• 297 posts
  • Page 20 of 20
hiscorginess wrote:
also my role was not.. the greatest
basically useless till night four and in a 9 player game usually they end by like night three
even then its just "survive", not much spice there, dont mind it but atleast some sort of usable protection would be nice since neutrals embody pure chaos

a more balanced rolelist to extend the game, some sample roles (so evils can make up win clauses more easily) and a better voting system would go a long way
three beetles, a shoe salesman and a priest walk into a bar
2ofclubs wrote:
Tennesseelogman
if you are mafia - you may want to con another player into thinking you are town and have them share their role pm w you 1st - that way you will get an idea of the wording used in a real town role PM. that is why most players are reluctant to give up their role info 1st. and why it is hard to get others to share their info = because they are sus of everyone else. typically the mafia know each other from the beginning of the game - so once any one of them get the needed info = they all have it. the game would normally be a slam dunk win for the town if all town members shared their info immediately because the town outnumber the mafia. but that never happens. it is not because we are afraid that the mafia will find out we are town = they already know that (except for the neutrals).
most players do not want to draw attention to themselves , which oftentimes leads them to getting killed early on by the mafia. this last time , once kc, npat , and i found each other and trusted each other - we decided not to let others into the inner circle but decided to keep them informed and involved as to a winning plan but not allow them to know who the king was. murderers were trying to get in and they did a good job of convincing us that they were good guys but alas there were a few discrepancies that made us wonder and the 2 investigations we had proved very effective - they were used on 2oc and peri. we had pretty high confidence in thick and abs but saw no need to share any potentially harmful info w them. thick was a big help w his role and abs i'm sure would have been next up to bat with his kill ability had it gone any further.
Excluding Ten and 2oc. :P
Ready if someone has one or the red flag turns green in Cannon ball.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
hiscorginess wrote:
i have some experience hosting mafia games but better if i play one more before trying it out
bc from what im reading this one was a little more unorthodox
MacEohaid wrote:
Good game Ryan.
The only thing I didn't like is how accomidating you were when the Townies aske for information several phases into the game.
All the bad guys died before we were even able to find out who we were aligned with. The idea was great but the game seemed stacked from the start. There little for us bad guys to do out of the gate to use our abilities without being exposed. Here are some examples of how the townies got info when they asked (perhaps I'm being nit-picky):

RyanairLol
RyanairLol

Corporal
RyanairLol wrote:  Posted: 11 Jul 2023, 11:57 
Post #41
ThickTalon
In other games we have asked and the game curator answered.

So.

RyanairLol if you can, can you tell us if the mafia already know each other?
The mafia currently does not know each other, but they will on night xxx.
RyanairLol
Good guys:
King
Bodyguard
Prime Minister
Gastroenterologist 1
Gastroenterologist 2
Modern Detective Sherlock Holmes
Sheriff Jack

Neutral:
Voter

Bad guys:
Jack the Ripper
Assassinator
Poisoner
Lord Voldemort
Tennesseelogman wrote:
we really appreciate you hosting ryan and look forward to your next game
please do not take it badly that some are pointing out ways to possibly improve things in the future. i think the set up was fine and i have already given my opinion and tips in private but overall it was a great game. the very kind of game that lends itself to my style of play.
Live long and prosper
MacEohaid wrote:
Yes to TLM's message. I don't want to discourage you after all the work you put into the London game. It was fun but ended pretty abruptly. I just figured there were ways to prevent a landslide in the future. That is my only intention of writing the above is to help improve your next one, which I hope there will be! Thanks again.
anuorre wrote:
Likewise thanks Ryan for hosting my first ever virtual mafia. Lots of fun with very interesting characters.

Should definitely host more ;)

And, to you and everyone else, let's avoid mob justice! Innocent until proven guilty
anuorre is online.
hiscorginess wrote:
my best feedback is probably that it was really frustrating to me how the role was Jack the ripper and not Jack the Ripper
ripper would imply its like Allie the alligator, Ripper implies that its a title
KC321 wrote:
Anuorre, there was no mob justice. We knew your role before you were voted out
Tennesseelogman wrote:
anuorre - there were small hints that came from you and several others. (i was actually wanting to lynch pyg at the time but had to be away from my computer before i could start the lynch on him). when that happens oftentimes someone will vote to lynch that person. if another player or 2 agrees and continues the vote then the sus player will sometimes give info to support the fact that they are town - in public or in private to the player(s) supporting the lynch. if they are convincing = the vote will then go elsewhere. it is a method of getting info out of a player that has been unwilling otherwise. sometimes works and sometimes do not. your lack of defense made you even more sus. so, no, we did not know that you were bad at the time (at least i did not) but it seemed worth the risk and it was none of us being lynched , so that makes it easier to lynch vote you.
many times the 1st lynch vote results in a no lynch vote because there is not enough info out yet the make an educated guess and it could have easily gone that way this time but it did not.

i commend you for asking questions to see how you could have played it differently and had a better outcome but please do so from a position of wanting to improve your play vs criticizing anybody else's play.
Live long and prosper