

Phases are 24 hours long beginning and ending at 21:30 server time. That is currently 4:30 pm central time, USA and 9:30 pm London time.
Anytime during the day phase, you may vote by putting it in bold. You may # lynch xxx, lunch, vote (whatever is clear), or may vote no lynch, or you can abstain. Note - other players do not mind if you thoughtfully vote no lynch or abstain but not voting at all will usually be a sign of non-participation and will get you lynched or otherwise killed. If you know that you will be out-of-pocket during a day phase = you may vote ahead of time, during the night phase by calling it an absentee ballot in the forum - but that vote can not be changed during the day phase.
The forum is open for everyone at all times. PMs are allowed at all times. You must include me (the moderator) in all PM chats.
All use of ability requests will be processed at the end of the phase and will have the following pecking order = blocking and protection abilities 1st, then investigations, then attacks
You may copy/paste but no screen shots.
No mean mouthing the moderator in public
The game will start now with day 0 which will last until May 12 - forum chat allowed but no lynch vote on day 0. Likewise, there will be no mafia kills allowed night 1.
Role assignments will be sent out on May 12. Others may still join the game until then. Do not open any PMs until role assignments are sent. All players should make a forum post on May 10 or 11 stating that you are active and ready to start the game. You are free to discuss possibilities here or ask questions of the group.
Please do not edit posts.
PM me with your questions or concerns

Tennessee is a "Permitless Carry" state - meaning that anyone is allowed to carry a firearm openly or concealed without a permit as long as you obtain the gun legally by passing a background check. to purchase a gun from the pawn shop, you must give your name, role, and faction to the pawn shop owner. he may then sell you the gun or deny your request. if he gives you a gun = you may use it during any night phase. the pawn shop owner will submit your information to the state at the end of the phase which will be processed during the night and will have the results at the beginning of the next day phase. the pawn shop is only open during the day. the report he gets back only tells him if you were telling the entire truth or not on your application. only 2 guns are for sale. players may only ask 1 other per day to sell him a gun.
roles may be
doctor, sheriff, detective, pawn shop owner, mafia, ???

more info to come. still room for many more players

Players
1 - @Crywolf
2 - @@Rockbert - Danny Thomas - town - investigator - shot night 2 - role reveal on page 10, post # 140
3 - @Jacob24
4 - @@LizardMagpie - Al Green - Town - Vanilla then Investigator - lynched day 4 - role reveal on page 19, post 282
5 - @@2ofclubs - Adrian Rogers - Town - Vanilla - shot night 5 - role reveal on page 20, post 291
6 - @@ThickTalon - B. B. King - Town - Mayor - lynched day 3 - role reveal on page 16, post # 232
7 - @@Abs - Elvis Presley - Mafia - Mafia replacement - lynched day 2 - role reveal on page 12, post # 167
8 - @Dogbreath
9 - @Bluegoetz
10 - @histoplasmosis
11 - @@elysium5 - Roy Orbison - Town - Pawn Shop Owner - shot night 3 - role reveal on page 12, post # 174
12 - @@notoriouspat - Jerry Lee Lewis - Mafia - Mafia shooter - shot night 5 - role reveal on page 20, post 291
13 - @@Madagascarter - Justin Timberlake - Town - Vanilla - shot night 3 - role reveal on page 12, post # 174

Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
Lol pawn is shop closed at night. Reminds me of the movie 'Battle Ship" and chicken burrito. I will 100% do my best to support my faction, even if it means being a martyr.
Right now I will start the unwarranted band wagon by stating I suspect 2oC and we should remove him from the game. Also I will publicly ask for protection. You can't go wrong with protecting Clubs - save a town or block mafia ability. ;)
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
you guys can (and should) reach out to histo and the other 2 new players to make should they know how to get here and answer their questions. feel free to PM them to help them get here but after that chat mainly here :)
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
ThickTalon
From Memphis.... thank you thank you very much
I thought you would be still hungover on the sour mash.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
ThickTalon wrote:
2ofclubs
ThickTalon
From Memphis.... thank you thank you very much
I thought you would be still hungover on the sour mash.

All good...strict water diet
Jacob24 wrote:
I am here. Will be a bit tapped out this game, final exams and graduation and such
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
2ofclubs wrote:
Exams and graduation is usually over by game start date. Could be a smelly post. GL
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Crywolf wrote:
Jacob24
I’m in high school
Same here. This week and next week will be awful fun from all the tests and exams
New Mafia game coming
Tennesseelogman wrote:
I am back on land now and will be home after midnight tonight and will fix the player list and send out roll assignments Sunday afternoon. Everyone please post here now and let everyone know you are ready to go please
Live long and prosper
Crywolf wrote:
Tennesseelogman
I am back on land now and will be home after midnight tonight and will fix the player list and send out roll assignments Sunday afternoon. Everyone please post here now and let everyone know you are ready to go please
I'm ready!
New Mafia game coming