• 297 posts
  • Page 19 of 20
RyanairLol wrote:
After the application of extra votes, Mac is dead.
He is a murderer.

CONGRATS TOWNIES! YOU WIN!!!!
KC321 wrote:
Let’s go!!!!!! GG everyone!!!! That’s 2 in a row for KC!
Tennesseelogman wrote:
gg all - murderers had a very tough setup. i thought it would be an easy win for them at first w 4 bad guys and 8 not bad guys but as the game mechanics were peeled back = it became apparent that a little cooperation among a few good guys would put us in the drivers seat.

anax said he could play in august so if anybody wants to start the sign-up = we have 2 weeks off.

ryan - does that mean that hiscorg also won as neutral. and come you publish mas's and hiscorg"s role PM

thanks for hosting ryan
Live long and prosper
Rcomer727 wrote:
anuorre
Mac - how were you able to know the role and ability of the PM?
He didn't. Those weren't the pms abilities.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
if you are mafia - you may want to con another player into thinking you are town and have them share their role pm w you 1st - that way you will get an idea of the wording used in a real town role PM. that is why most players are reluctant to give up their role info 1st. and why it is hard to get others to share their info = because they are sus of everyone else. typically the mafia know each other from the beginning of the game - so once any one of them get the needed info = they all have it. the game would normally be a slam dunk win for the town if all town members shared their info immediately because the town outnumber the mafia. but that never happens. it is not because we are afraid that the mafia will find out we are town = they already know that (except for the neutrals).
most players do not want to draw attention to themselves , which oftentimes leads them to getting killed early on by the mafia. this last time , once kc, npat , and i found each other and trusted each other - we decided not to let others into the inner circle but decided to keep them informed and involved as to a winning plan but not allow them to know who the king was. murderers were trying to get in and they did a good job of convincing us that they were good guys but alas there were a few discrepancies that made us wonder and the 2 investigations we had proved very effective - they were used on 2oc and peri. we had pretty high confidence in thick and abs but saw no need to share any potentially harmful info w them. thick was a big help w his role and abs i'm sure would have been next up to bat with his kill ability had it gone any further.
Live long and prosper
anuorre wrote:
Sneaky! Gosh it was tough to ask questions and be one of the bad guys in the beginning. Way too disadvantageous to be putting myself out in the open.

Also this mob justice/ voting has to stop :)

I think in future, the moderator should reveal all the roles prior to starting. otherwise, this coercion of revealing your roles prior to the game starting ends up being disadvantageous to the bad guys. The good guys have nothing to lose by announcing it, the bad guys have everything to lose by revealing it.
periwinkle wrote:
anuorre
Sneaky! Gosh it was tough to ask questions and be one of the bad guys in the beginning. Way too disadvantageous to be putting myself out in the open.

Also this mob justice/ voting has to stop :)

I think in future, the moderator should reveal all the roles prior to starting. otherwise, this coercion of revealing your roles prior to the game starting ends up being disadvantageous to the bad guys. The good guys have nothing to lose by announcing it, the bad guys have everything to lose by revealing it.

Yup I totally agree. This was an atypical game...mafia had no idea who each other were and many of us could not use our abilities at all....we were pretty much vanilla mafia since we could only use it on the king otherwise we were dead. I also requested that extra roles would be announced as this was common practice in our other games but that request was denied. It just made it more challenging mafia. It would have been a more interesting game if there was 6 bad guys and 6 good guys. The game was pretty much decided after day 2.