• 335 posts
  • Page 6 of 23
LizardMagpie wrote:
ThickTalon
Sorry all. Here now.

I am a town blues man but not from Memphis. Will catch up and post more frequently.

Tupelo?
LizardMagpie wrote:
So as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong):

Nobody is going to claim they are mafia - even if they are

So, claiming you are town means nothing

At this stage there is no way of proving anything

So at this stage lynching anyone would be completely random - the odds would be 5 or 6 to 1 against choosing a mafiosa.

Is that all correct - or not?

Now - in the instructions it says the abilities are doctor, sheriff, detective, pawn shop owner, mafia - from which I would take it that if you are e.g doc or sheriff, then you are provably non-mafia. That's the only way of proving that you're not mafia, yes? - to prove that you have an ability.

So how do we get proof of an ability? Is there a way of getting proof of an ability without anyone having been lynched or shot first?
Rockbert wrote:
LizardMagpie

So at this stage lynching anyone would be completely random - the odds would be 5 or 6 to 1 against choosing a mafiosa.

Now - in the instructions it says the abilities are doctor, sheriff, detective, pawn shop owner, mafia - from which I would take it that if you are e.g doc or sheriff, then you are provably non-mafia. That's the only way of proving that you're not mafia, yes? - to prove that you have an ability.

So how do we get proof of an ability? Is there a way of getting proof of an ability without anyone having been lynched or shot first?

That is all correct, the trick is, to find the mafia by ferreting out them out through what they say or don't say. Some people will claim abilities and others will claim to be "vanilla town" meaning they have no abilities. It's tricky, we have to catch each other in little or sometimes big lies. Jacob came right out and said he has an ability, but hasn't eluded as to what that is yet so that is something to keep an eye on. Clubs claims town "100%" and he very well could be, but Clubs makes that very same claim every single game. One way to get proof of an ability is to find an investigator and see if they can determine what a person's role or faction is, sometimes you can guess a person's ability by the role they have. Like if someone were a cop they might have a kill ability, or a protect ability. They might be able to arrest a player for a phase and put them in jail which could be a protection ability. Just throwing out examples. Hope this is helpful. Be careful who you reveal to and what you reveal and just have fun. :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
LizardMagpie wrote:
Rockbert
LizardMagpie

That is all correct, the trick is, to find the mafia by ferreting out them out through what they say or don't say. Some people will claim abilities and others will claim to be "vanilla town" meaning they have no abilities. It's tricky, we have to catch each other in little or sometimes big lies. Jacob came right out and said he has an ability, but hasn't eluded as to what that is yet so that is something to keep an eye on. Clubs claims town "100%" and he very well could be, but Clubs makes that very same claim every single game. One way to get proof of an ability is to find an investigator and see if they can determine what a person's role or faction is, sometimes you can guess a person's ability by the role they have. Like if someone were a cop they might have a kill ability, or a protect ability. They might be able to arrest a player for a phase and put them in jail which could be a protection ability. Just throwing out examples. Hope this is helpful. Be careful who you reveal to and what you reveal and just have fun. :)

Ok, that's helpful, thanks.

So what would be the downside of asking players to declare who has what abilities? Suppose I was the sheriff, or the doctor - why would I care about everybody knowing that? Is it that the mafia would likely shoot me, or is there another reason
Rockbert wrote:
Mafia would definitely kill you.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Bluegoetz wrote:
If doctor (who can save a player or themself in some games) says I’m the doctor the mafia would want that player dead because it slows them down in getting rid of the town. And gives more time for detective to find them out. And gives town more voting power.
So doctors should not announce themselves.
elysium5 wrote:
So one lynch for Jacob and I think 5 no lynches.

Deadline isn't far off so it looks like nobody is putting pressure on anybody with lynch votes.

That seems unusual to me that no one is trying to dig for any scraps of info here.

Anyone interested in a name reveal or something?

Does anyone see something wrong with this idea or have any others?
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
2ofclubs wrote:
All correct. I a gave histo the sheriff/cop example in a PM.
I don't always claim vanilla and never came out with 1st post a full. Why now?
Given 12 possible PSO, it's a crap shoot we guess the correct player and then 50/50 he sells you the gun.
So town needs to unite w/o a mafia mole in the group. I tried to play master Tennesseelogman and unite us, but reluctance to or lack of communicating w/ has hurt the town.
13 players and 15+ names. I am the only 'A" name and nobody has has messed up claiming it.
I asked for abilities to be revealed in a PM not in game thread.
I have only 1 PM from Thick, Rock, Jacob, and none from the others I have reached out to except Histo. I have not reached to all none has all reached out to me.
The pressure lynch isnt working. Most likely because Jacob knows I will change it.
Town we are likely to lose a player tonight :(
#un lynch Jacob
#No Lynch
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
elysium5
So one lynch for Jacob and I think 5 no lynches.

Deadline isn't far off so it looks like nobody is putting pressure on anybody with lynch votes.

That seems unusual to me that no one is trying to dig for any scraps of info here.

Anyone interested in a name reveal or something?

Does anyone see something wrong with this idea or have any others?
Not sure if of the 15 names given are actually applied to players the way its written.
I am Adrian Rodgers
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
As unwarranted 1st target. Here you fearful fellow townies is some of what I have.
I know :
2 player ithat are not the PSO. Includes me.
3 maybe 4 players that don't have night ability. Includes me.
3 maybe 4 players names
A lot of good entertainment has come from Tennesseelogman
Thanks TLM
WRKD4IT
Abs wrote:
LizardMagpie

In some ways this is the hardest part of the game as it’s all about trying to find some momentum or get people talking.

What you will usually find is that any mafia player usually is quiet at the start or overly talkative to try and prove innocence..

Best thing to do is try and message people 1 on 1 and cc TenLogMan in the message to ask for exchange of info but don’t give too much away without anything in return

And always remember, people can edit time stamps of messages, content say whatever they like! It’s all about deception

Hope this helps!
Abs wrote:
elysium5
I am Roy Orbison
What a legend!
LizardMagpie wrote:
So what have the names got to do with the price of fish? Do they offer a clue?

I'm Tony Soprano